View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by igneous42 View Post
    I've never said I don't like seeing other players, you put those words in my mouth then argued against a point a didn't make. Fun Fact, I've owned guild wars 2 to for maybe coming up on a month now I think, and I love seeing people in that game. They don't take mobs or resources and you get buffs (and give buffs) to anybody in the area not just people in you group. There are also a lot of events going on some of which are not doable by one person and most that are doable by one person are more fun with other people around. It makes for a much better leveling experience. It's not that I don't like seeing other people in MMO's, it's that I don't like seeing other people while questing in WoW specifically, because of bad design.
    So mob tagging and sharing quest mobs is only bad in WoW?
    Putting words in your mouth.. you argue that sharing mobs for quests is frustrating. Now I haven't played GW2, but unless everything is somehow shared (no xp penalty?) then sure. If that's the case GW2 has an environment that can't impede your questing due to other players...

So the only issue is that CRZ, by making zones more alive, may slow down your leveling. So far I can't see anything that says anything other than you want to play singleplayer, where there's no competition in the world. No conflict.

How boring
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-21 at 11:19 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Simple, because 1 out of every 3 customers doesn't love it. They do not see it as an improvement. I'm not sure, if it would be optionable, if it should be disabled or enabled by default, but I sure as hell would say that given 1 out of 3 doesn't love it, it should be optional. The Pandaria version at least does allow players from different realms to play together.
    It is 1/3rd of the people who care to even vote in a poll like this. The people who really don't care likely don't even vote so the number of people hating this feature is likely lower.

I would hope that no developer changes a feature because of just a minor percentage of people not liking a feature. A lot of the complaints are beyond silly too. And what is even more laughable is the suggestion to make certain parts more like GW2. GW2's Auction House is dead thanks to everything being too easily available. I much rather fight over nodes than being able to always get every single node to the point it means I can only sell everything to other players at cost price.

Currently I am leveling up a new character and I have zero issues with farming. Even if at a higher level it is harder to get certain materials you can still buy it at the AH. Maybe it is 'expensive' but old time players, which most of us likely are have and get enough gold to pay for the inflated prices without it truly being over the top.

Deleted
    Only times i find it very annoying is:
    Trying to get Spirit Beasts
    Trying to get TLPD
    Trying to get Salty title (BB fishing contest, got the achi now tho)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I don't get the "it's a MMO" argument. An MMO in my book would encourage people to play together instead of introducing a feature which turns players into glorified NPCs to give the appearance of a vibrant world. There's an excellent idea in CRZ, but it just doesn't go further than "damn, there's two other people killing these boars" or having a cluster of basically anonymous 90s ganking the low levels going through the Dark Portal. Is an MMO seeing other people play the same game as you or a game which encourages people to play together; because right now WoW CRZ does one and not the other.
    How is this remotely any different from before the implementation of CRZ and when more people on one server were leveling up? It sounds like yet another complaint because of some having played a game like Guild Wars 2. For a normal quest I really don't need this benefit of everyone else around me helping me out. It makes me feel as if others are playing the game for me.

I think a lot of the complaints about CRZ don't have much to do with CRZ itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    And screws up the economy that is already screwed up. Seriously, I slowly levelled a character with herb/skinning in the past couple of months, and I made over 20k just by picking up herbs/leather in process and selling them at AH. Prices on non-MoP stuff are ridiculously high.
    Doesn't have anything to do with Cross-Realm zones. There are so many locations for herbs, mining and skinning.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    CRZ is a feature with hidden benefits. I like seeing other people, I like teaming up for the occassional pvp.
    But sadly it's very easy to miss such things, and instead bitch and moan because someone phased from another realm stole your mob.

DEY TUK UR MUBS

I don't get the "it's a MMO" argument. An MMO in my book would encourage people to play together instead of introducing a feature which turns players into glorified NPCs to give the appearance of a vibrant world. There's an excellent idea in CRZ, but it just doesn't go further than "damn, there's two other people killing these boars"
    Then why don't you party with them? Because you don't need to?
    Would it be better if mobs required two players?
    CRZ being optional makes no sense. And even those who enjoy a zone filled with players would disable it because it'd make their tasks EASIER.
    Also fun to imagine player A and B from the same realm, player B has CRZ disabled. They are not in a group. Player B gets attacked by Player C from another realm. Player A watches as player B fights an invisible enemy and dies.

