Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm
    We just locked a 73 page thread about this. I agree 100% with what Blizz said and I agree completely with their PvP policy. There are still going to be crusaders for lowbies trying to find "solutions" for a problem that doesn't even exist.

You might have found a better way to word it though:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hopefully the whiners see this, and understand.
    Just feels like flame bait is all. There's a way of making a point and another way of writing it on a rock and tossing it through a window. I support WorldPvP as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    In the current state of the game, ganking is no where close to how bad it was in Vanilla or TBC (nor nearly as fun as it was back then). If a level 90 player ganks a level 85 questing, who the heck cares.
    Well less zones in TBC/Vanilla and now you can sit in a city and level just by doing LFR or bg's. I don't know if this is what you are gettin at but are u saying level 90's are "only" ganking level 85's? Again this is all over the place but for me I'm talking about low, low level. Also the finel line of ganking or griefing. Griefing is the problem and its WoW bullying. I bet alot max levels dont hit outlands or northrend because sure they can gank em but not grief because they can mount up and fly away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Well less zones in TBC/Vanilla and now you can sit in a city and level just by doing LFR or bg's. I don't know if this is what you are gettin at but are u saying level 90's are "only" ganking level 85's? Again this is all over the place but for me I'm talking about low, low level. Also the finel line of ganking or griefing. Griefing is the problem and its WoW bullying. I bet alot max levels dont hit outlands or northrend because sure they can gank em but not grief because they can mount up and fly away.
    The starting camps in Outland, as well as the dark portal, are actually usually HEAVILY griefed, outside of that, not much is really bothered with. I think they mostly want to hit those new level 58's before they can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one reason people like to spend time killing lowbies, and that is because they suck in real PVP like bgs and arenas. Every and each ganker sucks at PVP. Killing lowbies is not PVP, it is called cowardice.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.
    High-level characters from other communities with no fear of repercussions were never artificially imported into low level zones before. So I'm not sure how a blue poster can say that this form of PvP isn't at all new. I always scratch my head a little with bewilderment whenever I see Blizz post about CRZ. The least they could do is have a real discussion about it instead of lying by omission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    There is only one reason people like to spend time killing lowbies, and that is because they suck in real PVP like bgs and arenas. Every and each ganker sucks at PVP. Killing lowbies is not PVP, it is called cowardice.
    I can agree with Arenas. Most BGs are pretty much bot ridden or broken to some extent. Then again, my rogue enjoys Arenas, BGs, and World PvP (including ganking and camping lowbies). It's all part of the fun and stress relief of a PvP realm. We all gank, and we all get ganked.

I dont even care what blizz says about ganking. Before you even make a character on a PvP realm it says your agreeing to the rules at play. If you dont want to get killed regardless of your level then roll on a PVE realm.

I personally don't gank, but a friend of mine used to. But he was insane. He took the whole two factions warring very, VERY seriously. When he was level 10, he'd attack 70's, for example. ANY player he saw, higher or lower than him, he'd attack them. He'd call US cowards for NOT attacking them. He wasn't bad at PVP either. He just wanted to kill "the enemy". (It wasn't even RP or anything. I just think he liked killing the "bad guys".)

its always been that way, and its been confirmed by blizzard many times over the years. people that say to report ganking on a pvp realm make me rofl.

Deleted
    Its official, straight from the Blizzard offices themselves. More evidence that anything goes on a PvP realm. Hopefully the whiners see this, and understand.

If its red, its dead.

What do you think about this response from Blizzard?
    I think ganking in most occasions is fine. But: ganking/griefing low level plaeyrs in X-realm enviroment is not fine. -> To solve this I would suggest that Blizzard should re-introduce "dishonorable kill"-system, ecpesially when it comes to ganking more than 5 or even more lower level players. I myself play in PvP-realm and my servers gank-culture is umm.. how to say, kinda polite. I'm horde and I rarely get ganked by same level alliance players, even if we're doing same dailies etc.(in addition if they outnumber me say by 2++). So this "If it's Red, It's dead" is a really bad statement IMO. It just shows the lack of moral that some kids have.

