Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Someone here asked for diablo 2 1080p. Here it is:

http://www.fenixstarsolutions.com/20...hi-res-for-pc/
    I'll quote the page you linked to show you why it's not a solution.

Just a side note this trick only works in single player. So playing across a LAN connection or on Battle.net will not work. And trying to play across Battle.Net will end up getting your account banned, so please do not try it. I accept no responsibility for your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I know what it is but I fail to see how it applies in here. I would suggest you avoid watching the big bang theory though. They use broad concepts like that and fail to educate their audiences on proper usage.
    Okay, I'll explain slowly so that you can understand. Reread your post carefully. Specifically this part:

"I have this power it causes me to black out" (and lets me shoot red beams out of my hand I might add)

NOOOOOOOOOO YOU DON'T SAY?!?!?!?! I wonder what that could be? What a TWIST M. NIGHT!

Now watch the magic happen:

"I am gloomy and ugly and when I appear, demons pop up everywhere! I also hide my face and I'm obviously not hiding anything under my huge cloak!
    NOOOOOOOOOO YOU DON'T SAY?!?!?!?! I wonder what that could be? What a TWIST M. NIGHT!

You argue against D3 story by making it appear to sound ridiculous through the use of language. The exact same thing can be done to D2. You haven't proven anything, except what I've been saying from the beginning: you are desperately trying to turn your OPINION into a "fact", using fallacies, even insults.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Go to YouTube and watch the full D2+LoD story cinematic and then do the same for D3, while you are obviously free to think they are equal or even that D3 is superior, I just can't see why anyone would think that it's even close to the same standard of story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Go to YouTube and watch the full D2+LoD story cinematic and then do the same for D3, while you are obviously free to think they are equal or even that D3 is superior, I just can't see why anyone would think that it's even close to the same standard of story telling.
    I understand that the game lacks a GRAND story.

What I don't get.. is how that affects gameplay? Now, I can see maybe if it's your first time through.. yeah, it might be WTF. I know it was for me. Though, once you hit Inferno, WHAT STORY?

The only reason why anyone went into the Tower in D2 is runes. Only reason people killed Radament is skill book. Outside of doing it for those reasons, there was never a reason to visit them again, unless you like to kill Radament for fun. It was mainly Baal runs, Pindle runs, Anya runs, Travs and Mephisto, then Cow runs.

I mean, for reals, are we talking about the same game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Honestly, it was hard to read that. So little content for so many words. Even the blurbs on the side were basically expanded titles for its section.

They arent prepared to really tweak D3 until an expansion, if ever. Their goal is an illusion of content, and it's working.

Patch 1.08 will feature more chat channels, but not before Blizz writes up a 300 word essay on their 'design philosophy' of internet chat rooms and why 3 is a bigger number than 1.

Yea, I got to the end and said "what?"
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I understand that the game lacks a GRAND story.

What I don't get.. is how that affects gameplay? Now, I can see maybe if it's your first time through.. yeah, it might be WTF. I know it was for me. Though, once you hit Inferno, WHAT STORY?

The only reason why anyone went into the Tower in D2 is runes. Only reason people killed Radament is skill book. Outside of doing it for those reasons, there was never a reason to visit them again, unless you like to kill Radament for fun. It was mainly Baal runs, Pindle runs, Anya runs, Travs and Mephisto, then Cow runs.

I mean, for reals, are we talking about the same game?
    I never said it mattered, the discussion has gone on and on and on about the story and if A is better than B, I simply gave my input on that subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Okay, I'll explain slowly so that you can understand. Reread your post carefully. Specifically this part:

"I have this power it causes me to black out" (and lets me shoot red beams out of my hand I might add)

Now watch the magic happen:

"I am gloomy and ugly and when I appear, demons pop up everywhere! I also hide my face and I'm obviously not hiding anything under my huge cloak!

