Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do BGs not reward gold? If no then why not?

Been playing SWToR and GW2 for a while before I returned to WoW a few weeks ago. I know Star Wars BGs award credits(gold) after every battle win or lose along with their version of honor points. I havent played rift in a while but Im also sure it also rewards you with currency. I never did much WvW in GW2 but can anyone confirm or deny if it also gave currency as a reward? I know WoW appeals to a wide range of players and thats why it has the most number of people playing it. But for people that only PvP how is not getting gold upon wins acceptable? Has Blizzard addressed this issue in the past before?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-22 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    It doesnt award gold, and why does it need to?

i would assume the masses of botters would love this change. But if the botting can be weeded out, i don't see why a win at a bg shouldn't award the same amount of gold as a 5man heroic would.

BGs cause minimal dmg to your gear, 5mans have the potential of 10% dura loss on death, your currency from them is honor, where HKs and bg specifc achieve progress is the main reason to do said bg oposed to a random one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    It doesnt award gold, and why does it need to?
    I think it could be nice. Imagine you only did arena/rbg's. Where would you get the gold for gems/enchants/professions?

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    I think it could be nice. Imagine you only did arena/rbg's. Where would you get the gold for gems/enchants/professions?
    If you only do arenas and BG's then wouldnt you get to the point where you would have an over abundance of honor or conquest and spend it on gear to vendor for gold or such?

At the moment with such mass amount of botting giving gold to BG's I think wouldn't be a very good idea, hell giving gold might even make the bot problem worse, I do think maybe giving a vendor with mats etc like back in cataclysm that can be bought with honor could be an option (unless there is one already that I am unaware of)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    BGs cause minimal dmg to your gear
    Tell that to the kockback guy on EOTS, AV Bridge, or the AB lumber mill.

Deaths from cratering or falling off the EOTS map still award the 10% durability loss, its one of the reasons players love to cause death by falling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    Ugh. I see this argument all the time and it makes me gag a little. Answer this honestly - why do people who only play WoW for PvP have it in their head that Raiders make gold from doing PvE? We make a bit from killing a boss but we also pay a shitload on repairs during progress.

Also Raiders have to pay more than PVPers do. You pay for enchants and gems, we pay for that + repairs, potions, flasks, food.

Ugh. I see this argument all the time and it makes me gag a little. Answer this honestly - why do people who only play WoW for PvP have it in their head that Raiders make gold from doing PvE? Also Raiders have to pay more than PVPers do. You pay for enchants and gems, we pay for that + repairs, potions, flasks, food.
    Except PvP is just as much of a part of WoW as PvE is. Why should PvPers get no form of monetary compensation at all? I mean they already insult people who do LFR with bags of gold instead of loot. Why cant people who do BGs at least get insulted the same way? PvPers are basically mercenaries that fight for their faction. Last time I checked mercenaries got paid. Im not talking about 100s of gold per win. But we should get some gold in return. Also I have done nothing but BGs all day long so please explain why I had a 47 gold repair bill?

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:57 AM ----------

You pay for enchants and gems, we pay for that + repairs, potions, flasks, food.
    You pay for gems and enchants which is what PvPers also pay for. Repairs and Food are covered by guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Except PvP is just as much of a part of WoW as PvE is. Why should PvPers get no form of monetary compensation at all? I mean they already insult people who do LFR with bags of gold instead of loot. Why cant people who do BGs at least get insulted the same way? PvPers are basically mercenaries that fight for their faction. Last time I checked mercenaries got paid. Im not talking about 100s of gold per win. But we should get some gold in return. Also I have done nothing but BGs all day long so please explain why I had a 47 gold repair bill?

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:57 AM ----------

You pay for gems and enchants which is what PvPers also pay for. Repairs and Food are covered by guilds.
    Because PvE doesnt give a dime either. Guilds dont cover repairs food flasks and potions. What, you think every raiding guild gets free stuff from a GM to raid with? All these things are provided by the members. Sure, we have a guild tab full of flasks. All of which crafted by our alchemist officer.
    Point being, making gold isnt a PvE or PvP thing, its something you do outside of those by yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    You're basing your argument around the fact that PvErs make gold from raiding and PvPers get nothing, which is wrong. If raiders need gold we make it just like everyone else does - through farming, dailies or playing the AH.

