Poll: Most powerful raid boss in WoW?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Most powerful raid boss in WoW?

Had this discussion a year or so ago figured it would be interesting to bring it back.

Which boss in WoW do you think is the strongest or most powerful? This only applies to bosses in the World of Warcraft itself, so beings like Sargeras do not apply (He isnt in the game). Defend your opinions! I wanna be convinced.

This is about their lore not their in game encounter, for clarification.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-01-22 at 03:42 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the Lich King, as he commanded the armies of the undead, and almost successfully turned the champions of azeroth into his minions. Tirion Lucked out with a final blessing to free him from his bonds. It takes a pretty BA guy to plan to be attacked, just to create more troops.

Lore wise of gameplay wise? Lore wise I think it's DW and Archimonde which face us in their full power mode.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Jibjabb one of these threads I would say yogg or kil'jaeden

Deleted
    For its time, im gonna say heroic LK 25, even now your generic pug will have trouble even @90. C'thun was a pain in the ass, but in my experience, that was due to 40 man lag on a piece of sh*t pc

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden could probably mind rape LK if he wanted to. Only reason we beat KJ was because he wasn't at full power.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakthir90 View Post
    For its time, im gonna say heroic LK 25, even now your generic pug will have trouble even @90. C'thun was a pain in the ass, but in my experience, that was due to 40 man lag on a piece of sh*t pc
    Read the OP, not just the title. He said lore not in game fighting.

OT: I'd say Deathwing is strongest.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen. He (for what we know) soloed a Titanic Watcher. Those guys take us 5-25 people to kill.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Most powerful is tricky to define. In a straight up fight Kil'jaeden (at full strength) would probably win. However C'thun and Yogg-Saron are no pushovers and use their power to corrupt powerful beings from the shadows (like Deathwing), and given time I would wager they could twist even beings like Sargeras to their will.

If you look at gameplay then Deathwing would win as even in a weakened state he does destroy the world if not killed fast enough. Although I would love to see the final numbers if about C'thun was dropped into Ogrimmar and his beam was able to bounce a few hundred times .

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Most powerful is tricky to define. In a straight up fight Kil'jaeden (at full strength) would probably win. However C'thun and Yogg-Saron are no pushovers and use their power to corrupt powerful beings from the shadows (like Deathwing), and given time I would wager they could twist even beings like Sargeras to their will.

If you look at gameplay then Deathwing would win as even in a weakened state he does destroy the world if not killed fast enough. Although I would love to see the final numbers if about C'thun was dropped into Ogrimmar and his beam was able to bounce a few hundred times .
    I find DW's signature power was a bit OP lol. He had dominion over the earth itself. He could tear it apart.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing. Even weakened from the Dragon Soul's Blast, he, with his Old God-ish Powers, could destroy the entire world with hiis "True Cataclysm".

Aside of him, I think Emperor Lei Shen, The Thunder King, is awesomely powerfull too. Defeated the Titanic Watcher, was only defeated when a army (not 10, 15, 25 or 40. A ARMY!) of the best Pandaren Monks ended his life.

And sorry for my bad english!

Although, Lei Shen is not the strongest but I find him pretty badass. The way his legend instill fear through out the pandaria. The way he effectively ruled his empire with iron fist. His imposing stance when he stands. All of this make for pretty badass villian.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-01-21 at 04:25 AM.

lore wise, kj..

he's acting leader of the burning legion. everything else listed is remarkably less massive/powerful.. those who voted for the lich king, might not realize that the lich king was created by kil'jaeden..

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Deathwing, as from what I can tell from reading the various novels, he had some serious power. The Old Gods are good, but seem to be pretty limited and rely on corrupting others to do their work for them. Same for Kil'Jaeden it would seem. Most of his power lies in those who work for him, or rather, for Sargeras, and just take orders from him. Either of those are beatable by basic means, as shown by Archimonde in Mount Hyjal just being taken down by a wisp "explosion," and C'Thun being defeated by adventurers. The Lich King is good, but once again, relies mainly on having an army to shield him from actual confrontation. When it finally comes down to him engaging, he has to rely on the power of Frostmourne. When it was broken by its opposite, Arthas goes down. Sure, the spirit of the Lich King must live on, etc, etc, but again, that part doesn't have any real power other than that of subversion.

Deathwing brings with him the full power of an Aspect and then some when he engages. He's got size, strength, and very formidable magic on top of having a cult following and had a full flight of dragons at his command, as well as creating new ones. His generals are smart and it takes a powerful being to keep that kind of intelligence under control. So I give the most powerful boss award him, for sure. No one else has made Alexstraza into his pawn. He would never have been beaten if it wasn't for the Demon Soul. Basically a gimmick for the good guys as they had to time travel to even get it.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that lorewise, Archimonde is tougher than Kil'Jaeden, at least when it comes to actual fighting. KJ is more about doing things through minions and working behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    I'm pretty sure that lorewise, Archimonde is tougher than Kil'Jaeden, at least when it comes to actual fighting. KJ is more about doing things through minions and working behind the scenes.
    Nothing confirmed this. Only source we have is that KJ is better arcane user than Arch and ranked higher than Arch in BL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Nothing confirmed this. Only source we have is that KJ is better arcane user than Arch and ranked higher than Arch in BL.
    Yeah, I was just reading, and I remembered wrong. I was fairly certain there was a mention that Archimonde was physically stronger, but I was wrong. Still, KJ is ranked higher mostly because Archimonde is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazienne View Post
    I voted Deathwing, as from what I can tell from reading the various novels, he had some serious power. The Old Gods are good, but seem to be pretty limited and rely on corrupting others to do their work for them. Same for Kil'Jaeden it would seem. Most of his power lies in those who work for him, or rather, for Sargeras, and just take orders from him. Either of those are beatable by basic means, as shown by Archimonde in Mount Hyjal just being taken down by a wisp "explosion," and C'Thun being defeated by adventurers. The Lich King is good, but once again, relies mainly on having an army to shield him from actual confrontation. When it finally comes down to him engaging, he has to rely on the power of Frostmourne. When it was broken by its opposite, Arthas goes down. Sure, the spirit of the Lich King must live on, etc, etc, but again, that part doesn't have any real power other than that of subversion.
    I wouldn't really call the basic, as it kinda cost the Night Elves their immortality. Unforunately, Archimonde was too overconfident (as are any other villians). If he had taken the time to actually focus on destroying the orcs/humans/elves, he would've easily triumped (instead he blindly rushed the World Tree). But now I'm getting off-topic.

On topic, I would say that Kil'Jaedan is the most powerful. In his current position he has this under his belt: the armies of the Burning Legion and his own tremendous powers. I think that more than everyone else on that list, he could influence the direction of events in the Warcraft.

For strongest, in personal combat power, I'd vote for Archimonde/maybe Deathwing.

No votes for Hakkar. Poor baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old gods have the most power. You fight them in a weakened state.

Deathwing was the only one dumb enough to try to blow up the world (and essentially release the Old gods, namely N'zoth, from their prisons).
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.