You argue against D3 story by making it appear to sound ridiculous through the use of language. The exact same thing can be done to D2. You haven't proven anything, except what I've been saying from the beginning: you are desperately trying to turn your OPINION into a "fact", using fallacies, even insults.
    Except the dark wanderer never actually says that. Leia LITERALLY SAYS WHAT I QUOTED about having a power and blacking out. I didn't make it up. It was actually quite a vivid quote in my memory because it gives away the entire game in like the first act. Check it out ILL GO SLOW FOR YOU because apparently these concepts are hard for you to grasp. You are making shit up. I'm quoting the games shitty writing. Your pathetic attempts to defend this trash REEK of desperation but somehow you have the nerve to say I'm the desperate one. Your caricaturing d2, and a wholly inaccurate caricature at that. I don't need to caricature d3. The writing is already bad enough. Since you seem to be fond of latin I would say it's res judicata (a case already settled) but somehow I doubt your defense of this trash will end.

I hope that wasn't to complicated for you. Maybe you should expose your art major friends to both stories and have them shame you and tell you why your fucking wrong. In fact if this discussion is to complicated have them come in and argue instead. Your pathetic and desperate attempts to defend this game are ridiculous and I would much rather debate someone with taste. Although if their your friends I kinda have to wonder about the whole taste thing. Maybe they're slumming it?

This thread is tiring. The usual fan boys defend everything. Then accuse me of insulting of them when their posts are littered with insults veiled or otherwise. Pathetic and fucking sad. No wonder this game is trash. If your the people it's made for.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-01-21 at 07:46 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

It doesn't give up the entire game. You are "hinted" she's Diablo just like you were "hinted" in D2 who the guy with a soulstone in his forehead was from the first cinematic but in both games you don't know how the story will turn out. The story is silly in all the series and majority of the lore was actually built after D2 to make some sense (check the date of the books they released for example). But in both games there are many more aspects to the story than which body was Diablo's crib.

This thread is tiring. The usual fan boys defend everything. Then accuse me of insulting of them when their posts are littered with insults veiled or otherwise. Pathetic and fucking sad. No wonder this game is trash. If your the people it's made for.
    This coming from His Holiness The White Champion of SW:ToR no less...
    Last edited by abijax; 2013-01-21 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You can pretend any build is viable all you want,
    So it's not. Great that we agree.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    So it's not. Great that we agree.
    In terms of HC god no like okay if you wanna die like a madman then by all means try all you want in terms of D2 wise

D3 is actually more more painful due to the affix through out elites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    It doesn't give up the entire game. You are "hinted" she's Diablo just like you were "hinted" in D2 who the guy with a soulstone in his forehead was from the first cinematic but in both games you don't know how the story will turn out. The story is silly in all the series and majority of the lore was actually built after D2 to make some sense (check the date of the books they released for example). But in both games there are many more aspects to the story than which body was Diablo's crib.

Saying your hinted is a clever euphemism. It's like being hit in the face with a pie and then saying you have a feeling something is amiss. It's a tad bit more than a hint I'm afraid. They fucking give it away to you in the first act and you'd have to be a blind not to see it. If it wasn't obvious to you then I don't know what to say. Maybe get out and read more books. For any grown up person with even a remote familiarity in the universe it should be as plain as the nose on your face.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Saying your hinted is a clever euphemism. It's like being hit in the face with a pie and then saying you have a feeling something is amiss. It's a tad bit more than a hint I'm afraid. They fucking give it away to you in the first act and you'd have to be a blind not to see it. If it wasn't obvious to you then I don't know what to say. Maybe get out and read more books. For any grown up person with even a remote familiarity in the universe it should be as plain as the nose on your face.
    I thought she was a direct rip of Imoen from Baldur's Gate 2 myself.

