Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    She isn't a hypocrite. I don't see her as that. Inaction would be the greater crime.
    And? It doesn't matter she broke neutrality for a good reason, but she still broke it.

Debatable though maybe I'm being generous here.
    It is hinted in her short story the momen she is linked to the Val'kyr she feels a sisterhood.

That is assuming those pilgrims on Quel'danas had any part with Dalaran Purging. Too bad, it would of been a interesting thing to do. I mean I'd be upset at the Blood Elves but still would of felt that Quel'danas was alive again.
    Those Pilgrims are not members of the Silver covenant, I didn't say banish all high elves for eternity, only those from the Silver covenant and they are hardly all high elves.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    We need to know the correct order of the soundfiles, but the truce can be afterwards.
    You are right, but since Tharan Zhu yells them down in the beginning I guess they establish a truce and break it later on, only time will tell though.

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    first of all kudos to the MMOC community for some of the longer and well thought through posts (from both factions) about factions and ethics in this topic, they are a joy to read.

second, characterwise the purge is one of the best quests I ever played as an human warlock. For the first time in months (years?) I actually applied some (amateur) RP to questing. I set my character to walk in stead of running, calmly walking in the streets as the blood elfs run around screaming.

I enter the shop they told me to visit, the Blood Elf traitor is standing in the back. Does he know why I'm in his shop? it's pretty hard to miss what's going on out in the streets, he must suspect ..something.
    "are you the inkmaster?" I ask him, knowing very well that he is. There is a flicker in his eyes, hesitation, but all doubt about my intentions vanish as my demon charges towards and rows of sharp teeth start digging into him. I laugh at the pitiful elf before I set him on fire.

His futile resistance is boring me already, where is the fight? where is the begging for mercy? There's only whimpering with this godawful voice of his. heh, I take his pathetic life away with an incinerate. disappointing, this ink 'master'.

I look at my note.
    "Gearmage.. gearmage? ah yes, that should be somewhere around here as well. demon, here!"

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

Deleted
    She did not ask for it. That's really flawed and stupid logic. Oh you do something wrong and get something bad in return. That is two wrongs don't make a right. She knew Garrosh wasn't exactly reasonable. I don't think anyone expected a Mana Bomb on Theramore or say Divine Bell nonsense. She isn't going to become a raid boss.
    If she knew Garrosh wasn't reasonable, then why was she so incredibly stupid to let Alliance forces pass through Theramore to infiltrate the Barrens? Garrosh is not stupid, he's not gonna sit there and watch as she let's the Alliance attack his people. Let's just say Theramore was the punishment for her previous treasons. She deserved it. Too bad all those poor inhabitants had to suffer for her stupidity.

And she could indeed become a raid boss. Her intense hatred for Garrosh and the Horde would make her a invaluable target for the Sha. Let's throw in Vereesa while we're at it.
    Last edited by mmoc940ec2e7b6; 2013-01-21 at 09:36 PM.

Wrong again. The event in itself is grey due to not seeing certain things on each side. Each POV feels justified in how they are feeling. IT IS GREY, the most grey we've seen in awhile.
    Of course, on the Horde side I had the privilege of taking out a Silver Covenant mage that was dangling a blood elf over the shark in the Underbelly, fighting groups of three high elves in full armor beating single unarmed civilians like Rodney King, and Jaina wandering in a circle under a perpetual blizzard, bellowing at the top of her lungs. Yeah, that makes it look bad. Then I examine what happened on the Alliance side that I didn't get to see.

"Go kill the blood elf shopkeepers because they're blood elves."
    "Kill the Naxx valor vendor because he's trying to get his own stuff out of the bank."
    "Clear the blood elf vermin out of the sewers."
    "These rats have had it coming for a long time."
    "Incapacitate the dragonhawks. Or kill them, I don't care."
    And the kicker, reasonable grey old Jaina telling Aethas she's got some suspicions by killing his entire retinue and ice blocking him before he can get two words out.

Grey. Sure. Everything I've seen from the Alliance side makes the whole thing look even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drilnos you're taking things out of context. The event as a whole was grey considering the circumstances. Blizzard purposely made the event one sided for Alliance and Horde. Thus the grey comes out.

If she knew Garrosh wasn't reasonable, then why was she so incredibly stupid to let Alliance forces pass through Theramore to infiltrate the Barrens? Garrosh is not stupid, he's not gonna sit there and watch as she let's the Alliance attack his people. Let's just say Theramore was the punishment for her previous treasons. She deserved it. Too bad all those poor inhabitants had to suffer for her stupidity.

