View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Hinterlands, Jintha'Alor in particular, i remember being stuck there for an eternity levelling my monk
    shouldn't go there in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    CRZ really seems to be a 'Marmite' concept - people either love it or hate it.
    Personally I love it. It's nice to go to old and zones and actually see people.
    I was doing a quest chain in Burning Steppes (to get a pet as the end quest reward). The zone was full of people and I ended up grouping with some level 48 monk just so I wasn't stealing all his kills and he got the benefit of mobs he needed being one-shotted.

People complaining really need to look up what the letters in MMORPG stand for, especially the second letter.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate crz, it's the worst thing bliz done to wow. maybe if it STILL didn't have bugs it'd be a little better. I hate crz for many reasons and i wish it would go away, although i know it ain't goin no where.

Deleted
    What i do is simply just invite someone on the same quest to my group and we both profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    CRZ really seems to be a 'Marmite' concept - people either love it or hate it.
    Personally I love it. It's nice to go to old and zones and actually see people.
    I was doing a quest chain in Burning Steppes (to get a pet as the end quest reward). The zone was full of people and I ended up grouping with some level 48 monk just so I wasn't stealing all his kills and he got the benefit of mobs he needed being one-shotted.

People complaining really need to look up what the letters in MMORPG stand for, especially the second letter.
    I don't understand why people are so mad about this. You would have to be an insanely negative person to be THAT upset, because you see another person in the game world. So what? Someone else tags the level 10 three legged rat you were about to kill. You know, the one that you can 2 shot? This wastes what, 5 seconds of your time, because you can turn left and see another? They already made it to where you can have multiple people get credit for named quest mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    So there are other players around you? In an MMO?

CRZ is a great idea, and the only thing that needs sorting is the odd bit of phasing round the edge of zones, or at least remove the mobs that traverse zone boundaries.
    I've no problem with there being other players around me. My issue is with game breaking bugs. Call me funny but when I get a game, and it's been working just fine for over 8 years now, and suddenly a patch comes in that puts a feature in that breaks tons of stuff with only 1 benefit, I tend to not like such a feature. Especially when the items being broke, effects the overall enjoyment of the game.

Ideally, if the issue which, from what I gathered from Blizzard, was people transfering to low population servers, just to farm materials and pets with 0 competition was an issue, then should the fix go to putting a stop to such an advantage? Take a big handfull of the almost empty servers, combine them into 1 super server. Small population servers, you aren't likely to see name conflicts, or guild name conflicts. So if you took 20 low population servers and merged them together, you'd get a brand new medium population server and the people complaining on the old low population servers of their server being dead, would have a larger pool of people to guild with, and more competition for crafting materials.

And if the reason for CRZ is for pvp servers, then what benefits would it have for pve servers? Especially with the removal of world group quests, and the fact you get xp nerfs if you group up. For me, it's not a social issue, outside of being unable to avoid a server I paid over $100 to get away from (I transfered many alts) and the inability to ignore people that harass, and unable to report them, because GM's respond with "Right click and report them that way, your ticket is now closed".

I can handle there being more people in zones. I can handle competition. But I can't handle harassment, and an inability to put an end to it. I cannot handle bugs that Blizzard themselves, said they are unable to fix. Those are the issues at hand. It's not about there being other people around me.

^ Over exaggerating the problems, and under exaggerating the pro's of CRZs.

Deleted
    OP you need to go away

Deleted
    The part which CRZ is an epic fail is that when im playing on the popular faction i see other people but when i play on the dead faction CRZ doesnt work. I dont know wether its my account thats bugged or its like that.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    OP you need to go away
    This is why i always agree with the whiners.

15+ Year Old Account
    If someone actually pays to transfer to a low pop server in order to find rare pets more easily, they need to have a word with themselves. Roll an alt on one, fine. But transfer? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Hinterlands, Jintha'Alor in particular, i remember being stuck there for an eternity levelling my monk
    Makes me wonder if you ever did Jintha'Alor in Vanilla/BC before they made the mobs non Elite. It would literally take a full day to get that place done because you had to have a 5 man group for it. It cannot be that bad.

I'm paying for an MMO, not a singleplayer game. CRZ gives me that better than any other feature in WoW in the 3½ years I've played. It needs to stay.

Deleted
    I'm for CRZ

Now that's out the way, I don't think anybody complaining in this thread about CRZ is saying they want to be all alone in the world, so I think the single player argument needs to go away tbh.