So far I haven't seen a single person address that optional CRZ would lead to stupid events such as this.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yes, I have been harassed. But I say "LOL" at them, and they suddenly stop harassing me. I guess because they understand that I don't care, and their pitiful half assed sentences like "umadbro" don't hurt my feelings at all. So they stop.
    My guess is they weren't very skilled in harassing (if you can call it a skill) nor were using any physical violence. It is one thing being picked upon with words day after day on school (no /ignore available, only a silent drop / manual ignore which opens up the boundaries to trolls). It is something different being excluded in activities, having teachers who knowingly are "innocent" bystanders, and being beaten to pulp after school, with parents looking the other way, or the teachers doing nothing, etc. The incredibly mean threats are the subtle ones, the ones which refer with strong symbols only the victim is able to understand.

The chances of seeing those people is so insanely small, that it doesn;t rally matter.
    Depends on how much effort they want to put to harass. I already explained you the tools are.

Life gripped people into a bank isn't even greiefing or harassment. They probably didn't even bother to report you for it, because it really didn't matter. Callling someone Hitler really isn't a bannable offense either. I also doubt you were reported for it.
    The sheer amount of people I life gripped together with various angry reports (not all reacted like that) suggests I should've received various reports.

Given I was able to vote kick the person I called Hitler with social engineering (and then stayed in group as healer, idling) I am reasonably certain I managed to piss off the 4 fellows enough that they'd report me. And mind you, Blizzard doesn't real look at the context of behavior. Because I do have a warning on my account due to language after being trolled, and they didn't care about context, even when I pointed it out.

DO those people only have one person (you) on their friends list so they could keep track of you? To be honest, if a random person changed their name I wouldn't notice....
    That could work (requires one character), or social engineering.

Yes, I have said "Lets kick XXXXX guy because he is AFK or dying on purpose" then he bitches a little, gets kicked and then guess what? Probably nothing. Or maybe he whispers me crying. Who cares? You can literally just see the pink whisper and not read it. Just be happy you got a scumbag out of the group, and murder Deathwing or whatever you are doing. Stop bringing out exaggerated anecdotes/excuses to try to defend blatant whining.
    The point is that you have likely more enemies (and friends as well!) than you are able to realize.

I hate not being able to farm any Outland/Northrend mats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    [...]

CRZ being optional makes no sense. And even those who enjoy a zone filled with players would disable it because it'd make their tasks EASIER.
    Also fun to imagine player A and B from the same realm, player B has CRZ disabled. They are not in a group. Player B gets attacked by Player C from another realm. Player A watches as player B fights an invisible enemy and dies.
    I would imagine the CRZ being completely instanced and not some kind of world where you see some phasing and they can't see you. WTF, that's called stealth.

But optional doesn't necessarily mean some kind of on/off button. Or something you would be able to toggle in-game. You can think of optional a setting you need to flag in your account, or perhaps it depends per server.

It had no huge impact on my leveling experience. Maybe I got help from other players a bit more than I normally would, and maybe I was ganked a few more times by those braindead lvl90 assholes, but nothing special this time around.
    Mother pus bucket!

My guess is they weren't very skilled in harassing (if you can call it a skill) nor were using any physical violence. It is one thing being picked upon with words day after day on school (no /ignore available, only a silent drop / manual ignore which opens up the boundaries to trolls). It is something different being excluded in activities, having teachers who knowingly are "innocent" bystanders, and being beaten to pulp after school, with parents looking the other way, or the teachers doing nothing, etc. The incredibly mean threats are the subtle ones, the ones which refer with strong symbols only the victim is able to understand.

Depends on how much effort they want to put to harass. I already explained you the tools are.

The sheer amount of people I life gripped together with various angry reports (not all reacted like that) suggests I should've received various reports.

Given I was able to vote kick the person I called Hitler with social engineering (and then stayed in group as healer, idling) I am reasonably certain I managed to piss off the 4 fellows enough that they'd report me. And mind you, Blizzard doesn't real look at the context of behavior. Because I do have a warning on my account due to language after being trolled, and they didn't care about context, even when I pointed it out.

That could work (requires one character), or social engineering.

The point is that you have likely more enemies (and friends as well!) than you are able to realize.
    Why are you bringing up school bullies when we are talking about wow "bullies"?