Talking about story in D3 as anything but disappointment I don't see it. There are a few strong elements but those get crushed by the rest of the story that is unbelievably bad. You end up with the feeling that D3 story could have been great, but the good bits got mixed with such a trash the end result is pretty bad.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Talking about story in D3 as anything but disappointment I don't see it. There are a few strong elements but those get crushed by the rest of the story that is unbelievably bad. You end up with the feeling that D3 story could have been great, but the good bits got mixed with such a trash the end result is pretty bad.
    Metzen wrote it what do you expect... be happy thrall didnt show up from somewhere riding deathwing and throwing lightning bolts left and right

And in D2 is shown in the intro movie. Yes it's really obvious in both cases that's why I used quotation marks around the word. It's something you're supposed to know in the story and anticipate how it will be resolved later on not the plot twist.
    As for going out and reading more books... don't read children books as an adult and expect to be satisfied intellectually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    And in D2 is shown in the intro movie. Yes it's really obvious in both cases that's why I used quotation marks around the word. It's something you're supposed to know in the story and anticipate how it will be resolved later on not the plot twist.
    As for going out and reading more books... don't read children books as an adult and expect to be satisfied intellectually.
    Not really. How are you supposed to know? All you get is that hes a wanderer. You don't even really get that. See the difference between d2,d1 and d3 is that much more is left to your imagination. Theirs a subtlety that's lost when leia says "I have this power". It's so much more obvious, blunt and in the face then the opening d2 cut scene. It's so much more FORCED.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I agree with this statement. Though, to be honest, the game in its entirety is half-cooked. Blizzard rushed it, and they know it. I don't honestly think they said internally, yeah this is masterpiece. Only a fool would think the launch was success.

The game is greatand will be get better, but the real question is, will people judge it from launch or as it is now. I don't think people give it a fair go anymore. Which is understandable, but regrettable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I agree with this statement. Though, to be honest, the game in its entirety is half-cooked. Blizzard rushed it, and they know it. I don't honestly think they said internally, yeah this is masterpiece. Only a fool would think the launch was success.

The game is greatand will be get better, but the real question is, will people judge it from launch or as it is now. I don't think people give it a fair go anymore. Which is understandable, but regrettable.
    I think I'm probably one of the most ardent critics of the game. I'll give it another try why the hell not? I already bough the thing. Honestly it depends man. Have to give them SOME credit, they have made some moves to address issues. Has it been all that I'd like to see? No. Has it been close to that? No. Have they continued to support the product for free? Yes and my judgement about whether or not to come back will be based on how much more they support the product. You and I can disagree on alot about the game but I think fundamentally all of us want to see the game improve. All of us want to play a good diablo game. We may disagree on what exactly that means and that's fine. I'm a firm believer in the captain picard principle that we are made stronger because of differences not in spite of them.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-01-21 at 06:27 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Not really. How are you supposed to know? All you get is that hes a wanderer. You don't even really get that. See the difference between d2,d1 and d3 is that much more is left to your imagination. Theirs a subtlety that's lost when leia says "I have this power". It's so much more obvious, blunt and in the face then the opening d2 cut scene. It's so much more FORCED.
    When he enters the inn where he finds Marius, demons attacked it. Than later on in Act 3 at the start you encounter him as the player and after he vanished demons spawn and attack you. That are quite strong hints.

And Leia says she has powers, that doesn't have to imply nothing more than she has also awakened her birthright (just like you, the player) but simple can't control it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    When he enters the inn where he finds Marius, demons attacked it. Than later on in Act 3 at the start you encounter him as the player and after he vanished demons spawn and attack you. That are quite strong hints.

And Leia says she has powers, that doesn't have to imply nothing more than she has also awakened her birthright (just like you, the player) but simple can't control it.
    She has powers and shoots red beams out of her hand. Those are FAR greater hints and I would add FORCED hints than demons come and the guy is wandering. It's difference between seeing it in a cutscene and the protagonist TELLING YOU I'm diablo. In fact just like the rest of the game, the writing presumes I'm a moron and I can't figure anything out. It all has to be told to me. Just like the villains telling you THEIR EVERY MOVE like cheesy james bonds villains from the 60s. Do you expect me to talk Magdha? No Mr.Barbarian I expect you to die!
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-01-21 at 06:30 PM.
    The hammer comes down: