Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    they are gonna do pretty good together i hope

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i raided with Vis Maior in BC and early wolk. it was very easy to go semi-hardcore after that. i know a lot of former hardcore raiders who've gone semi-hardcore, or even full on casual.

people get older, people grow out of the game. a lot of the new high caliber players that they would be recruiting are more interested in 10 mans right now because 25s are starting to be regarded as a relic or a lost cause.
    You do realize there are only a couple 10 man guilds in the top 40 right?

10-mans pose little to no threat to the top tier of hardcore guilds. Essentially there is Paragon..... and that's about it.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    You do realize there are only a couple 10 man guilds in the top 40 right?

10-mans pose little to no threat to the top tier of hardcore guilds. Essentially there is Paragon..... and that's about it.

where do you think they would be recruiting from? are they just conjuring these raiders up from the ether? the generation that vodka and exodus are coming from is slowly quitting or going casual as they get older. the new generation of raiders that has the potential to be on their level isn't interested in 25s.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

If you take the first letter of each name and make a full circle around the alphabet, E is 9 letters away from V.

9 = 3 * 3
    2 * 333 = 666.

Coincidence? I think not.

I have to say I think VExodus would've been a better name, not a big fan of "Evodus."

Also sad to see another 25 man guild die. Wondering when that 'controversial' change to help fix them will actually happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do u combine alcohol with a book in the bible????

on a real note. what ever good luck tothem

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I have to say I think VExodus would've been a better name, not a big fan of "Evodus."

Also sad to see another 25 man guild die. Wondering when that 'controversial' change to help fix them will actually happen.
    Not sure I buy the whole "larger picture" thing.

My understanding is that vodka's GM Grafarian just drifted away and stopped playing WoW and vodka decided to take their players and join up with Exodus' leadership. Vodka left some other players in addition to losing their GM, but it's not a textbook "guild couldn't get recruits; fell apart" scenario.

So 25 man incentives wouldn't have done much here.

Deleted
    Ensidia merged to envy, worked out good enough.

Deleted
    Best of luck to them, my 2 favorite US guilds, now let's hope it works out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    how do u combine alcohol with a book in the bible????

on a real note. what ever good luck tothem
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/43969398...afe-holy-bible
    Since you asked!

The merger sounds like good news and I can't wait to see what the results will be.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

where do you think they would be recruiting from? are they just conjuring these raiders up from the ether? the generation that vodka and exodus are coming from is slowly quitting or going casual as they get older. the new generation of raiders that has the potential to be on their level isn't interested in 25s.
    I guess you do not get it.... Its pretty simple, there is no "they". Besides Paragon there is literally no 10 man guilds even close to the very top teir of raiders, and only a couple in the top 40.

Some math: if 35 of the top 40 are 25 mans, that's over 1000 top teir raiders to just 60. Read that a couple times if you still do not get it... That is assuming 30 and 12 man rosters.

25 mans are completely dominate in hardcore raiding, with the exception of one Finnish guild that does not recruit and is a very special case.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-01-23 at 05:58 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I don't know. I did heroic raiding ToC-Firelands and dragon soul/MoP are fine for me casually with LFR and such. But to each his own.
    I would consider only doing LFR the same as 'quitting raiding', but maybe that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto View Post
    I skimmed through this thread but didn't see anything. Did grafarion just quit, or did he legitely disappear and no one knows why?
    i was wondering this too. quitting is one thing, but vanishing is another thing entirely particularly if officers can't get a hold of him. in a guild that old and that high end people tend to have each other's phone numbers and ways to get in contact out side of the game.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto View Post
    I skimmed through this thread but didn't see anything. Did grafarion just quit, or did he legitely disappear and no one knows why?
    According to some ppl in vodka he vanished, hasnt been heared of for like almost 3 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evodus? Who thought of that name and who can I slap for it.

But yeah echoing the sentiment, has happened before and will happen further down the line.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Evodus? Who thought of that name and who can I slap for it.

But yeah echoing the sentiment, has happened before and will happen further down the line.
    It's a placeholder since an old existing guild on Malganis apparently already used the name. I guess theyre trying to recover it? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Isn't Paragon 10 man now? I don't know, even if Blizzard and the majority of players feel differently, I count the 10 man and 25 man races as separate. Having done both, I never have felt Blizzard figured out how to make both raid sizes have equal difficulty.

Not having done 25 heroics and cannot speak to that but over all in my runs of 25s I found them to me much more forgiving and slightly easier on a majority of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Not having done 25 heroics and cannot speak to that but over all in my runs of 25s I found them to me much more forgiving and slightly easier on a majority of fights.
    That's definitely true from a casual perspective of raiding, but when you're pushing progression, 25 people have just as much personal responsibility as people in 10 man.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Oh hi that was me. No, shes hasn't been in Exo for about a month.
    sexy jelloslock.... puna bacon best bacon

Anyone have the new armory? Evodus seems to be gone and i can't recall any of the new char names on Mal'Ganis.

edit: i found it. But to the above posters, i'm on vodka's old server (Alterac Mountains) but on alliance - my guild likes to gank vodka (a lot), and I often noticed Graf was either afk outside the raid or not online at all during the raid times, but the rest of vodka was online.
    Last edited by Malgru; 2013-01-24 at 06:41 PM.