Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And what if my main is the level 30 that has been repeatedly killed by the level 90? What do I do then? What if my character is in one of those all so common guilds that have 500 members where only 10 people are ever online? What should I do if I get my main and the player that has repeatedly been ganking me decides he does not want to fight me and flies away into another CRZ? Or he just sits there on his flying mount, out of reach, knowing there is nothing I can do to him?

Have you not noticed people have been following through with those threats for the past two years?
    You should ask on trade chat, log a character in trade and talk there, if you're on a PvP server chances are 9/10 someone will come and help

People are always quitting, Over the last two years there was a bit more of a sub drop as content got stale for some people, also alot of people who quit had also been playing for 6-7 years, it's called getting burnt out, and then subs went up again, so it's pointless saying that about this issue, because at the end of it all, everyone had a choice, nomatter what you chose, you still chose it, You let this happen, that's all it comes down too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    this was along the lines of the point i was making earlier. whether ganking and policy are right or wrong is pretty much irrelevant. the question is are there enough people that like being on the receiving end of that stuff to sustain populations? i doubt it. many pvp servers were in dire straights before crz. crz is just a bandaid. when the pops get low again blizz will merge even more servers into each crz, and repeat until every pvp server is sharing a single crz pool. then they have nowhere left to go
    Populations aren't dropping anywhere close to as precipitously as you're claiming. And "OMG WoW is dying" has been shouted from the rooftops for years, yet it keeps on being the most successful MMO in the genre. The latest data I've seen for subs still had WoW at over 10 million. They aren't merging servers, at all; CRZ isn't meant to do that. It changes the player density in the zones, since players tend to focus on the newer content.

And what if my main is the level 30 that has been repeatedly killed by the level 90? What do I do then? What if my character is in one of those all so common guilds that have 500 members where only 10 people are ever online? What should I do if I get my main and the player that has repeatedly been ganking me decides he does not want to fight me and flies away into another CRZ? Or he just sits there on his flying mount, out of reach, knowing there is nothing I can do to him?
    You deal with it.

Nobody's arguing that you have to enjoy that kind of experience. Plenty of people don't. That's why PvE servers remain popular to this day. It isn't an attack against PvP servers, though. It's just a statement that you don't like them.

Have you not noticed people have been following through with those threats for the past two years?
    Not particularly. Subs were about 11.5 million at the start of 2011, and the most recent data stated that we were still over 10 million today. There was a dip in Cata, but they came back (for the most part) for MoP. Have we likely seen another dip? Sure. Populations always ease off after an expansion's release. Are WoW's population numbers anywhere close to the danger zone? Not even remotely. They could lose 90% of their population and still be a success. At the current rate of decay, that'd happen somewhere around 2022.

Making a pretty big leap with that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Populations aren't dropping anywhere close to as precipitously as you're claiming. And "OMG WoW is dying" has been shouted from the rooftops for years, yet it keeps on being the most successful MMO in the genre. The latest data I've seen for subs still had WoW at over 10 million. They aren't merging servers, at all; CRZ isn't meant to do that. It changes the player density in the zones, since players tend to focus on the newer content.
    im not claiming that wow is dying, or any such thing. im claiming that pvp realms in particular have taken big losses in the past, and that i think they will again. and i believe the cause will be people that dont, wont, or cant figure out when enough is enough.

i understand that it's not a realm merge. they did all of this to avoid merging realms. but for the purpose of any crz they are essentially merged. you have said earlier in the thread that this was done by using server groups, similar to how bg groupings used to be, if i was understanding you correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    im not claiming that wow is dying, or any such thing. im claiming that pvp realms in particular have taken big losses in the past, and that i think they will again. and i believe the cause will be people that dont, wont, or cant figure out when enough is enough.
    I haven't seen any evidence that PvP servers are taking bigger losses, on average, than PvE servers. They've always been wildly popular, and the no-holds-barred model was what the community asked for, back in the day.

i understand that it's not a realm merge. they did all of this to avoid merging realms. but for the purpose of any crz they are essentially merged. you have said earlier in the thread that this was done by using server groups, similar to how bg groupings used to be, if i was understanding you correctly.
    It has nothing to do with server populations. It has to do with player density per zone. Server merges can't fix that issue, since all that does is change it from an issue with the old world being too barren, to the Pandaria zones being way overcrowded.

The old BG groupings had even less to do with all this, since those were just for architectural reasons in the server hardware layouts, so far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that PvP servers are taking bigger losses, on average, than PvE servers. They've always been wildly popular, and the no-holds-barred model was what the community asked for, back in the day.
    /shrug

i guess time will tell. im not really advocating changes or not. im saying that i think rampant camping to the point where one cant level or leveling is such an ordeal that none will attempt it will eventually take its toll. there is a difference between some excitement at the prospect of sudden death and the guarantee of helplessness unending

It has nothing to do with server populations. It has to do with player density per zone. Server merges can't fix that issue, since all that does is change it from an issue with the old world being too barren, to the Pandaria zones being way overcrowded.

The old BG groupings had even less to do with all this, since those were just for architectural reasons in the server hardware layouts, so far as I know.
    i guess im not understanding at all then
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Short version: everybody defending 90s ganking people ridiculously lower in level than them are bullies. Pure and simple. You cannot defend it as an action, so stop trying.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    Short version: everybody defending 90s ganking people ridiculously lower in level than them are bullies. Pure and simple. You cannot defend it as an action, so stop trying.
    Even if it is bullying, it is pvp and is not against the tos. They have every right to do it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Ha. Legit.
    Seeing people whinge and cry had no idea the amount of pain that went into level in STV in Vanilla/TBC.
    I f***ing hated STV, around the Nesingwary camp and near the mercenary camp, so much gankage on my server back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this seeing that it's a virtual copy of a thread we already closed.