Deleted

how much haste for an unholy dk?

hey, so last night elegon dropped an hc starshatter. im usually frost dw, however i took it since i wanted to give unholy a try (especially after the QoL changes next patch). Was wondering if there's an amount of haste which is considered enough, after which crit takes over, or should i just keep stacking haste and be done with it?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Holdo/advanced

here's my armory. also have a lei shi's trinket i'm not sure i should use over the upgraded msv one

cheers

The usual reply is probably still "as much haste as you feel comfortable playing with. If your actions get too crowded, stop stacking haste." Your goal is to *just* avoid capping runes or rp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like the Darkmist Vortex trinket for unholy, too often the haste proc gives you more free death coils and RC procs than you can use without being grossly over-capped on one resource or another... I'd go with Darkmoon Card and Lei Shen's Final Orders.

It might not be as bad of an over-capping problem at significantly lower gear/haste levels though, try them out I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The usual reply is probably still "as much haste as you feel comfortable playing with. If your actions get too crowded, stop stacking haste." Your goal is to *just* avoid capping runes or rp.
    I would say this. I have just over 8k haste on my dk and aprox 30-40secs in I never find myself over capping my runes or runic. I've seen some logs where the top dks have over 9k haste where others have 5k haste. So I would assume its just their play style. Some gem pure haste while others go Strength/Haste or full Strength.

Deleted
    Just sim it, I reforged to haste but used str+XX gems as strength simmed far above 2x haste for me. Think that left me with about 6k+ haste and it seemed fine.

Agree with the post about DMV, unless you're timing the ICD then you might have situations of capping resources when unholy frenzy/heroism's active - lei shin's is less "wasteful" but they'd be pretty close either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatecrew View Post
    I would say this. I have just over 8k haste on my dk and aprox 30-40secs in I never find myself over capping my runes or runic. I've seen some logs where the top dks have over 9k haste where others have 5k haste. So I would assume its just their play style. Some gem pure haste while others go Strength/Haste or full Strength.
    Haste will tend to be better on fights with close to 100% uptime. Any time you lose uptime, haste loses value.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 5.2 tier piece will scale with haste since it uses the RPPM system. Looking forward to seeing how hard the minions hit for.