Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I got an EU key right now (yaaay). Altough It seems I have a trion account on my email already, but I don't know what the password is and I've tried everything. (too late for this event though) "sadface"
    I put in my key and got an invite an hour or so later. Mind you I'm US and not EU, but maybe you'll have the same luck. Have you tried "I forgot my password" by chance?

However the shadow wars pvp was about to start and it kicked me offline and is telling me the service isn't available, so I'm not too sure what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Got my invite now, make sure your updater is set to the correct region (mine was NA as default).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I input the code into Apply Code, but it's been around 30mins and I haven't gotten an email from them yet on how to download. Someone said it may be an hour or more? Guess I can't do anything but wait and see.

It was about 4 hours for me to get the download email.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It was about 4 hours for me to get the download email.
    I don't think it's automated after entering a code it was the same for their other betas probably some timed maintenance program that does it or some guy drinking Red Bull's at the PC validating them all weekend

Deleted
    I can't login to the site :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking foward to hear whats their plan regarding the model it will have, B2P or Subscription based.
    It is one of the two mmos im anticipating this year, along with Neverwinter , coming from Trion i except nothing short of a solid game with Defiance =)

Reminder to people in the thread, anyone in the beta is under NDA at the moment, so let's respect it : )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Looking foward to hear whats their plan regarding the model it will have, B2P or Subscription based.
    It is one of the two mmos im anticipating this year, along with Neverwinter , coming from Trion i except nothing short of a solid game with Defiance =)
    It will be f2p, dont know if they will have premium accounts or something like that but I think they were strict about f2p meaning not p2win so perhaps soon there will be more info on the model

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I think they were strict about f2p meaning not p2win
    The fact that this still needs to be said about major MMO's using the F2P model is disappointing to me : (

And I don't think they've detailed a business model for it yet, have they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The fact that this still needs to be said about major MMO's using the F2P model is disappointing to me : (

They have not. I'm more inclined to think it will be b2p with a cash shop since it's also going to release on XBOX and PS3.

I wonder how many people can actually name some pay to win MMOs...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

How many MMOs that have released in the last three years started as subscription based and then turned free to play? I'm pretty sure the number is really high. Subscription based games are a dying breed.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I wonder how many people can actually name some pay to win MMOs...
    Shaiya
    Perfect world
    forsaken world
    Anything made by aeria games

Need I go on?

This game looks epic.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Shaiya
    Perfect world
    forsaken world

Need I go on?

This game looks epic.
    I suppose I should have been more specific.

I wonder how many people who constantly bitch about any and every announcement of a new MMO being free to play (or an older MMO converting free to play) possibly being pay to win actually knows of any pay to win MMOs.

Much less actually played any.

Couldn't even download this thing. Email confirmation came in, Trion website would not let me sign the TOS. Made a thread in the official forums. Was deleted after 1 post.

Screw it. Don't care about this game anymore.

Get your shit together, Trion.

It seems the game will be B2P at least, it's available for pre-order for $60.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How many MMOs that have released in the last three years started as subscription based and then turned free to play? I'm pretty sure the number is really high. Subscription based games are a dying breed.
    For major titles, all but Rift. The small niche titles like Perpetuum maintain their subscriptions as they function with an extremely small playerbase (tens of thousands of subscribers max).

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Shaiya
    Perfect world
    forsaken world

Need I go on?

This game looks epic.
    Pretty much everything coming our of Aeria Games, Gpotato, and Perfect World Entertainment (minus Cryptics games) is going to be borderline or blatantly P2W. If you look, most of the games are old, and many don't even last too long (Prius Online, and there were a few other recent closures). These games aren't big title games, but they're the shitty generic imports I that are the remainder of the last generation of F2P MMO's.

How about for bigger budget games? I.e. the games that are soon launching (Firefall, PoE, Neverwinter ect.) have no indicated that there would be any P2W elements (We know Firefalls cash shop already, and we mostly know what PoE's cash shop will hold), or games that have made the transition (DCUO, Tera, TSW ect.) have not been using this model because it's not a financially viable model for a game striving for a large playerbase.

REDIT!!!!:

http://defiance.com/en/pre-order/digital-editions/

It does look like it will be B2P with some form of optional subscription(s). Coolio.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-21 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill probably be buying a digital standard edition, the digital deluxe seems a bit steep for me.

I'd hold of pre-ordering the game unless you've already tried & liked it.