Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Edited out stuff that doesn't apply to me, but there is something lacking for sure in SL that was there in old Rift, something that kept me playing for more than 15 minutes every few days.

Yes, I've been logging in maybe twice a week or less. =/ And not for very long, either.
    With a few more patches i hink it shall become a hell of a lot more interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Yup I feel the same. WTB a new conquest map too I don't want to run the old Stillmoore one, that's so 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Yeah pretty much this. I think once the end game zones get fleshed out more it will be a lot better.

I have started to get bored with the grindy nature (having to watch for events to farm Infinity Stones), but to be fair my guild also had a schism and had to rebuild, so raiding is on hold and that might be a big factor into why I'm bored currently. I just think I'm getting tired of the WoW-style "force you to grind things out so you keep playing" style of game; it's getting to be too much of a time investment for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I have started to get bored with the grindy nature (having to watch for events to farm Infinity Stones), but to be fair my guild also had a schism and had to rebuild, so raiding is on hold and that might be a big factor into why I'm bored currently. I just think I'm getting tired of the WoW-style "force you to grind things out so you keep playing" style of game; it's getting to be too much of a time investment for me.
    That's just how MMOs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Never have they made a guild more helpful for the grind then now. It was always, If you want to succeed in dungeons/raids get a guild to go with. That still applies, but the zone events you speak of, with a guild they are easier and less grindy. With a lot of people doing their own thing, someone in the guild will inevitably be at the zone event and will drop a banner. And at the next event someone else will do the same thing. Make it at least 95% less grindy and I barely pay attention to them anymore because I know a banner will be dropped on the boss.... well except for volan - he gets my unwavering attention.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Never have they made a guild more helpful for the grind then now. It was always, If you want to succeed in dungeons/raids get a guild to go with. That still applies, but the zone events you speak of, with a guild they are easier and less grindy. With a lot of people doing their own thing, someone in the guild will inevitably be at the zone event and will drop a banner. And at the next event someone else will do the same thing. Make it at least 95% less grindy and I barely pay attention to them anymore because I know a banner will be dropped on the boss.... well except for volan - he gets my unwavering attention.
    Why count on a guildy to drop a banner though. Much better way to do it:

See zone Event start
    Manually join IA for that zone
    get teleported and be in a group whose objective is clearing the zone event
    finish zone event
    drop group and get teleported back to wherever you were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Why count on a guildy to drop a banner though. Much better way to do it:

See zone Event start
    Manually join IA for that zone
    get teleported and be in a group whose objective is clearing the zone event
    finish zone event
    drop group and get teleported back to wherever you were.
    Exploit1!!!!111one. Oh wait great idea clever use of ingame mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding it a bit boring, i enjoyed doing things such as instant adventuring, conquest, warfronts at 50 and i've tried them at 60 and they all feel different somehow.

I tried conquest and i don't know what's changed with that map but it just feels like I'm constantly taking extractors rather than pvping I can remember huge battles between nightfall and oath at 50, now everyone splits up into 2-5 smaller groups, nightfall used to do the train of death while oath captured extractors/ took bosses now they all feel the same and there is very few mass battles>.<

Also the pvp gear is just so weak compared to the pve gear, it's much more effective to just use pve gear in warfronts. What's the point of grinding all those warfronts/ conquest battles when the gear i get is practically useless? I have green leveling gear that gives more stats than the blue pvp gear >.<

Then there is pve, i got 60 looked at the gear vendors and just imagined how much grinding i would need to do in order to get to the same level as other players and it really puts me off wanting to do anything.

Since hitting 60 I've pretty much devoted the majority of my time leveling professions and furnishing my dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm finding it a bit boring, i enjoyed doing things such as instant adventuring, conquest, warfronts at 50 and i've tried them at 60 and they all feel different somehow.

I tried conquest and i don't know what's changed with that map but it just feels like I'm constantly taking extractors rather than pvping I can remember huge battles between nightfall and oath at 50, now everyone splits up into 2-5 smaller groups, nightfall used to do the train of death while oath captured extractors/ took bosses now they all feel the same and there is very few mass battles>.<

Also the pvp gear is just so weak compared to the pve gear, it's much more effective to just use pve gear in warfronts. What's the point of grinding all those warfronts/ conquest battles when the gear i get is practically useless? I have green leveling gear that gives more stats than the blue pvp gear >.<

Then there is pve, i got 60 looked at the gear vendors and just imagined how much grinding i would need to do in order to get to the same level as other players and it really puts me off wanting to do anything.

Since hitting 60 I've pretty much devoted the majority of my time leveling professions and furnishing my dimension
    I have not done much PvP so can't really comment there, I can however on the PvE gear. Yes, those vendors are daunting, however, the vast majority of what they sell is crap. Rather than spend 1000's of IS on gear, spend a little plat, get crafted Helm, Belt and Rings. This should get you Expert ready. Run Experts and just get the 4pc, not upgraded set, from Expert Vendor. At some point you may want to pick up the IS weapon for the set bonus if the matching piece drops, it requires 2 upgrades though and costs around 600 IS total to get it completely upgraded. Save you IS for BiS Cape once you have rep, Lessers and Synergy Crystals. You can even use the PvP gear to get the 4pc. Once you have that fairly easy to obtain 4pc you can raid and work on the 2pc Raid set, which can now be obtained by upgrading raid drops with expert marks. Basically, the Adventure Dealer and World Gear merchants can and should be entirely looked over, that eases the grind by a huge margin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

If you join a WF in pve gear, it gets replaced with the lowest pvp set

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing a lot lately. Level 53 and I haven't been bored with leveling yet. Always something different to do. Rifts, Carnage, Dungeons, IAs, etc.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Exploit1!!!!111one. Oh wait great idea clever use of ingame mechanics.
    Never thought of doing it? Fancy extra amount of experience and currencies.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water