Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Blizzard Seal of Approval on MMO Champ?

Since when did Blizzard have an official rep posting on MMO Champion forums!?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/970492-Araxom

Does this mean in the near future we can see unblocking of MMO Champion links in game?

Dafuq, mmo champs has blue posters now! /runnnns away from the battle.net forums

That's awesome!

15+ Year Old Account
    There were always blue posters reading MMOC (and posting here too) just not all of them that overtly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this yesterday, got confused but also kinda happy. Was known for ages they read this place but whether they took ideas from it or feedback was questionable. Now they seem to post on it as well... No idea D:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No where is safe...
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    not a good thing.

That one thread was closed because a blue has spoken is what the Mod said....

This brings teh supposed independance of MMO champ into question. Its long be held that this site is incredibly bliz biassed, yes its a fan site, but it shoudl still be objective. Unfortunatly it appears it goes far beyond just sucking up to Bliz, now they are acting as a pr site...

Yeah I've known a few of the blue posters from battle net posting here. And I can tell you for sure a lot of them keep the fact that they work for blizz to them self.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    There were always blue posters reading MMOC (and posting here too) just not all of them that overtly.
    I knew this as well, but never were they flagged as "Blizzard" rank. I could be wrong though..

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Yeah I've known a few of the blue posters from battle net posting here. And I can tell you for sure a lot of them keep the fact that they work for blizz to them self.
    Exactly, but now there is one openly posting under an account ranked as a Blizzard employee.

Here's Zarhym, joined "2012-04-07," as you can tell though he's never posted under that account.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/883087-Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    not a good thing.

This brings teh supposed independance of MMO champ into question. Its long be held that this site is incredibly bliz biassed, yes its a fan site, but it shoudl still be objective. Unfortunatly it appears it goes far beyond just sucking up to Bliz, now they are acting as a pr site...
    You made valid points, I know a lot of people come here to get away from the moderation of Blizzard forums or have been banned.
    Last edited by Elvine; 2013-01-22 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I mean I knew they read these forums to an extent but... to actually have a presence here now that is underlined and dotted is pretty cool.

Hi Blizzard, if you thought twitter was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet! *jumps off a plank into the oceans of bile*

Edit: Also being 'blue rank' I don't think gives you any major power on MMO champion, I think it's just so posters can see their input/they can share their information more easily here.
    The Mods still Mod, the Admins still Admin and the world continues turning.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-01-22 at 08:18 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Saw this yesterday, got confused but also kinda happy. Was known for ages they read this place but whether they took ideas from it or feedback was questionable. Now they seem to post on it as well... No idea D:
    Having worked for a company that was in the same type of business as Blizzard, although not Blizzard itself, and having some inside knowledge of how Blizzard works, I can tell you for a fact that they don't really consider feedback on their forums to be better or worse than feedback on other outside fan sites (which they DO read, I can assure you). Feedback is feedback and all you need to do is make sure you support your feedback with reasonable, logical, well-supported arguments for them to take it seriously no matter where you post.

People also tend to get into the habit of thinking that just because Blizzard developers don't make a certain change, that they're not listening to feedback. People need to remember that they can't just make changes based on who screams the loudest or the most in order to make the best game. Lots of posters seem to forget that quite often.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    not a good thing.

You have to be a biased tin foil hat wearing loon to accuse this place of being biased or sucking up.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    We're doomed! If they read some of the things that some people post on here... it would be the end of wow as we know it! it would be even better! ... or worse...

I wonder if any of them take our good ideas, I remember one of mine was to get rid of the charges on shaman shields and they did that all nice and good like haha.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    That's pretty awesome to be honest. I remember when everyone said that they don't come here and so on.
    That was a long time ago though, oh how things change.

Now we just need Ghostcrawler to sign in and make a post on the "should Blizz fire GC" thread and watch this forum explode

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Blizzard, blues, mods, where has Boub gone? I haven't seen any posts from him in ages, all front page posts are by chaud. Did I miss his retirement from MMO-Champ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its not really surprising i dont think. this is one of, if not, the largest WoW site ive ever been a part of, aside from the official blizzard sites. a lot of the ideas that are tossed around here are sometimes not all that bad and are genuinely good, its no surprise that blizzard reps would have accounts here to lurk and read. in fact i think i read a blue post some time ago where they said they do in fact read and watch other blizzard fan sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Now we just need Ghostcrawler to sign in and make a post on the "should Blizz fire GC" thread and watch this forum explode
    I might just die of laughter. But this topic might give the massive 'omgwtfbqq' game away now, and that makes me sad.

Still. Hey, Greg. Do it.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.