15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    There are electric heaters that use less power
    there are reactors that use less power
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Went back to my Propus 380 from my Ensis 320. Why? See picture below. Seemingly not an uncommon issue either.

Will most likely get a Corsair MM440 or another Propus unless someone can find a nice aluminum or no-friction mat/pad that's available for purchase. 2nd choice is a hard mouse pad with low friction (i.e. a sandpapered Propus or similar).

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that from your wrist or the mouse?

I like my XTRAC PADS Ripper 11"x17"
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account
    nah, i only have one because i have a black desk and don't want to fade / wear the paint like Marest's pad

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Went back to my Propus 380 from my Ensis 320. Why? See picture below. Seemingly not an uncommon issue either.

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bk7gK0vl.jpg[/IMG]

Will most likely get a Corsair MM440 or another Propus unless someone can find a nice aluminum or no-friction mat/pad that's available for purchase. 2nd choice is a hard mouse pad with low friction (i.e. a sandpapered Propus or similar).
    You should try finding an old-school Icemat.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Should I feel bad that I don't use a mousepad? The wood on my desk is very conducive to not having to use one hehe. (I usually do worse if attempting to use a mousepad, since when gaming, especially playing FPS my mouse goes freaking everywhere.
    I used to do that too. I had an old laminated wood desk that I scratched up to varying degrees with my finger nails.

The different patches of scratchiness were to give me different mouse sensitivities depending if I was sniping, turning a lot, etc.

Then I get a real mouse pad and realized it was 10x better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Is that from your wrist or the mouse?
    Mouse. With new feet (4 months old?). Which are ruined as well.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it kind of odd... the WotLK CE mousepad I've had since launch day of WotLK and used for the majority of that time (now at least 3+ years worth of use) seems to be shockingly resistant to any signs of wear.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I find it kind of odd... the WotLK CE mousepad I've had since launch day of WotLK and used for the majority of that time (now at least 3+ years worth of use) seems to be shockingly resistant to any signs of wear.
    I'm using a beat up mouse-mat with a Groucho Marx quote on it right now. Thinking about framing the WotLK mouse-mat.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm using a beat up mouse-mat with a Groucho Marx quote on it right now. Thinking about framing the WotLK mouse-mat.
    +10 Internet super points for Groucho Marx! I SALUTE YOU
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My kids killed mine. I got the steelseries starcraft one atm and it's holding up pretty good. I also tend to use the play mats from the CCG game there big can hold your keyboard and mouse along with other shit.

I'm using a Steelseries Qck and it is holding up well. I had a XTRAC Ripper before, and it was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my Samsung Galaxy Note II. It's a large fellow, indeed! 5.5"

Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    My Propus 380 is still almost as good as new. You can definitely see that it has been used regularly, but it still works and performs as it should. I do however prefer a non-friction mousemat over a low-friction, high precision one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Grats on that, I got mine pretty much right when they came out (Replaced some nameless phone that was 4 years old) and am loving it.
    Thank you! I love it already.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

AMD accuses former top employees of stealing over 100,000 documents
    Chip maker says the defendants gave trade secrets to their new employer, Nvidia.

AMD filed a complaint yesterday alleging that four of its former employees—one former vice-president and three former managers—transferred sensitive AMD documents before joining competing graphics chip maker Nvidia and then violated a “no-solicitation of employees” promise. The company alleges that Robert Feldstein, Manoo Desai, and Nicolas Kociuk collectively downloaded over 100,000 files onto external hard drives in the six months before leaving the company. All three and another manager, Richard Hagen, were accused of recruiting AMD employees after leaving for Nvidia.

The most senior person accused in AMD's complaint is Robert Feldstein, who was the vice president of strategic development at AMD until his departure for AMD's competitor. ZDnet notes that Feldstein "helped broker major contracts to see AMD technology launch in the next-generation range of games consoles, including the Xbox, PlayStation, and the Wii U, before he left for Nvidia.” In the complaint, AMD says that after Feldstein and Hagen left, they recruited Desai, who then recruited Kociuk “and perhaps additional AMD employees to leave AMD for competitor Nvidia.”

AMD says it forensically analyzed the former employees' computers and found additional evidence that “Desai and Kociuk conspired with each other to misappropriate AMD's confidential, proprietary, and/or trade secret information; and/or to intentionally access AMD's protected computers, without authorization and/or in a way that exceeded their authorized access.”

The chip maker asked for injunctive relief from the court in its complaint, hoping to recover the files which it says it has forensic evidence of the four defendants taking. It also filed a restraining order against the four employees, which was granted. The order requires Feldstein, Desai, and Kociuk to retain all of their AMD property and preserve all computers in their ownership for forensic evaluation. Mr. Hagen was only ordered to refrain from recruiting any more AMD employees.
    Source: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...000-documents/

If this is true...I honestly don't know what consequences there could be for nVidia and/or the former AMD executives.

Well, AMD was very clear that they are not attacking or putting any blame on nVidia.
    At least acc the SweC-article last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    i read about this earlier

they could press charges against the employees, but from a business standpoint that won't help, the damage has already been done

however, this does look bad on Nvidia, they should have denied the hire, and reported the employees to AMD, instead of keeping it quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    however, this does look bad on Nvidia, they should have denied the hire, and reported the employees to AMD, instead of keeping it quiet
    This isn't the first time nVidia has done sketchy things, so I wouldn't look too worried. When they can come up on stage and claim they're presenting a functional card, but it's held literally together by woodscrews, and most people apparently forgot about it or never knew of it...

Or tweaktown's parade on nVidia's practices during its introduction into how it obtained a sample GTX 680.

Then there was the nice lil' bomb when anonymous sources began leaking details about the kind of 'guidelines' nVidia provided after the voltage control lockdown happened, etc. Not being allowed to use the GK104 chips to make a single product superior to the GTX 690 and all. (Presumably it's now so close to the end of the cycle and Asus have been granted permission, given the new MARS card to come.)

They've had a whole lot of heap against them, moreso than AMD really ever had far as I've seen of it (do tell me if I'm wrong), but there's been no noticeable effect when no one outside of the 'diehard' crowd knows, and many of them will turn a blind eye to it because they're biased towards nVidia anyway, just as others are biased towards AMD.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2013-01-23 at 11:40 PM.