Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    When will you understand that every single zelda game is already a reboot?????
    more or less this.
    theres been no logical continuity between the games that isn't more tenuous then the conspiracy that "flu shots contain mind control drugs".
    Last edited by mordale; 2013-01-22 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And Skyward Sword is just wiggling a remote until enemies fall over.

See? I can play this game too. It accomplishes nothing.
    Exactly if you are looking for a combat game why are you playing LoZ which is largely a puzzle game?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it needs to go back to how it use to be. There was something really wrong with skyward sword but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Exactly if you are looking for a combat game why are you playing LoZ which is largely a puzzle game?
    Wait a minute... Didn't you say...
    Did you play the game? Like you have to block, and swipe from different directions. That game was very combat focused.
    Sooo... Erm... What?

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    A link to the past, that game was fucking huge and deserves a bigger spot
    The game wasnt that big at all.
    The map was fairly small, the overall length was a lot shorter compared to other games in the series.

Honestly, i dont think it needs a reboot. It just doesnt need gimics like SS's motion controls.

10+ Year Old Account
    My "perfect" zelda-game would be the open world of ALttP(A link to the Past) mixed with LA. And then have the temple-system as it was in OOT and the clock-function in MM. Really, how every character had their story, chores and such at given times in MM was awesome!

In short: Mix ALttP, OOT, MM, LA and mix them together... Then it'll be perfect<3 (I've always meant that "growing old" in a zelda-game is the classic zelda-way :P )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    The game wasnt that big at all.
    The map was fairly small, the overall length was a lot shorter compared to other games in the series.

Honestly, i dont think it needs a reboot. It just doesnt need gimics like SS's motion controls.
    To be fair, at the time it was probably the biggest non pc ever made.

Also sotc was not combat focused at all. It was really quite horrible in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a minute... Didn't you say...

Sooo... Erm... What?
    Compared to other zelda games it was very combat focused

Compared to other zelda games it was very combat focused
    Way to move the goal posts...

I dunno about a reboot. I think it's time to stop trying to compare the games of OOT because there's nothing that can compete with nostalgia. Twilight princess was an almost across the board improvement on OOT, and it's easily the most similar in comparison. I don't believe in saying the previous was better just because it invented the pattern.

Now, I do think it's time for something new. A new formula, a new setting, something other than different visuals. Nintendo need to stop remaking the same 3 games(LOZ:OOT, SMB3, Pokemon) over and over again and work on something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to move the goal posts...
    What do you want, do you want me to say I want a zelda game where there are no dungeons and you just run around and swing your sword and their is no plot?

Because that would not be zelda. Who would want that crap.

What do you want, do you want me to say I want a zelda game where there are no dungeons and you just run around and swing your sword and their is no plot?

What the hell do YOU want?

I give a suggestion for a type of Zelda game I want, AS IS THE POINT OF THE FUCKING TOPIC, and you do nothing but bitch about it and piss all over other games that anyone would dare compare to the glory of Zelda.

But I like how you're extending my suggestion of more combat focus leading to stripping away everything that makes Zelda what it is. Like I said. Childish.

Shadow of the colossus, you climb up mountains and stab their weak points for massive damage, not much combat involved.
    If you say so. I think you're missing the point though. The combat is still more involving than your basic hacking and slashing that all LoZ games have. I think a great example of some deeper combat with Zelda style gameplay is Darksiders. The game has chain attacks and combos and whatnot that make the game more fun to play whenever you get involved in a combat situation. So you CAN have fun puzzles and fun combat at the same time. When you say things like this:

You make it sound like LoZ having more involving combat means that it can't have any other features besides that. Which is false.

Legend of Zelda doesn't need a reboot. Honestly, it feels like I'm part of a very small group of LoZ fans who are always looking forward to Nintendo's next Zelda game and how it'll stand out from the rest. Nintendo knows what they're doing and I'm up for whatever they throw at us next.
    Last edited by An-Tuirseach; 2013-01-22 at 07:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me personally WW is still the best game in the series by quite a margin.

What I'd like to see in the next game (because every Zelda game is basically a reboot)

• More RPG elements: Give us some minor leveling. Or carry over the upgrade system from SS
    • More movement options: Doesn't need to be AC, but maybe something like the first 3D Prince of Persia would be great
    • Bigger overworld wit more content: The only real issue I had with SS was the lack of a meaningful overworld.
    • Not going too far with the Wii U remote as a gimmick. I don't like that tablet, simple as that.
    • More meaningful sidequests: This ties together with the RPG elements and the overworld.
    • I like what they did with the story in SS. The ending especially gave me quite some "Aha" moments.
    • Better companion: Midna was the best by far. the King/Tetra at least weren't very intrusive, Navi and Fi were horrible.

Deleted
    Use the screen as an inventory manager/interactive map on the go. Don't mix in gameplay on it. I don't want that.
    Open world, let me go anywhere and die if I go somewhere I'm not supposed to due to ramped up difficulty. Less situational items that only serve to open up another linear section if the world. No motion controls. Focus on agile, speedy swordplay, like in WW. SS was too slow.
    Stop with the handholding, I've played Zelda.for 17 years and understand what a bomb is.
    New story. Involve Zelda much more as a companion rather than a damsel in distress. Rather her than Fi or Navi...

If they EVER dropped a link to the past, link's awakening, or seasons/ages combined as a 3D game with controls similar to WW and an art style similar to twilight princess they'd most likely blow everyone away especially the newer crowds that never played those games when they were released. I'd personally die for Link's Awakening remade
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-01-22 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    Personally i loved the wii mote fighting for SS. In TP it wasnt that great because it didnt have a lot of precision, but in SS it was great. So thats a part i would love to actually stay, although im guessing the next game will focus on the wii u controller instead, which makes me a bit sad.

Something i however want in a new zelda game would be:
    - A transport that doesnt require much maintenance. WW was nice because all the boat needed was wind. In SS however you had to do all that random controlling to go up and down and god knows what, and when i just wanted to quickly get somewhere it was annoying. I dont ever want a bloody bird steered with the wiimote again!
    - Probably more combat focus like others have said, while keeping the puzzles. Boss fights were interesting and some miniboss fights, but outside of that i cant claim the creatures gave much of a challenge apart from some rare moments.
    - Better last boss fights than WW and SS. Im saying this because i dont remember TP last boss fight for some reason. Anyhow, i would like it to be more interesting than 3 phases where you only parry and strike in various fashions (no, seriously, calling for lightning or waiting for a zelda arrow doesnt count). You have collected a ton of gear throughout the game, why not make a great fight with various moments where you have to use most of it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    - Better last boss fights than WW and SS. Im saying this because i dont remember TP last boss fight for some reason. Anyhow, i would like it to be more interesting than 3 phases where you only parry and strike in various fashions (no, seriously, calling for lightning or waiting for a zelda arrow doesnt count). You have collected a ton of gear throughout the game, why not make a great fight with various moments where you have to use most of it?
    The final boss in TP wasn't so special but fighting Zant was something else ALOT of phases where you had to use different items in each phase, the final phase taking place infront of Hyrule Castle being a good ol fashioned sword fight. If they did something like that against Ganon/Ganondorf or whatever main villain they want i'd enjoy it alot more. Not saying the WW and SS final boss fights were bad, the environment was perfect with the old hyrule drowning in WW and the huge open area in SS
    Last edited by mmoc3d0d8f98f7; 2013-01-22 at 02:25 PM.

Every zelda game was a reboot, so far, except for the DS wind waker sequels. If you want cool ideas, we could use more top down zelda games on handhelds, and a 3-d remake of zelda 1 and ocarina of time would be pretty cool.