Deleted
    Trying to level in Hellfire Penisula is a fucking pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This is more of an attitude problem than anything else. If you don't want to play a game where you might see another person, don't. Unless you are being ganked, those people really have no effects on you.
    Not really, blizzard has pretty much designed questing aspect of the game in a very unfriendly way. If someone is doing the same quest as you it's just another person to compete with for mobs, or quest items or the worst is when it's a specific mob that has a respawn timer. You could group and often time people do but then you get less experience. And even when you group a lot of drop quests make you get your own drops so your still being slowed down. The questing is just designed in such a way that you don't want to see other people. Which is sad since it is an MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    CRZ is a band aid solution instead of putting servers together, and as the poster mentions they allready removed most (if not all) group quests prior to a certain expansion so in that regard there is little to no reason at all to interact with other people - besides pvp which seems to be limited to high level players being a pain to lower level players.

If anything they should have crz in pandaria now for the side with fewer players available, so if fx. Horde got less players than alliance the zones would let other players in and vice versa.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

It is a Marmite concept, people love it or they hate it.

But I'm going to put a different spin on it, list me the Pros and cons, any that you can think of.

Pros

• Zones feel populated. (Having people around in areas that were formerly sparely populated feels good.)
    • Help can be found easier if you need it. (Not really applicable for general "killing" of mobs but if you're stuck and don't know what to do.)
    • Lots more world PvP on PvP realms. (For PvP'ers, this one is a huge pro. They seem to enjoy the constant danger involved.)
    (Hmm, really struggling to find more..)

Cons

• Questing may take longer. (waiting for respawns, etc)
    • Gathering professions take a lot longer. (Days instead of hours to skill them up.)
    • Lots more low levels getting ganked and/or corpse camped. (From the complaints I've seen this is a big one, doesn't apply to me, PvE realm'er)
    • Destroying low population realm economy for materials that are "pre-mists" (Everything's so expensive these days!)
    • Rare pet farming - this one doesn't affect me too much but good luck getting pets on a long respawn (Minfernal, Scourged Whelp)
    • Rare Mount farming - Lots more people camping TLDP and Aeonaxx mean that they are harder to get than it was when the content was current.
    • Buggy - Having your buddy thrown off your 2 person mount when you change zone's is time consuming and irritating.

Feel free to copy/paste or quote the lists to add your own Pros and Cons. Lets keep this going and see where we end up.
    Last edited by razski; 2013-01-21 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    If someone actually pays to transfer to a low pop server in order to find rare pets more easily, they need to have a word with themselves. Roll an alt on one, fine. But transfer? Really?
    and on this point I agree. Transfering servers should be for 1 or 2 reasons:

1) Server feels dead and you want more people to socialize with

2) You are being griefed/harassed and thus are transfering rather than leaving the game because certain individuals go out of their way to disrupt your enjoyment of the game.

To transfer to a low population realm just to have a cruise mode for crafting skills, I actually would consider an exploit. I play MMO's for the social aspect and roleplaying. Roleplaying requires socializing. And being a roleplayer, that's something I do a ton of.

Now as I said before and I will say again, if the bugs and issues I listed on page 2, were non-existant, I'd probably still be playing today. But it's a fact that a lot of them bugs cannot be fixed because of technical limitations, according to Blizzard themselves. So here's an idea I once proposed on the official forums:

An Opt In/Out option.

If you opt in, you get phased into a CRZ server. All the quests are group quests, and it encourages grouping, and you'd get more XP grouping with people. There would also be an even higher rate of crafting materials available.

If you opt out, you are on your home realm, where grouping for quests would punish you by reduced XP since all the quests are single player mode. Lower spawn rates for crafting materials, etc.

And to stop the single player crowd from exploiting their dead servers, merge the dying servers into 1 mega server. Boom, problem solves. People could avoid the passenger mount bugs, the ones that are on low population servers to horde the crafting recourses with no competition wont have that advantage, and the people upset that their realm is near dead, will finally have a server that has a wider selection of guilds and players.

Anyways it is late, so I am turning in now. Later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You have. The prices on your auction house are negatively effected by it. What benefits have you experiences? None.

It's a buggy cost cutting solution that doesn't add anything to the game.
    I have more gold than I could possibly spend just from selling a BoE epic I found in the first week of MoP before the raids opened up, though the prices on my server don't seem worse than they used to be. CRZ isn't available in the current content zones, and pretty much everything lower level can easily be farmed while leveling alts (leveling my pandaren monk I haven't had any trouble finding herbs for inscription) or by taking your main and soloing old dungeons.

The only benefit I've experienced, I suppose, would be actually seeing people out and about in zones that used to be completely deserted. On the flip side, I haven't experienced any negatives, and haven't had any bugs apart from some zoning issues that have long since been resolved.

Of course, it seems to me that most CRZ haters specifically hate it because "ugh there are people around and I don't have the whole place to myself anymore!" which was never an intended design anyway.

Maybe I'm just to used to Classic and BC when my server was so crowded that it eventually got split into two servers. There were people all over the place. Plus, it was a PVP server and you often had to engage in PVP just to gather any resources.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-01-21 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    CRZ:

Newbie: "Oh nice a good MMO its so alive."

*Checks AH* ""