Low level effective level raised confirmed?

Hi
    "Players in low level battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that battleground bracket. Players' base stats and spells are scaled accordingly and are treated as the same level when determining hits, misses, and critical effect chance."

Did somebody already tested this thing on PTR? Do level x0 charakters lose their high second stats or keep them? Do they get additional health?
    Thanks
    Euerfeldi

As far as I know its just a lvl raise, no stat or hp scaling. I think its just to avoid the hit advantage or extra damage taken. But I think the base damage and healing of your abilities might be scaled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    As far as I know its just a lvl raise, no stat or hp scaling. I think its just to avoid the hit advantage or extra damage taken. But I think the base damage and healing of your abilities might be scaled.
    I hope it's level and stat scaling like it was in SW:TOR. I think if it were just your level that was scaled, that wouldn't solve the problem to the effect that Blizzard probably desires it solved. From what I can understand, base stats means all white stats, as well as green stats. I just can't figure a reason why they would scale your level and stats like Str and Int, but not Haste and Crit. Doesn't make sense to not scale them all, if the objective is to put players in a bracket on a level playing field with respect to level.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be cool I do hate going into bg's and just get rolled by characters 4 levels higher then me after I just rolled over people 4 levels lower then me 30 mins before then.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I hope it's level and stat scaling like it was in SW:TOR.
    From what I gather, it'll work out in a similar fashion to that except instead of level 10's, 20's and 40's being overpowered compared to most (Bolster took an average of your stats per slot, then applied that average to every slot I think. I can't imagine any other reason why a level 10 would have 12.5k health compared to a level, say, 49 with 11.5k) of the others in their bracket, it'll be top end of the bracket that has the advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    From what I gather, it'll work out in a similar fashion to that except instead of level 10's, 20's and 40's being overpowered compared to most (Bolster took an average of your stats per slot, then applied that average to every slot I think. I can't imagine any other reason why a level 10 would have 12.5k health compared to a level, say, 49 with 11.5k) of the others in their bracket, it'll be top end of the bracket that has the advantage.
    As far as I know, I could have sworn that a low level chat could have more stats than a higher level char if that low level toon was geared in epics and blues, and the higher level player in just basic quest greens. I definitely remember some scaling of that sort that took your gear into account when determining your stats in the 49 bracket.

I agree with your statement that the higher-leveled people will have an advantage. Think about two Rogues facing off in a Random BG, one has Slice 'N Dice, and the other doesn't. No amount of basic scaling is going to make up for a 40% attack speed advantage the one rogue has over the other. I remember this being the case in SW:TOR as well, you couldn't hop into BG's at level 10 and expect to do well, because your rotation wasn't fleshed out at all, not to mention all the cooldowns and utility spells you didn't yet have access to.

I think, as long as WoW still uses brackets that are ~10 levels, we shouldn't experience that problem to the point that it up existed in SW:TOR.

Also, sorry for talking about another game in the WoW forum sub-section. For those of you who are unfamiliar, this other game had one bracket from level 10 to level 49, and scaled characters stats to be approximately equal to what they would be at level 49 with level 49 equivalent gear. This is very similar to (as far as we know) the system announced for the leveling brackets in WoW.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

/bump
    Did anybody tested this already on PTR?

Didnt they say they were raising the stats to make them the same? Didn't read anything about levels.