Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Egwene was horrible throughout the first few books, then slowly got better after becoming Amyrlin. I thought her parts from Knife of Dreams onwards were pretty good.

Elayne nearly won several Darwin awards if not for Birgitte.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Egwene was horrible throughout the first few books, then slowly got better after becoming Amyrlin. I thought her parts from Knife of Dreams onwards were pretty good.

I agree with every part of that. I really enjoyed Egwayne's development as a person throughout the series. Elayne... Well you said it perfetly. Charging into stupid situations all the time, normally getting other people killed. "Min's viewing means I can't die." Ugh... just stupid.
    "Being polite to a person is not a sign of respect for them. It is merely a sign of a good upbringing and a balanced nature."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Elayne, good in politics, bad in common sense.
    But Egwene's whole becoming Amyrlin struggle was epic. Enjoyed that immensely when I couldn't care less about her as a character before that part.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    Elayne, good in politics, bad in common sense.
    But Egwene's whole becoming Amyrlin struggle was epic. Enjoyed that immensely when I couldn't care less about her as a character before that part.
    you mean someone who grew up in a palace, surrounded by people to do everything for her, with everything in a VERY CONTROLLED enviroment lacks common sense?

shocking...

Deleted
    Saddest death in the whole book Bela

Otherwise an epic finish to an epic book series. I have to agree that they went all George Martin on the entire cast. Didnt see half the deaths that happened coming.

I was dissapointed with demandred. his intro was epic. but the way he just stood on top of that cliff and yelled like a madman at lews therin and fighting not one nor 2 but fucking three swordduels was just rediculus.. he was like a robot..
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2013-01-21 at 12:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I was dissapointed with demandred. his intro was epic. but the way he just stood on top of that cliff and yelled like a madman at lews therin and fighting not one nor 2 but fucking three swordduels was just rediculus.. he was like a robot..

edit: how do i make black boxes over my text?
    [ spoiler] [/ spoiler] no space.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    Saddest death in the whole book Bela

Otherwise an epic finish to an epic book series. I have to agree that they went all George Martin on the entire cast. Didnt see half the deaths that happened coming.
    There was only one character I was surprised got killed off, but it was done in a fashion that was acceptable.

I have one question. How did Rand end up with Moridin's body? First I thought he was just using Mask of Mirrors but it seems like the book makes a point that he now has his lost hand back, and actually looks like Moridin. It was never really explained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    I have one question. How did Rand end up with Moridin's body? First I thought he was just using Mask of Mirrors but it seems like the book makes a point that he now has his lost hand back, and actually looks like Moridin. It was never really explained.
    It had actually been speculated by quite a few fans that that's what would happen. It goes back to "Crown of Swords" when their two balefire streams met, creating a link between them. In the books since then, there were hints about the link, such as Rand having access to the Dark One's True Power, the saa appearing in his eye for a few moments after losing his hand, and both of them having easy access to each others mind, despite the barriers that have been set up.

As for why the balefire had that effect... it was magic!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect it is similar to how Mog can channel the True Power as well, though she could only channel a little bit of it just like most of the other Chosen could in AMoL.

You also have to remember that the connection between Rand and Moridin left the latter acting in a similar fashion to Rand after he lost his hand. It is noted that Moridin was seen with his left hand behind his back often, despite being able to use it, then when he stabs his own right hand, that forced Rand to drop Callandor. Funnily enough Rand only having one hand worked out for the best

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the ending I expected, and probably the ending the series deserved. I enjoyed it and am both happy and sad to see the end (although, there is no beginning or ending to the turnings of the Wheel... but this was an ending).

So, how about that Stormlight Archive?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You also have to remember that the connection between Rand and Moridin left the latter acting in a similar fashion to Rand after he lost his hand. It is noted that Moridin was seen with his left hand behind his back often, despite being able to use it, then when he stabs his own right hand, that forced Rand to drop Callandor. Funnily enough Rand only having one hand worked out for the best
    Thank you. I had totally forgotten that was how he got Rand to drop it. It does at least make it plausible and foreshadowed. But its still not really explained. Oh Well.

Very promising. Read The Way of Kings waiting for AMoL to come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    New York Times #1 bestseller for two weeks in a row. Haters can hate but the numbers are strong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Goosebumps and feels the whole time as I read through the Last Battle chapter. Made me miss Chem lecture today.

I lol'd when Moghedien gets caught again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    It was the ending I expected, and probably the ending the series deserved. I enjoyed it and am both happy and sad to see the end (although, there is no beginning or ending to the turnings of the Wheel... but this was an ending).

I loved it, The Way of Kings was incredible, hopefully book 2 is as good.