Edit: I rarely gank alliance plaeyrs myself, unless they are forcing me to.
    Last edited by mmocf2a505393c; 2013-01-22 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    I think they are depressed. Whenever they gank my lowbie they spit on my corpse and sitspam on them to make me pissed off. When i log back on my main and catch them they just stand still till they die without any reaction, and then when im back on my lowbie they start doing the spit emotions again.

No mather how much i gank or insult them they never show any emotions. I can leave a dot and make emotes close to them but they just stand there waiting to die. Its creepy. Every single griefer i have met acted like this.

Getting killed by players with more than ten times your health and dps isn't fun. Especially when they're long gone once you've relogged your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    /1 "WHERE CAN I FIND BANGALADASH???"
    /3 "HELP GUYS GANKERS AT GROM'GOL AND NESINGWARY CAMP"
    /5 (iirc this was world chat) "LFM COUNTERING NESINGWARY CAMP ALLY GANKERS"
    My god the horror of those memories. Amount of fights we had around the camp because 1 or 2 people got ganked and it escalated. fun times :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerfenus View Post
    Getting killed by players with more than ten times your health and dps isn't fun. Especially when they're long gone once you've relogged your main.
    Well the positive thing is that they leave you alone after that. What really annoys me are those players following you, ccing you, spitting on you, harrassing you and killing all the mobs before you can do it and when you log back to your main they fly away avoiding any contact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I personally don't gank, but a friend of mine used to. But he was insane. He took the whole two factions warring very, VERY seriously. When he was level 10, he'd attack 70's, for example. ANY player he saw, higher or lower than him, he'd attack them. He'd call US cowards for NOT attacking them. He wasn't bad at PVP either. He just wanted to kill "the enemy". (It wasn't even RP or anything. I just think he liked killing the "bad guys".)
    Why don't you recommend another game to your friend. War between our two factions is more like an addiotional flavour to this game. Even if it is called World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    Why don't you recommend another game to your friend. War between our two factions is more like an addiotional flavour to this game. Even if it is called World of Warcraft.
    Haha, don't worry, he quit WoW a LONG time ago.. and even though he barely even played it, he still acts like it's the worst game ever, every time I mention it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another ganking thread by the mmo champion's notorious troll... okay I'll bite again.... I'm wondering actually which servers have the huge ganking problems? I've leveled a human hunter on Darkspear(though that hunter is on a pve server now, but still have toons on darkspear), didn't have any sort of a ganking problem till late Outland and then again in Dragonblight in Northrend, and the latter being cause I jumped and killed a heirloomed horde mage of equal level.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I can agree with Arenas. Most BGs are pretty much bot ridden or broken to some extent. Then again, my rogue enjoys Arenas, BGs, and World PvP (including ganking and camping lowbies). It's all part of the fun and stress relief of a PvP realm. We all gank, and we all get ganked.
    Okay, it seems too many people are mixing ganking with griefing. Again to OP yes Ganking is okay but getting Griefed by some flying 90 player is plain stupid. The obvious is you as low level dont stand a chance the other is now u get help or switch to your 90 the person just flies away. They are griefing low levels for a reason, they are bullies, nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Okay, it seems too many people are mixing ganking with griefing. Again to OP yes Ganking is okay but getting Griefed by some flying 90 player is plain stupid. The obvious is you as low level dont stand a chance the other is now u get help or switch to your 90 the person just flies away. They are griefing low levels for a reason, they are bullies, nothing more.
    I dont think they will understand until they get griefed.

I can help them out. CCspamming them and following them killing all low level mobs so they cant quest, its funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I agree. But I could swear I saw this before. Still, PvP servers are Pvp servers are PvP servers. Sucks to be ganked and attacked but it's what you took on when you signed up. This is really the effect of a server having more people, not specifically CRZ.
    with the exception being when CRZ forces you into a pvp zone.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP