10+ Year Old Account

Resetting my sleep schedule

First off my spelling isnt the best, so let me apologize first off. So i have had gotten into a bad sleep schedule, i go to bed around 7-9 am after staying up all night and wake up around 6-9ish pm. And lately i have been trying to reset it to try and normalize my schedule and get into a normal routine. And today i have been drinking alot of coffee, i really dont like coffee, and i have about 12 hours left and im starting to feel tired.

Got any advise for me to help stay up to hit my 9pm mark?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exercise. It does wonders for hormone balance and steady energy.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    First off my spelling isnt the best, so let me apologize first off. So i have had gotten into a bad sleep schedule, i go to bed around 7-9 am after staying up all night and wake up around 6-9ish pm. And lately i have been trying to reset it to try and normalize my schedule and get into a normal routine. And today i have been drinking alot of coffee, i really dont like coffee, and i have about 12 hours left and im starting to feel tired.

I'm resetting myself in this very moment. I haven't slept tonight, because I want to turn my day back around to normal hours. Getting to bed at 8 in the morning just isn't good for me.
    I'm really tired, but I keep myself occupied and I eat well to keep my energy up. I will start exercising to get tired at normal hours when I've gone back to a more normal sleeping pattern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm resetting myself in this very moment. I haven't slept tonight, because I want to turn my day back around to normal hours. Getting to bed at 8 in the morning just isn't good for me.
    I'm really tired, but I keep myself occupied and I eat well to keep my energy up. I will start exercising to get tired at normal hours when I've gone back to a more normal sleeping pattern.
    I had a high protein breakfast, Steak n' eggs, and it has helped ill be sure to snack all day to keep my energy levels high.

Deleted
    Set alarm clock to 1pm
    Get up at 9am
    Accept that you're gonna be tired that day
    Goto bed at 1am
    Set alarm clock to 9am
    Get up at 9am
    Accept that you're gonna be tired that day
    Goto bed between 9-11pm.

Takes 2 days and you're back...

Also do something that involves some movement.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2013-01-22 at 03:32 PM.

Stay busy. don't have to be physically active, just occupied with something. Go out. hard to fall asleep walking around a department store. Don't just read or watch TV. stay busy.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Is the bad sleep schedule from partying or gaming all night, or working an overnight shift? The solution is probably different for the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    Is the bad sleep schedule from partying or gaming all night, or working an overnight shift? The solution is probably different for the situation.
    It happen when i began rafing with my bro and we decided we where going to hit 80 from 68. It took all night and then some.

Deleted
    excercise, or play something if you can manage it to focus. i think there is no "one method for everyone" solution. find it out yourself what makes you tired and what not.

Just stay awake... Surely your self-control isn't THAT bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Just stay awake... Surely your self-control isn't THAT bad.
    Well last time i tried to do that i ended up passing out while watching tv like some kind of old man lol.

Deleted
    Just keep pushing it back.

For example, first day go to sleep as you do at 7 am.
    Next 2-3 days go to sleep at 6 am.
    Next 2-3 days go to sleep at 5 am

And so on until you get where you want. This gives your body some time to get used to the change so you don't fall back into the trap too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Just keep pushing it back.

For example, first day go to sleep as you do at 7 am.
    Next 2-3 days go to sleep at 6 am.
    Next 2-3 days go to sleep at 5 am

And so on until you get where you want. This gives your body some time to get used to the change so you don't fall back into the trap too.
    Ive tried that before and it hasnt worked well, id rather just tough it out i think.

Set the alarm clock for 8am. Get up at 8am, have a shower to wake yourself up. Go to bed when you are tired. Reset the alarm for 8 am. Force yourself to get up, have a shower. Keep doing this for a week and you won't need the alarm clock to wake up at 8 am.

Deleted
    Get melatonin. It's the natural, so-called sleep hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycle. It's perfectly safe to take it in a pill, and in many countries you don't even need a prescription for it. Take 1-3 mg about 1,5-2 hours before you want to go to bed (preferably not right after a heavy meal) and it will help you get to sleep. Should not be continuously, but is perfect for helping to fix a fucked up cycle.

Deleted
    second time i've seen someone ask this, second time i'll answer the same thing: don't eat for 12-16 hours.

http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-natu...ycle-overnight

I first read it on cracked.com, this is the source of the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well last time i tried to do that i ended up passing out while watching tv like some kind of old man lol.
    That's because watching TV is a passive activity. When you're tired, you need to keep yourself doing something.

That doesn't have to mean exercise (though that works), but if you're playing video games rather than watching TV, it'll be much easier to stay awake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda go like.

Take sleeping pills, set alarm, wake up, then forcefully make yourself stay awake for that day, and repeat until norm.