Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Yea i know, but as Denmark is a western nation it is likely to be valid to the other western nations. I imagine Argentina is valid to the rest of south america but not necessarily the rest of the world.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:55 AM ----------

I thought that was what the TV was for...
    My field is the same. I am legally certified to carry out my profession...but only in the US...or more specifically employed by a US carrier. I could work overseas for a forign company but I would have to re-certify for a certification that is universal to western European countries.

Shit is expensive...to basically demonstrate I can do what I already do.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    I think it's the fact that when students know their parents are paying for their college tuition, they can do whatever they like, knowing they'll be covered by their parents.
    Gross generalisation there. Some are like that. Many aren't.

A lot of students simply started worrying about their future after the freshman partying rush.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    My field is the same. I am legally certified to carry out my profession...but only in the US...or more specifically employed by a US carrier. I could work overseas for a forign company but I would have to re-certify for a certification that is universal to western European countries.

Shit is expensive...to basically demonstrate I can do what I already do.
    You a doctor, eh? Or just in the field?

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    They outsourced it to the internet and MMO's.

TV? Soooooo last century. Get with the times!
    But what about my Playstation 2!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    You a doctor, eh? Or just in the field?

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 04:03 AM ----------

But what about my Playstation 2!?
    TOTALLY different field, very regulated, though. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to become a pilot.

TOTALLY different field, very regulated, though. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to become a pilot.
    Well, pilot uniforms are cool ._.
    ...you do get to wear that right?

And cheaper flights if you work for an airline!

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Well, pilot uniforms are cool ._.
    ...you do get to wear that right?
    lol I did when i worked for an airline. Hard to not look bad ass in stripes and shoulder boards. lol You can keep the buss driver hat though. I had some medical issues and had to leave for a bit, so now i am an instructor for a college aviation program...no awesome pilot costume there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    And cheaper flights if you work for an airline!
    Damn near free. We had to pay for taxes and that's it. DFW to ORD cost about 20 bucks

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Parental disappointment is worse than getting kicked in the groin repeatedly, for me at least. I'm too afraid to disappoint my parents, to the point where it makes me all the more motivated to do well in College.
    I did way better in school when I had this attitude. That was right up until Sophomore year in high school, or so. I dropped out a little while after because I had no idea how to motivate myself to do things for myself because I never had. 5-odd years of a dead end job and borderline depression later, and I finally made it to college.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    How the hell else is an 18-year-old going to get thousands of dollars to pay for college?
    Grants, scholarships, and most probably, loans.

Digging into debt so you can dig yourself out of debt later. Woo hoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.