I'm playing FSN right now, it hurts because I miss my husbando. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Just finished watching Strawberry Panic. Not only was it one of the most adorable, heart-warming, and pure shows I've ever watched but I don't think I will ever see a show with that amount of yuri again. It's just not possible. (Unless you can disprove that now)

The ending felt perfect to me also, pretty much everything was resolved and it solved itself in such a great way.
    Can always watch Simoun.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Which route are you in so far?
    Going for Fate first, I eventually wanna go for them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Little Busters This episode was epic win. I mean, all-"girl" sleepover? The fanservice was nice, too. Not too much, not too little. Most powerful was the moe-service though... I mean, Trap!Riki... so alluring >.<
    Pics:
    Traptastic
    Lolispanking
    Haha, my exact same thoughts, epic win episode, lol at the whole Kyousuke ordeal aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Just finished Seiken no Blacksmith. Recommended for people who enjoy the medieval sword-magic kinda thingy.
    *Adds it to list*

Soooooooo I just watched ALL the episodes from the past 3 days so bear with me.

Vividred Operation - I like where this is going, random appearance of the villain though, dunno who it is yet. Also the whole "Docking" is kind of strange, but meh, it looked interesting enough lol.

Mondaiji-tachi - Headphones guy is a badass, other girl's power seems really cool. Getting powers from animals you befriend, walking in the air, awesome. Last chick's power just seems like an overpowered version of Lelouch's Geass, which was allready broken as hell.

Maoyuu - What's up with that Hero, seriously, a kiss on the forehead? Come on bro... I'd like to see a little bit more romance in the show, it's really slow paced after they "promised" to eachother.

Sasami san - So Sasami is Amaterasu, or is her brother Amaterasu? I still don't really get what's going on lol.

Oreshura - Well the easiest way I can say my thoughts on this is: "Boy, that escalated quickly." Don't these kind of twists happen somewhere mid-way or at the near end of the anime? Dayum that was fast. And by twist I mean that she went all "You're an idiot" "Are you really okay with this" on the MC

Ixion Saga DT - Yo dawg I heard you like castles, so we put a moving castle in our castle so you can be a princess while you're a princess.
    Really random episode, as expected from the show. Obligatory plot twist that makes Kon go with the rest of the group lol.
    Preview looked really humorous with the fake-moustache + fake nose + glasses wearing Incognito member.

Edit: Almost forgot, love the Dragonball Z reference in Oreshura lol. "What's my power level" <(-_◕<)
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-01-21 at 01:05 PM.

anyone familiiar with tsubasa reservoir chronicle anime and manga?
    I've watched the anime + ovas. I know season 2 was mostly filler.
    the ovas picked it up decently though. You miss Fay's story from the ovas.
    so where i'm getting to is: where do i pick up the manga after the ovas? do I really miss a lot skipping the other chapters in the manga (Fay's story)? if so what volumes/chapters are fay's story and anything else that I should read? Do I really need those or can I just pick up at the end of the ovas? and what volume/chapter is that?
    Last edited by bals; 2013-01-21 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Random raging below* Reading it'll probably make you as mad as it makes me so you don't have to bother.

Trying to get my friend to watch shows has to be the most annoying thing I've done in my life. He loves anime, but he's only seen ~10 shows and thinks he "knows all there is to know about anime". Not only does he get bored if there isn't something happening in the first 2-3 minutes of a show, but he can't help but pointing out everything (especially basic dues ex's like "why didn't she just do that") or making a joke out of something which diminishes the entire point of the scene he's making fun of. He also has a habit of texting half the show. Then I have another friend who's even worse (yeah, both in the same room.. it's awful) who has seen far more anime then I have (5-6 months worth) and because he's seen anime so much if he's watching a show again he makes fun of it the entire way through, even if it's serious, ruining it for others watching it for the first time. He'll also argue to hell about things like how this anime was boring and this anime was so much better.

