Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ganking - Official Blue Response

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm
    Its official, straight from the Blizzard offices themselves. More evidence that anything goes on a PvP realm. Hopefully the whiners see this, and understand.

If its red, its dead.

What do you think about this response from Blizzard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm
    Its official, straight from the Blizzard offices themselves. More evidence that anything goes on a PvP realm. Hopefully the whiners see this, and understand.

If its red, its dead.

What do you think about this response from Blizzard?
    Ha. Legit.
    Seeing people whinge and cry had no idea the amount of pain that went into level in STV in Vanilla/TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. But I could swear I saw this before. Still, PvP servers are Pvp servers are PvP servers. Sucks to be ganked and attacked but it's what you took on when you signed up. This is really the effect of a server having more people, not specifically CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Ha. Legit.
    Seeing people whinge and cry had no idea the amount of pain that went into level in STV in Vanilla/TBC.
    STV was a hilarious sight back then, and thanks to CRZ it has become hilarious again. Seeing the lowbies struggling to do quests with full on PvP action happening all around them. I just took my mage on a journey to STV and used the ability: Ice Lance several times for some good one shot fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I agree. But I could swear I saw this before. Still, PvP servers are Pvp servers are PvP servers. Sucks to be ganked and attacked but it's what you took on when you signed up. This is really the effect of a server having more people, not specifically CRZ.
    Your post was complete and utter PvPserverception. A PvP server in a PvP server in a PvP server.

Think there has been many threads on this so I dont know if this is anything new. In one sense of course ganking is part of pvp realms and now with xrealms its going to happen more and something you have to deal with. Problem I have and has happened are the max level tools who say hang out at a quest giver and camp/grief you and first thing they do is mount up on their flying mount and fly 2 million feet in the air. Now this is really not "world pvp" because its basically swoop down kill a scrub and fly away. I mean that is real skill to do that, I bet all of them must be rank 1 Glads. For me I never get why 90's campin low levels contributes anything to the

As far as blue post this has to be pretty much Blizz response because nothing they can do about it. Maybe this is really how they feel but again there are major flaws in ganking/griefing with flying mounts. Hey, its part of game now so just live with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree. Ganking has its fun, but we cant forget the fun PvP that happens at the appropriate levels while leveling. I cant tell you how many times i've leveled an alt, and prepared myself for world PvP because of there being more people around due to CRZ. Its amazing to have that vanilla feeling again. Leveling my hunter I had close to 200 killing blows before i even hit outland.

Glorious.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:08 PM ----------

Your post was complete and utter PvPserverception. A PvP server in a PvP server in a PvP server.
    Love the Signature. Looks like the old Warcraft 2 Game box. The footman always looked like he could rip apart any greenskin.

Just means that even more players will either leave the Pvp realms, or CRZ til they hit 90,

Deleted
    STV was a hilarious sight back then, and thanks to CRZ it has become hilarious again. Seeing the lowbies struggling to do quests with full on PvP action happening all around them. I just took my mage on a journey to STV and used the ability: Ice Lance several times for some good one shot fun
    /1 "WHERE CAN I FIND BANGALADASH???"
    /3 "HELP GUYS GANKERS AT GROM'GOL AND NESINGWARY CAMP"
    /5 (iirc this was world chat) "LFM COUNTERING NESINGWARY CAMP ALLY GANKERS"

The only problem I have right now is that you can't gank the crap out of griefers by logging your main. Most of the are cowards that will run at the sight of anything even close to a fair fight. Granted, you can still solve that with some creative use of guildmates and live bait, but there really needs to be some sort of aircombat or dismounting system put into place so you can repay them in full for killing your lowbie alt or friend.

In the current state of the game, ganking is no where close to how bad it was in Vanilla or TBC (nor nearly as fun as it was back then). If a level 90 player ganks a level 85 questing, who the heck cares.

Ah ganking. That's that thing that cowards too afraid to face someone with equal level and equal gear to them do right?

15+ Year Old Account
    This has started since CRZ, so I think a free migrate to a PVE server of choice would be a good move from their part. At least I'm tired of the gankers and I've stopped leveling my alts because of it. Someone that does not even have a main might even cancel their sub.

PVP realms used to be fun when zones contained same level enemies, now there's at least one level 90 from other realm in every zone, and they always have the bloodlust.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-01-22 at 03:15 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

So I'm gettin from you post/quote that you love to see lowbie struggle to do quests? To each its own but for again max level people to do that are just plain douches, again especially with flying mounts. Sure if its someone of same level in a zone that is fine but again its like a high school bully going to elementary school to pick on kids playing..yeah really tough guy!!

As far as creating world pvp, this is debatable I guess but to me with flying mounts the bullies are not going to stay and pick on someone their own size, they will just fly away.

Deleted
    I made a thread about that i want griefers in pvp servers to be easier to deal with and people say "If you dont like pvp move to a pve server."

Since when is wanting more pvp=being against pvp?

This is why i am getting offended by these threads. Because this forum treaths me like one of them that hate gankers while im saying that i want to gank people running away because they make pvp not fun.

Can someone tell me why my opinion is against pvp again? Because i really need an explanation.

The blue is right, but anyone that WANTS A LITTLE CHANGE in pvp servers doesnt always mean they are against pvp. Its the same no mather where. Even the blues can reply that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    The only problem I have right now is that you can't gank the crap out of griefers by logging your main. Most of the are cowards that will run at the sight of anything even close to a fair fight. Granted, you can still solve that with some creative use of guildmates and live bait, but there really needs to be some sort of aircombat or dismounting system put into place so you can repay them in full for killing your lowbie alt or friend.
    and if you do catch them, they just fly off looking for someone else to gank.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been mentioned about 10 times so far by blues, people just don't seem to get it.

Deleted
    /1 "WHERE CAN I FIND BANGALADASH???"
    /3 "HELP GUYS GANKERS AT GROM'GOL AND NESINGWARY CAMP"
    /5 (iirc this was world chat) "LFM COUNTERING NESINGWARY CAMP ALLY GANKERS"
    OHAI FELIR! So next time I get ganked, I can ask you to help me? Tok is mean, he never helps me.

Deleted
    Theres nothing more satisfying in game than killing a low level with 1 shot and running off.
    You gain nothing from it, but damn its fun

I have nothing against it, I don't do it, or whatever.

It does smack as pretty crappy world PVP design, though! but whatever. It is what it is, and you can actively avoid it, so whatever.
    It's also pretty annoying how people won't even engage in active conversations anymore about world PVP, half the time, it just boils down to the gankers plugging their ears and saying going to another server, rather than actually trying to make a part of the game more enjoyable for everyone :x