And she could indeed become a raid boss. Her intense hatred for Garrosh and the Horde would make her a invaluable target for the Sha. Let's throw in Vereesa while we're at it.
    She does not deserve it. You are just being cruel. Two wrongs don't make a right. Jaina doesn't deserve the emotional trauma that she has endured. Don't be silly. No Jaina is not becoming a raid boss. Just stop it. Your arguments ate horrid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    She does not deserve it. You are just being cruel. Two wrongs don't make a right. Jaina doesn't deserve the emotional trauma that she has endured. Don't be silly. No Jaina is not becoming a raid boss. Just stop it. Your arguments ate horrid.
    She does. Imagine if she wasn't such an emotional little brat at the Battle for Undercity, how many lives that could have been saved if Varian would have succeeded in killing Thrall. Too much innocent blood has been spilled because of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuzard View Post
    She does. Imagine if she wasn't such an emotional little brat at the Battle for Undercity, how many lives that could have been saved if Varian would have succeeded in killing Thrall. Too much innocent blood has been spilled because of her.
    She has no blood on her hands and the fact you just insulted her tells me you can't think of a better argument. She wasn't an emotional brat. Varian wouldn't of survived as much as I like him he wouldn't of stood a chance against Thrall AND SYLVANAS. Jaina has hardly done anything wrong. She does not deserve it Khuzard. You are just looking for an excuse for a raid boss because of what happened recently.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    You're treading on dangerous ground now, what would happen in cataclysm without Thrall? Best not go that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    You're treading on dangerous ground now, what would happen in cataclysm without Thrall? Best not go that way.
    He's being unreasonable. If we wanted a raid boss for someone who we got annoyed with nearly every faction leader would be. Even Thrall would.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Basically, Blizzard would have had another plot. It's not like Blizzard has every expansion foretold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, Blizzard would have had another plot. It's not like Blizzard has every expansion foretold.
    They're planning on the next expansion as we speak. They've been doing that for awhile now.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    They're planning on the next expansion as we speak. They've been doing that for awhile now.
    Sure they are. But if Thrall would have died at the Battle of Undercity, there would have been another plot in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure they are. But if Thrall would have died at the Battle of Undercity, there would have been another plot in Cataclysm.
    Yeah but Thrall wouldn't of died. Arguing what happened at Undercity is really asinine at this point.

Warrior-Magi

Actually Thrall was chosen because he was Metzen's favorite character. I believe a lot of other characters could also control the Dragon Soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He also said Jaina has it all wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:33 PM ----------

The difference is that those were external attacks against enemy encampments. The Purge was perpetrated by the leadership and rival political party within the same faction against civilians.
    Please don't argue that the Sunreavers had nothing to do with it. Please don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Please don't argue that the Sunreavers had nothing to do with it. Please don't.
    What's to argue? You can see the quest for yourself. Only 1 Sunreaver (Fanlyr) was at Darnassus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Dude.. He's an elf.
    Being arrogant is one of their hidden racials.

Fanlyr: Fanlyr was sent by Garrosh with a blood elven expedition to the Ancestral Rise in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms where the expedition found Mercurial Guardian.

Thalen: Thalen Songweaver is a blood elf mage of some repute, part of the Sunreavers and thus the Kirin Tor. In truth, however, Thalen is a spy for Garrosh Hellscream, Warchief of the Horde.

It's not an 'excuse' I make up, it's what the lore tells us.
    I wouldn't mind him being one of the Sunreavers, but their loyalty is with Garrosh and they report directly to him.

I'm not blaming anyone, I am saying that it's not as black and white as some here make it.

What quest?
    Because Horde-side it's Fanlyr all the time.
    And 'we' did nothing would be the wrong thing to say, because Fanlyr obviously did it.
    The portal you take is a Sunreaver portal. Fanlyr says the Sunreavers risk their neutrality by aiding them. Why does this still need to be discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The portal you take is a Sunreaver portal. Fanlyr says the Sunreavers risk their neutrality by aiding them. Why does this still need to be discussed.
    Because every other Sunreaver and Blood Elf you encounter is completely shocked by what is going on.

Drilnos you're taking things out of context. The event as a whole was grey considering the circumstances. Blizzard purposely made the event one sided for Alliance and Horde. Thus the grey comes out.

The Horde players come in and find a situation that wouldn't be out of place in 1930s Germany, pull a Big Damn Heroes, rescue as many as they can, then skydive out of the sewers to escape. That's how it's presented to us. It would make sense if the Alliance players were given something a little softer and fuzzier to let them think they were doing something better than that.

But they aren't. In this episode of World of Warcraft, the role of Gestapo will be played by the Alliance. There is no sugar coating, there is no context that magically makes it all better. It is what it is. The question is not whether it's there, it's whether you can recognize it or not. If you want to disprove me, then do it. Show me one instance where something is deliberately shown as casting the Alliance in a better light when played on the Alliance side.

And things like "this has gone on long enough" or "it must be done" do not count. Those are stock genocide-excusing phrases.

how many lives that could have been saved if Varian would have succeeded in killing Thrall.
    Haha, holy hell that fight would have been a mess. Varian, Thrall, Jaina, Sylvanas, both Horde and Allaince champions (the players) and NPCs. Honestly, it's a toss up who would actually come out alive with power like that being thrown around in relatively close quarters.