I don't even know why I bother. I try and get one into anime, or watch a show with another, and it gives me such a massive headache by the end of it. I just want to give up (not after throwing something at them though). I should just only ever watch anime by myself and never with anyone else.. it'd be so much more relaxing and not drive me insane.

Yeah, I'm mad.

Writing the above makes me feel awful, but I just had to.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    anyone familiiar with tsubasa reservoir chronicle anime and manga?
    I've watched the anime + ovas. I know season 2 was mostly filler.
    the ovas picked it up decently though. You miss Fay's story from the ovas.
    so where i'm getting to is: where do i pick up the manga after the ovas? do I really miss a lot skipping the other chapters in the manga (Fay's story)? if so what volumes/chapters are fay's story and anything else that I should read? Do I really need those or can I just pick up at the end of the ovas? and what volume/chapter is that?
    i had the same problem too but i just started from the beginning of the manga as it is great anyway :X
    i still hope they will make a remake of the anime like they did for hunter x hunter same goes for air gear too ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    I should just only ever watch anime by myself and never with anyone else.. it'd be so much more relaxing and not drive me insane.
    Yeah, I'm mad.

Yes. Yes you are. You know the correct answer but ignoring it.

Deleted
    Sup guys, just finished watching Katanagatari and i really loved it and i just found it by chance, hated the ending tho as it was not an ending i wanted.

The figthing track from that series is just too awesome ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNtzmOliIos

Zatheyll: You have to do like I did with one of my friends and lay down the law that the need to stop spoiling shit for you. Not even small hints etc. Took me actually getting legitimately angry at him a few times before he came around and now he finally makes sure to ask if I've seen something yet before talking about it.

As for your newbie friend -- a lot of people getting into anime act that way. I would suggest to just let it go for awhile. Give him suggestions on shows to watch on his own, and he will either come around and want to watch more shows that require actual attention, or he will stay a perpetual weeaboo only interested in shallow action shows like Bleach or Fairytail. Some people just have no interest in anime as an artistic medium, and only are in it for cheap laughs or entertainment gratification. Do try to stress to him though the "3 episode rule" and that most shows don't have a big reveal or scene until the midway point. That's how storytelling works.

Deleted
    Alot of text
    I'd only really watch shonen anime with my friends if I did watch with them, I don't really see the point in trying to get them to like more complicated anime or watch other stuff like slice of life etc. If there's one thing hard in life, it's trying to convince people to like anime/other types of anime.
    If I were you, I'd just go and watch shows on your own. But yeah this is my personal opinion, nothing else I can give you lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Random raging below* Reading it'll probably make you as mad as it makes me so you don't have to bother.

Trying to get my friend to watch shows has to be the most annoying thing I've done in my life. He loves anime, but he's only seen ~10 shows and thinks he "knows all there is to know about anime". Not only does he get bored if there isn't something happening in the first 2-3 minutes of a show, but he can't help but pointing out everything (especially basic dues ex's like "why didn't she just do that") or making a joke out of something which diminishes the entire point of the scene he's making fun of. He also has a habit of texting half the show. Then I have another friend who's even worse (yeah, both in the same room.. it's awful) who has seen far more anime then I have (5-6 months worth) and because he's seen anime so much if he's watching a show again he makes fun of it the entire way through, even if it's serious, ruining it for others watching it for the first time. He'll also argue to hell about things like how this anime was boring and this anime was so much better.

I don't even know why I bother. I try and get one into anime, or watch a show with another, and it gives me such a massive headache by the end of it. I just want to give up (not after throwing something at them though). I should just only ever watch anime by myself and never with anyone else.. it'd be so much more relaxing and not drive me insane.

Yeah, I'm mad.

Ooo I know those people.
    One in my school.

"I have a fuck ton of anime!"
    "What do you watch?"
    "Narutard!"
    "......."

Yeah, I'm mad.

