SV - How far behind is toth compared to db and fervor?

How far behind is toth compared to dire beast and fervor for sv, patchwork style encounter wise?

Based on my own sims from FD. I used 82 ms (I avg 78-84), and an 8 minute fight with full raidbuffs and prepot. I currently have a 492 ilvl with the 504 Sha Weapon. Also used "Common Shot Priority" to make it easier.

Thrill of the Hunt -- 94117.84 -- Base
    Fervor -- 96560.82 -- +2442.98
    Dire Beast -- 96695.99 -- +2578.15

thanks for the quick reply jeremy, was something i've been curious about for a while.

According to femaledwarf I lose 4780 dps if I swap TOTH to dire beast. I'm crit, mastery, haste reforged with a 500 ilvl (maybe the mastery is making arcane shots more valuable for me but I know many prioritise haste over mastery).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aryliss/simple

Best way to see what is best for you is probably to just import you character into female dwarf.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-01-21 at 05:42 AM.

There's absolutely no way to get a DPS decrease switching to Dire Beast. Well, except maybe Fervor as they are pretty dam close. But if you are losing almost 5k DPS switching to Dire Beast, you must be doing something wrong on Femaledwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    There's absolutely no way to get a DPS decrease switching to Dire Beast. Well, except maybe Fervor as they are pretty dam close. But if you are losing almost 5k DPS switching to Dire Beast, you must be doing something wrong on Femaledwarf.
    Chances are he's forgot to include dire beast in his shot rotation after calculating first with toth, then dire beast. That gives me a -4.4k difference, atleast, while actually using the talent gives me a +2.3k over toth.

I get over 5k dps increase swapping to DB, but im still capping at 80076.31 with RF Taoren(500+160 gem). I am unable to duplicate your numbers using your profile and basic FD setup indicated. Your data/profile only shows 85593.21dps. What am I missing that you come out 10k ahead?

EDIT:
    NM, after some FD reloading, I was up to 91513.25 after a couple calculations. Not certain what i messed up with on earlier calculations.
    Last edited by danko215; 2013-01-21 at 09:28 AM.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

Deleted
    With prepot and higher ilvl, Dire Beast is becoming better and better. (always the best tho if not counting fight mechanics)

it's still 3% at most..so if you are not pushing hardmodes you should be fine with ToTH

even with terrible reforging and wrong talents skill > all

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Chances are he's forgot to include dire beast in his shot rotation after calculating first with toth, then dire beast. That gives me a -4.4k difference, atleast, while actually using the talent gives me a +2.3k over toth.
    if this is true, there does seem to be quite a big difference. (DB and Fervor give 50% more damage singletarget if your numbers are representive)
    but as I have BM/SV dualspecc, and use BM mostly (SV only for AoE fights) ToTH fits the SV specc better than DB. Fervor seems to be the middle way... (that I have to admit that I never tried out as SV)