People often say they will report, might (obviously) not, or life gripping people isn't against the rules (imagine not being in trouble for a legal action)'

So you have been in trouble for harassing someone? So that proves that reporting works. kthanks.

Yes, I have friends an enemies, what does this have to do with anything? Ignore the enemies and spend time with the friends. For someone to follow you around and stalk you and hunt for you and use detectiv skils to find out your new name, and then hunt you down and camp you using CRZ's you would have had to do something insanely messed up. 99% of "trolls" will go away if you just laugh at them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berolda View Post
    It is 1/3rd of the people who care to even vote in a poll like this. The people who really don't care likely don't even vote so the number of people hating this feature is likely lower.
    Oh, you're interested in bias. OK, here we go: the people who thoroughly hate CRZ already quit WoW in the past months. Many people don't even discuss CRZ on a site like this. Heck, the amount of time we spend to READ this topic is for some people the same amount of time they LEVEL their character in WoW for a whole MONTH! The bias goes both ways.

I would hope that no developer changes a feature because of just a minor percentage of people not liking a feature. A lot of the complaints are beyond silly too. And what is even more laughable is the suggestion to make certain parts more like GW2.
    Its even more funny you think just because some is saying "game X does A, B, C better" that person means feature "D" as well.

GW2's Auction House is dead thanks to everything being too easily available.
    Yes, and I could've told you this outcome a few days after Diablo 3 release (15 may 2012). As you're aware, GW2 was released 28 august 2012.

I much rather fight over nodes than being able to always get every single node to the point it means I can only sell everything to other players at cost price.
    The GW2 AH has more features which add to convenience. Able to sell from bag to put on AH from anywhere in world (not able to pick up profit tho). Able to complete buy orders. Auto undercut (a feature WoW armory has, but WoW itself does not w/o addons).

Currently I am leveling up a new character and I have zero issues with farming. Even if at a higher level it is harder to get certain materials you can still buy it at the AH. Maybe it is 'expensive' but old time players, which most of us likely are have and get enough gold to pay for the inflated prices without it truly being over the top.
    Well the main complaint is about low pop realms which have increased competition but decreased demand for mats. Which matters since many are self reliant on low pop realms (there's hardly anyone to cooperate with!)

This poll is far from accurate, it claims I have voted and yet I have not yet. Despise CRZ, but know Blizzard will pay dearly for it with their next MMO. Couple that to arbitrary bans of their players. I'm glad people like Jay Wilson are gone from Diablo III. Can Xanzul / Rygarius and deal with Ghostcrawler and maybe the players will forgive them.

Maybe.

I wont though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why are you bringing up school bullies when we are talking about wow "bullies"?
    Why do you assume the bullies are merely in-game? Why do you assume it is only words? You never understood the part about subtlety I wrote on relation to bullying, did you?

People often say they will report, might (obviously) not, or life gripping people isn't against the rules (imagine not being in trouble for a legal action)'
    Yeah, I get that, but if 20 people tell they will do X out of anger, the chance some of them doing it is rather high don't you think? You can also tell by the way someone says something what their intention is.

So you have been in trouble for harassing someone? So that proves that reporting works. kthanks.
    Wouldn't call it trouble, and given the signal-to-noise ratio the reason I got a warning is for one word: dick. That's it. IMO much less bad than many, many of the other examples I said as well as the ones I have not shared.

Yes, I have friends an enemies, what does this have to do with anything? Ignore the enemies and spend time with the friends. For someone to follow you around and stalk you and hunt for you and use detectiv skils to find out your new name, and then hunt you down and camp you using CRZ's you would have had to do something insanely messed up. 99% of "trolls" will go away if you just laugh at them.
    Until you really do get harassed instead of an innocent troll. You know, the psychopath type. The ex-boyfriend. You left their realm. You forgot about them. And then suddenly... it'd be a multiplayer game where everyone meets everyone, they said. It would be fun, they said...

Putting words in your mouth.. you argue that sharing mobs for quests is frustrating. Now I haven't played GW2, but unless everything is somehow shared (no xp penalty?) then sure. If that's the case GW2 has an environment that can't impede your questing due to other players...

So the only issue is that CRZ, by making zones more alive, may slow down your leveling. So far I can't see anything that says anything other than you want to play singleplayer, where there's no competition in the world. No conflict.

How boring
    That's exactly how GW2 is actually, you don't get any less for having multiple people kill a mob then you would alone and anyone who tags it gets credit and their own loot. The bigger thing is there is just enough out in the world that requires, is made more easily doable with groups that it's fun to see other people. I shouldn't be competing against people on my faction, that kind of is a silly concept. And it really doesn't make the world feel more alive. Even with CRZ I rarely encounter other people and when I have it's been when I'm just farming mats on one of my high level characters and they were farming the same maps. When I have seen them on my alts while leveling they might have well be NPCs, their presence did nothing to make the world more interesting or "more alive." They might as well have been NPCs.

And to you, honestly stupid, comment about wanting a single player game, no that's not what I want. I want meaningful interaction out in the world. I want grouping to be fun and beneficial. Obviously it'd be hard to completly redo how leveling works, but at least having group quests and adding some mini-boss like mobs to most if not all of the lower level zones would be a huge step in the right direction.

Deleted
    But: Inability to Ignore players - Like the report feature, can't even ignore whispers from people doing the harassment. Again, unacceptable.
    You can actually ignore people from other servers, but sometimes it takes a few tries before it works. You can even ignore people from other servers that you've never met... just /ignore Character-Server (works with befriending too). I also think you can report them, too, but not 100% sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    CRZ needs to go away, group quest need to return and LFD and LFR need to be scrapped, that's the only way guilds will be on the rise again and wow will become a more social game.

When you get in a LFD or LFR do you talk to anyone?......no, you just mash buttons, grab loot and run...ya that's social.

Why do you assume the bullies are merely in-game? Why do you assume it is only words? You never understood the part about subtlety I wrote on relation to bullying, did you?

Yeah, I get that, but if 20 people tell they will do X out of anger, the chance some of them doing it is rather high don't you think? You can also tell by the way someone says something what their intention is.

Wouldn't call it trouble, and given the signal-to-noise ratio the reason I got a warning is for one word: dick. That's it. IMO much less bad than many, many of the other examples I said as well as the ones I have not shared.

Until you really do get harassed instead of an innocent troll. You know, the psychopath type. The ex-boyfriend. You left their realm. You forgot about them. And then suddenly... it'd be a multiplayer game where everyone meets everyone, they said. It would be fun, they said...
    This topic is not about real life bullies, stop bring them up. If you are being bullies by someone in real life, you should handle that issue, it has nothing to do with CRZ's.

Also, no, life gripping people and them saying blah blah blha is meaningless. Its not a bannable offense at all.....Again, the ridiculous low chances of you meeting your ex boyfriend and both of you know who the other was.. you could also just ignore them.

The real life anecdotes are really getting old. They are straw mans and only work to earn sympathy. They have nothing to do with CRZs.

Deleted
    Its also shit in SWTOR. And TSW. And TERA. But if I remember there was resource sharing in TERA. Either that or quick respawns.

Now I haven't played GW2, but unless everything is somehow shared (no xp penalty?) then sure. If that's the case GW2 has an environment that can't impede your questing due to other players...
    Mobs scale on proximity, and indeed there is a dynamic quest log based on proximity (hearts and DE). Hearts are quests which you can complete. Each heart can be completed in various ways: kill 10 rats, or find 10 mushrooms, or .. you name it.

[...]
    How boring
    Why compete, when the greater goal is Evil. As for boring, its action-based MMORPG, much more action-based than WoW. Which means the combat is more based on dexterity and ad-hoc rotation (requires knowing your class). You can compare it a little bit with Diablo 3 in that regard. You know what my main complaint was about Diablo 3? I generally liked the gameplay... but the lack of content... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Zone scaling like gw2 would fix the problem. I love crz because it does what it is ment to. Make it an mmo. And no I never gank low levels. 5.2 they are adding bg scaling so it shows they have the tech to do it.
    It does what it is meant to do, but also does what it doesnt mean to do and also does what alot of people dont want to do. Yes, you get more people per zone, but with phasing you still dont meet most of them, cant trade with them, cant quest with them next day etc, but you also get more CRZ gankers, who dont need to be afraid of retribution from most people they meet, it also prevents BIG events from happening. Yea, those epic 50v50 battles or other RP events? not gonna happen with CRZ. Hunting rare pets, battle pets or rare mobs? insanity. You think TLPD was bad before? try him now. Scourged whelping? you got one chance after realm restarts, otherwise no luck, Gurubashi? 50 people for chest etc. It artifically increases any stuff you want to do in the old world.