Haha. If you are looking for company while watching anime you could always make a thread on /a/ and stream. I did that for Kara no Kyoukai and it's like going to the movies on the internet. Surprisingly enough everyone who came was nice and they came back each day until all the movies were finished. Some had seen it before and we asked them not to say any spoilers and they abided.

I've pretty much given up on trying to convince my friends to watch anime. Of the two that I've tried to get more into anime, the first one has pretty much only seen some of the super popular anime like Code Geass, Bleach, Death Note, FMA, ect and it doesn't help that he's generally averse to watching anime anyways. Part of the problem is just getting him to even try something so I don't even bother anymore.

The other friend is hyper critical of everything. He's more willing to watch anime and has a much broader horizon of what he's watched/will watch than the other friend, but he over analyzes everything he watches. If there's some kind of plot hole, unrealistic scene, or just something that's out of place in general, he doesn't like watching it. And it's not even big things, it can be something small and insignificant and it will bug him. So I no longer recommend him anime or try and get him to watch it because he either wont watch it or he'll bitch about something that happened in the anime lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    Yes. Yes you are. You know the correct answer but ignoring it.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    As for your newbie friend -- a lot of people getting into anime act that way. I would suggest to just let it go for awhile. Give him suggestions on shows to watch on his own, and he will either come around and want to watch more shows that require actual attention, or he will stay a perpetual weeaboo only interested in shallow action shows like Bleach or Fairytail. Some people just have no interest in anime as an artistic medium, and only are in it for cheap laughs or entertainment gratification. Do try to stress to him though the "3 episode rule" and that most shows don't have a big reveal or scene until the midway point. That's how storytelling works.
    I've gotten him to the point that there are some shows that he's watched on his own.

This is his MAL (which isn't absolutely awful). http://myanimelist.net/animelist/aviene

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ooo I know those people.
    One in my school.

"I have a fuck ton of anime!"
    "What do you watch?"
    "Narutard!"
    "......."
    He likes Naruto, but not as much as other shows he's watched. He can't stop talking about how awesome Demon King or Hagure Yuusha is, but he still calls Code Geass, Fate/Zero, and FMA the best one's he has seen.

I told a friend of mine to watch Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass since he's an "otaku", ofc he's never heard of those, and he's never heard of Madoka either.

His favorite anime are smart anime such as, FMA, and Death Note. Euhehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    As long as it's not Bleach, Naruto or One Piece, any favourite is fine to have :P Code Geass was my favourite when I first watched it, but back then it was my second series so it was easy to call it a favourite
    What's wrong with One Piece lol?

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 06:52 PM ----------

I have somebody I want to introduce to anime but I don't know where to start. I was thinking Madoka since it's nice and short and I also feel like rewatching it, but a lot of my friends told me that was a bad idea because the "weird art" and stuff might put him off anime all together.

What series do you think I should use as an introduction?
    Definitely not Madoka. What does your friend like watching?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I told a friend of mine to watch Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass since he's an "otaku", ofc he's never heard of those, and he's never heard of Madoka either.
    I got him to watch Psycho-Pass as it's airing too.

It's a lot easier to get him to watch shows as long as no one else is around other then me while we are watching, and his first impression is reasonable.

Madoka has to be the toughest but I got him to episode 3 and he seems happy with it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    He likes Naruto, but not as much as other shows he's watched. He can't stop talking about how awesome Demon King or Hagure Yuusha is, but he still calls Code Geass, Fate/Zero, and FMA the best one's he has seen.
    I don't understand those types of people... makes no sense saying you know a lot and not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have somebody I want to introduce to anime but I don't know where to start. I was thinking Madoka since it's nice and short and I also feel like rewatching it, but a lot of my friends told me that was a bad idea because the "weird art" and stuff might put him off anime all together.

What series do you think I should use as an introduction?
    Madoka would be a bad introduction.

I would say FMA if he likes comedy/action or Clannad if he likes Slice of Life. Strike Witches if he likes fanservice and likes/doesn't mind lolis. Fate/Zero would also be a great choice if he doesn't mind a slow start and likes story/action.