Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

LFR + Legendary drops (5.2)

From a raider in 508 ilvl average gear and will obtain absolutely nothing from doing LFR (as in upgrades).

I hate this, I really do.

It just annoys me that I feel forced to run LFR, which I would consider "prior content" (as I out gear it by a large margin), purely to progress in heroic t15.

It feels ... broken.

Then don't do it ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume LFR loot will continue to inflate the item level budget to absurd levels. My guess is 5.2 LFR loot will be worth slightly more, maybe even equal, to Heroic 5.0 gear.

This way, you'll be "forced" to do LFR, and Blizz will say "we're not forcing you to do anything."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume LFR loot will continue to inflate the item level budget to absurd levels. My guess is 5.2 LFR loot will be worth slightly more, maybe even equal, to Heroic 5.0 gear.

This way, you'll be "forced" to do LFR, and Blizz will say "we're not forcing you to do anything."
    LFR loot will be, highest, 502. Most likely 496 (to start with) and reaching 502 (at the end).

Thought they already said that the lfr of tier 15 will be still lower than heroic gear. I wouldn't be surprised if its somewhere like ilvl 500 or even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they mean about the 20x Legendary items they need for the new Meta Gem.

Remember Manamontana you'll be getting your progress from Normal/Heroic raids + any you may get from LFR if you ever go.
    Everyone who just does LFR will only get drops from LFR. You have the option of possibly getting double the amount every week or (by not doing LFR) the same progress as the majority!

LFR was implemented so that people that couldn't do normal runs or any form of raiding could finally see the content released. Making LFR able to drop loot was a mistake of a lifetime. But sitting here and whining about it when you are saying that you are a raider with 508 average ilvl? With that ilvl i assume you have already cleared 13/16HC if not 16/16. If you feel forced to do the new LFR unless some mega insane trinket or class specific upgrade drops that shouldn't even be necissary.

If LFR has to reward loot for the "Beginner" to feel special or satisfied, then let it drop loot. I can't see how a core raider would ever see himself forced, unless his guild would run through it in max 30min

Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    LFR was implemented so that people that couldn't do normal runs or any form of raiding could finally see the content released. Making LFR able to drop loot was a mistake of a lifetime.
    Heroic modes were implemented so that people who weren't challenged by normal runs could finally have something to beat their heads against. Making Heroic ilvl loot was the mistake of a lifetime.

You're not forced to run LFR to get legendary drops. Anecdotal proof: a mage in my guild refused to run LFR. He'll still get the 5.1 quest done before 5.2 is released (he started the VP collecting part a week or two ago).

Sure, it takes longer if you don't do LFR. But you still get it done in time. So if you don't want to do LFR, then don't. It's that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    You, can speed up the amount of time acquiring these legendary items so far. Also allowing the 'casuals' to enjoy getting a legendary. Is it really that big of a deal? You can do it or not.

Also: I have a feeling that the final piece in this legendary chain, is going to require you, to kill a normal / heroic boss at some point.

waht is this complaint about? u no like post-it?

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Sure, it takes longer if you don't do LFR. But you still get it done in time. So if you don't want to do LFR, then don't. It's that simple.
    "Not doing it" isn't an option if you're aiming for world ranks.

Do you think it's fair that someone from Method and someone from, say, a guild that's ranked 19th on Twisting Nether are "at the same level" progression wise once 5.2 hits despite the fact someone from Method has 508-510~ ilvl gear, and someone in a ranked 19th guild may have 480 ilvl gear? I sure don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Claynoe View Post
    LFR was implemented so that people that couldn't do normal runs or any form of raiding could finally see the content released. Making LFR able to drop loot was a mistake of a lifetime. But sitting here and whining about it when you are saying that you are a raider with 508 average ilvl? With that ilvl i assume you have already cleared 13/16HC if not 16/16. If you feel forced to do the new LFR unless some mega insane trinket or class specific upgrade drops that shouldn't even be necissary.