PS. Oh no, 47 gold after playing for the entire day oh noes! I spent 10 times that progressing on Protectors Heroic for 3 1/2 hours. Spend the honor you made on the Brutal Glad Daggers and you've paid for your repair bill and then some.

Not always. My guild doesnt pay for repairs and getting food for the feasts is a joint effort outside of raids. Once again you're assuming that raiding materials/gold just appears in the raiders pockets or in the guild bank. You're extremely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Because PvE doesnt give a dime either. Guilds dont cover repairs food flasks and potions. What, you think every raiding guild gets free stuff from a GM to raid with? All these things are provided by the members. Sure, we have a guild tab full of flasks. All of which crafted by our alchemist officer.
    Point being, making gold isnt a PvE or PvP thing, its something you do outside of those by yourself.
    True. The minimal amount of gold you gain from killing bosses is not even enough to cover repairs from progress.

Deleted
    I can sum up this thread very easily:

Attitude of PvE players: Good job tonight guys progressing on that boss for 4 hours, shame we didnt get a kill.. Tomorrow we will though! Ok I'm off to gather some materials for the potions and flasks I will use tomorrow.

Attitude of PvP players: OMFG thats so fucking OP, nerf mages nerf rogues nerf warriors nerf hunters FFS. Oh and FFS blizz give me some gold for that really hard BG i spent 15 minutes in I need to gem my welfare epics

Deleted
    It would be nice to see some gold reward somehow but theres too many afkers and bots i dont know how it is even possible to reward us with that in a good way.

I can sum up this thread very easily:

Attitude of PvE players: Good job tonight guys progressing on that boss for 4 hours, shame we didnt get a kill.. Tomorrow we will though! Ok I'm off to gather some materials for the potions and flasks I will use tomorrow.

Attitude of PvP players: OMFG thats so fucking OP, nerf mages nerf rogues nerf warriors nerf hunters FFS. Oh and FFS blizz give me some gold for that really hard BG i spent 15 minutes in I need to gem my welfare epics
    Theres a difference. PvP targets are real humans laughing at your face while you die while bosses arent doing it. Thats why people whine
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-22 at 12:23 PM.

Considering the current state of bots, I'd say it would be a very bad idea.

Personally, it doesn't affect me one way or another. I kill enough stuff in the world to make up for what little durability I lose in BGs.

Perhaps upping the amount of gold obtained from 'removing insigias'? Granted that would cause a change in focus: a large amount of players from both sides are fighting at a flag in AB; one player dies and the focus changes to trying to be the first to loot it. Perhaps the solution to that would be to grant the loot to a single player; maybe one that deals the killing blow (or the last one to deal damage before they die from non-player sources, such as falling), or just a single, random player within X yards. In the very least, allow the corpses/skeletons to be looted -after- they have respawned, so there's no need to "hurry". Perhaps change the type of loot received; maybe a chance for a vendor-gray with a nice price? Just a few thoughts that has downsides as well, most notably botting.

Deleted
    Why not really?

It doesn't have to be as much as for downing a raid boss where you get some 40ish g, but maybe some 9g or so/win.

Pvp doesn't take as much gold as Pve.

The gold bosses drop is really to cover the repair. Its not a viable source of profit.

Pve'rs also need to buy flasks, pots and food. Some guilds "cover" this but then again guilds don't get gold out of thin air.

As a pvp'r you will steadily progress through the honor gear and start shooting for conquest. That honor you have left over can go into gold if you really start falling behind.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

can cheat bgs and get tons of gold for cheating

cant really cheat pve

your reply--you can solo old dungeons to get gold fast we cant solo bgs to get gold---

correct. you too can solo old dungeons to get gold fast

your reply---but im not a pver why should i be forced to run pve content for gold--

correct youre a pvper you dont need gold for its main purpose of repairing items as you dont suffer durability loss like pver's

your reply--but i want to buy stuff to lvl my professions---

then farm them like everyone else did and you get the gold/items from selling the excess mats/loot from mobs you encounter along the way..

your reply--how about some tea hansome--

sure.

-tra la la la la off we go for some tea!!!---

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can loot dudes for pocket change, but that's not much. I do agree that BGs should reward some gold (even though I rarely do them), but I'd rather not incentivize botting.