Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    if the last DLC included the possibility of shep surviving i think people would rejoice and pay anythin bioware put on as the price tag
    Well If they don't spoil the next DLC even if it's finished, it means that it will spoil ME4 setting and they must announce both at the same time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    No official news yet, though the coming DLC may very well be the last since the team had the very last get-together for ME3 the other day.
    The problem is those tweets while clear in meaning aren't very clear about the future of Mass Effect. It seems odd that they would stop doing MP DLC when it doesn't require to much work and the payoff can be huge (new dlc means new cash shop purchases). We do know there is at least one more SP DLC coming because it was hinted out and I doubt they would scrap it, though it is possible.

The Tweets could just be referencing that the current ME3 team is moving on to new projects while they go into maintenance mode while much of the team moves on to me4 or other Bioware projects. It could be the last meetings for that team, but not the last meetings for ME3. I do know some of the other team members had used words like last meeting ever and stuff.

It just seems like if it was the end of new stuff for ME3 Bioware would at least have made an official announcement.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I would definately love a DLC that gives us the oportunity to have a living Shepard. I could imagine some new very hard to reach ending that requires a lot of EMS and the right descisions throughout the last DLC.

Not that realistic tho'
    There's a huge problem, though. If Bioware releases a DLC that changes the ending, people would complain about having to pay for it, and if Bioware releases a standard DLC pack then people will also complain because it didn't change the ending.

There's really no way out for Bioware.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    There's a huge problem, though. If Bioware releases a DLC that changes the ending, people would complain about having to pay for it, and if Bioware releases a standard DLC pack then people will also complain because it didn't change the ending.

There's really no way out for Bioware.
    You'll always have people complain so its that wouldn't be that big of a problem. The larger problem would be why would people pay for something that they can already do through the "breathing" scene? Would people really pay X amount for a 30 second cutscene of Shepard with a love interest? Lets assume that it is a whole new survival then the one already implied.

What would have the power to make Shepard survive that wasn't "space magic"? That was a full DLC worthy story. Another problem is EMS and Assets. You have to actually try for the bad endings now. It is even harder if you've been doing Multiplayer and have 100% effectiveness and multiple promotions. Anything super high would require Multiplayer to get or for the new DLC to reward those assets.

There are a lot of issues with a Shepard Lives DLC in my opinion the least of which is complainers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You'll always have people complain so its that wouldn't be that big of a problem. The larger problem would be why would people pay for something that they can already do through the "breathing" scene? Would people really pay X amount for a 30 second cutscene of Shepard with a love interest? Lets assume that it is a whole new survival then the one already implied.

What would have the power to make Shepard survive that wasn't "space magic"? That was a full DLC worthy story. Another problem is EMS and Assets. You have to actually try for the bad endings now. It is even harder if you've been doing Multiplayer and have 100% effectiveness and multiple promotions. Anything super high would require Multiplayer to get or for the new DLC to reward those assets.

There are a lot of issues with a Shepard Lives DLC in my opinion the least of which is complainers.
    frankly I hope they don't cave in on the pressure to make a shep lives dlc. The tease at the end was enough. It leaves so much more mystery to it. I would rather the DLC deal with the consequences of the choices you made and set up for the future of the franchise.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

why make a dlc in the aftermath of the ending? you cant controll shepard (unless he did survive the red ending) so it would be mostly either cutscenes or playing as a team member (while i wouldnt mind doing that i fell it should only be used in the future of the franchise since in all 3 games you only controll shepard at all times)
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Then I hope that this final DLC is gonna be amazing. Omega was good but it was kinda lame that the only thing you gained for freeing Omega was a stupid chess board and a bunch of war assets.

I was hoping that Nyreen joined our squad but she passed out like an idiot in that scene. I would like that the final DLC has a much bigger impact on the campaign and that the consequenses of the desicions matter a lot more than any other DLC thus far. Some new Squadmates would be cool too.
    I wouldn't expect a new squadmate, it takes a huge amount of time and effort to incorporate them fully into the story. They'd need to have lines for almost every mission, it's a huge undertaking and the mission in the dlc would surely suffer for it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    if the last DLC included the possibility of shep surviving i think people would rejoice and pay anythin bioware put on as the price tag
    I wouldn't, I pick Control and dislike Destroy. This dlc would be totally wasted on me and I'd be very disappointed. I do not want anymore ending dlc.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-01-20 at 08:23 PM.

i wasent saying the dlc was only in order for shepard to survive. it could well be before the ending and you manage to do smthin that would let you survive in red along with the geth in edi but you could still decide to kill yourself if you want to
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Meh, I think a "Shepard lives DLC" would fit. Plenty of space magic to go around already, might as well make use of it
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Would still only be pertinent to 1/3 of the original game's results. Making a DLC that exclusive is generally not a good business.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no more ending DLC. I want the next one to be a great mission with a great story and character development. I'm absolutely sick of hearing about the ending and how we should have dlc for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Would still only be pertinent to 1/3 of the original game's results. Making a DLC that exclusive is generally not a good business.
    Just use more space magic so it fits all endings!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I have a question. Is there anyway in the multiplayer to do significant damage with guns? I mean my biotic detonations can 2 shot most enemies but it takes forever to take out the bigger units on my soldier. Is it just that my weapon isnt strong enough? I havent played in a long time so i dont have many new weapons but i just wanna know if its a lost cause trying to do the majority of my damage with an assault rifle type gun while using adrenaline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I have a question. Is there anyway in the multiplayer to do significant damage with guns? I mean my biotic detonations can 2 shot most enemies but it takes forever to take out the bigger units on my soldier. Is it just that my weapon isnt strong enough? I havent played in a long time so i dont have many new weapons but i just wanna know if its a lost cause trying to do the majority of my damage with an assault rifle type gun while using adrenaline.

Human soldier? What gun are you using and what is your build?

Deleted
    Try Harrier/Particle Rifle/Typhoon + Revenant with AP ammo or mod and Mattock
    Higher difficulties also greatly increase their hp, lowering the feectiveness of BE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Try Harrier/Particle Rifle/Typhoon + Revenant with AP ammo or mod and Mattock
    Higher difficulties also greatly increase their hp, lowering the feectiveness of BE.
    He said he doesn't have any of the newer weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    He said he doesn't have any of the newer weapons.
    He doesn't have many new ones, and the Revenant/Mattock aren't new

Ok i have Revenant and Mattock what do u mean by BE?

10+ Year Old Account
    Biotic Explosions.

How is your Soldier built?

Deleted
    Biotic explosions
    If you have 2 or more players working together they can still shred things but on higher difficulties trying to trigger them solo can be a pain due to cooldowns and exploding other players tech powers/ammo.