If LFR has to reward loot for the "Beginner" to feel special or satisfied, then let it drop loot. I can't see how a core raider would ever see himself forced, unless his guild would run through it in max 30min

Just like there are people who don't care about raiding there are also people who play for competition (rankings). His guild might be a top 50 guild or even top 100 and maybe they want to have faster progression. Skipping on something so easy that rewards so much is kinda stupid in that case.

I'm sorry to say it but having legendaries drop in LFR is not needed at all. It's just for the players who only see the light of their precious shiny loot and after a while they will get used to it and want more untill normal and heroic mode give nothing more than LFR. Who cares about players who want to have higher rankings, faster progression? As long as greedy slackers can get their hands on loot it's all good.

Any respectable top guild will do LFR as long as it gives upgrades because they are competitive. They shouldn't have to do LFR.
    I wonder if the ilvl difference between 5.2 LFR and 5.0 heroic gear is going to be enough for them to skip it. Tier bonusses can be worth a lot. But it doesn't really matter if these legendary quests keep making you do things that are not fun or legendary at all.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Heroic modes were implemented so that people who weren't challenged by normal runs could finally have something to beat their heads against. Making Heroic ilvl loot was the mistake of a lifetime.
    Stop trying to be clever. That loot is needed to actually kill the bosses. LFR loot is there just so you can feel good.

Your theory is wrong.

If I'm correct, they are tuning earlier bosses to ilvl 502 on normal, which would make LFR drops be ilvl 495. And if current model gets used in 5.2, the second half of the raid will drop higher ilvl gear (refer msv -> hof/toes ilvl). Heroic thunder king loot will be then around 525 ilvl

OP then you do need something legendary drops and this have a reason to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manamontana View Post
    From a raider in 508 ilvl average gear and will obtain absolutely nothing from doing LFR (as in upgrades).

I hate this, I really do.

It just annoys me that I feel forced to run LFR, which I would consider "prior content" (as I out gear it by a large margin), purely to progress in heroic t15.

It feels ... broken.
    You still get legendary drops from normals / hc , LFR is an added way for people lacking time or dont want to raid hardcore , the fact you can doubledip both is infact a privilege.

To put it blunt , it's not LFR's fault you are in 508 ilvl , the reason LFR drops legendary items is cause Blizzard didn't want to restrict people that could only do LFR from experiencing the legendary gathering , which is a red string throughout this expansion.

The fact you can doubledip from gathering legendary items between normals/hc mode and LFR is infact a bonus , cause alot of people don't have that going for them ( talking about those with only the time to do LFR )

So reflect on that before you call it ''broken'' cause your hc items will be better than t15 LFR ilvl

You feel LFR is outdated for you ? then don't do it , but then also don't complain your not getting another x amounts of chances at sigils / legendary gatherables ,
    Last edited by FluFF; 2013-01-22 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    I would assume that T15 LFR would start at between 498 and 500 ilvl, then the next raid released would go to 509-512

Deleted
    The item level isn't of much concern. It's never going to be high enough to make me need gear from it, so I feel forced to run LFR simply for a legendary which is for progression. I thought LFR was supposed to have it's own progression curve, which didn't impact on normal/heroic raids.

Seriously, I'm getting tired of these posts about people QQing about Blizzard acts, if you don't like it, please make us a favor and stop playing the game.

LFR is made for people that don't have time to raid... and you've the privilege to go on both LFR and Normal / Heroic... Is that bad? You can gear up faster than people running only LFR. I don't know why do you QQ about... Do you want to return to TBC times where just 1k ppl finished Sunwell in the whole America? Please, just make us a favor and cry about the "going or not going to LFR stuff" on your WC mirror or in Barrens General.
    Last edited by Stolberg; 2013-01-22 at 02:14 PM.

if the drop rates for the new Legendary tokens are the same as they were for the previous sigils, and your in a guild thats going to make good progress in the new raids theres not much reason to to do the LFR, the drop rate will be low enough that any gain is likely not going to be worth the time. in all you might gain 1 or 2 drops faster.. sure its a gain but if i was in a position to do normal raiding again. i wouldnt consider it worth my time to do it.