Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Tobi from Naruto is one of mine, due to the fact he is everything that Naruto isn't, all because of a right upbringing filled with friends and love, versus one of loss and jealousy for Tobi, and seeing the woman he loves die right before his eyes.

Otherwise it's Hao Asakura from Shaman King. He's so powerful, not a person stands a second against his magnitude. And in the end, he wins, and the shamans have to ask him to revive everyone who he killed.

Fucker becomes God. Yeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alexander Anderson from Hellsing would be pretty high up on my list, same with Scar from FMA/Brotherhood.

also you've gotta love Delphine Eraclea from Last Exile, such a fucking psychopath...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Anime-esque, but Fire Lord Ozai.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually almost feel sick that people mentioned Aizen.

"Everything you have done up to this point (the past 300 or so episodes) all went exactly according to my plan."

Ugh, really? Really?

Anyway, by far the best one in recent memory would be Kyubey.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post

"Everything you have done up to this point (the past 300 or so episodes) all went exactly according to my plan."

Ugh, really? Really?
    all I could think about during that

also Light was a good bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    If I had to pick one, I'd say for sure it's Dio Brando from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, he doesn't have the most complex goals, he's not even the most powerful or twisted, but fuck does Dio have fucking presence, he's the most entertaining villain I have seen ever. If Dio was at all in an episode, I would feel an extreme fuzzy feeling.

For a second, maaaaybe Kyubey from Madoka Magica, although, it's sort of hard to classify him as a villain.
    Hollow Ichigo - Bleach "To add to this he never had a official name"
    Aizen - Bleach
    Stark - Bleach
    Schrödinger - Hellsing Ultimate
    The Major - Hellsing Ultimate
    Alexander Anderson - Hellsing Ultimate
    Father "The Dwarf In The Flask" - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.
    Light - Death Note.
    Those are the only ones I can think of atm they all kinda tie as my fav villain.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-23 at 08:33 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Ugh, really? Really?

Anyway, by far the best one in recent memory would be Kyubey.
    He's a meglomaniac that thinks he's smarter than he actually is(which is pretty smart still) even when he was getting his ass kicked for reasons unknown to him he was still trying to rationalize it off. He's a glorious villain.

Ugh, really? Really?
    And that was the point even ichigo said what he felt from aizen's sword when they fought. Aizen wanted to lose that is why he gave ichigo every chance to win.

You knew he would lose and so did he that is what made it interesting.

He was more of a smart villain then a brute strength villain kinda why I liked him. Even he knew if he fought the head caption one on one he would lose he even admitted it that is why he sealed away his power.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    He's a meglomaniac that thinks he's smarter than he actually is(which is pretty smart still) even when he was getting his ass kicked for reasons unknown to him he was still trying to rationalize it off. He's a glorious villain.
    His writing (the same for all of Kubo's villains) was terrible the entire span of the series. It was implied he was so amazing and powerful and it never went anywhere, so Kubo made everything up at the end that Aizen magically knew everything would happen exactly the way he planned, leaving more holes than a block of swiss.

Not to mention the whole "i take off my glasses and spitcurl my hair and bam! im suddenly so different and evil!" thing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And that was the point even ichigo said what he felt from aizen's sword when they fought. Aizen wanted to lose that is why he gave ichigo every chance to win.

You knew he would lose and so did he that is what made it interesting.

He was more of a smart villain then a brute strength villain kinda why I liked him. Even he knew if he fought the head caption one on one he would lose he even admitted it that is why he sealed away his power.
    Dont even mention Ichigo. He makes Aizen look deep and well constructed.

Deleted
    Gluttony FMA:B. He's just a likable person.
    Sloth FMA:B. Armoured cars? Mendokuse/move it.

Also Orochimaru from Naruto. I like his voice and his style. He's psycho to the bone, a true villain.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the villains from FMA: Brotherhood. Suitably creepy (Lust, Gluttony), or suitably warped and interesting (Greed), and Dwarf in the Flask had reasonable motivations and actions

I enjoyed Bleach to some extent, but Aizen was a lousy villain. He didn't start lousy, certainly, but it never seemed like Kubo had a solid plan in mind for him.

I mean, compare him to Blackbeard for instance (One Piece). You hardly see both, they're both implied to have a great power, they're both implied to be huge threats, but Blackbeard is way more fleshed out and interesting, and he actually does something very directly that influences the main character (though he didn't plan it that way).

My favourite villain so far would be Tyki Mikk, from D Grayman. Very confusing mix of stone cold killer (his Noah side) and warm affection (his Human side) to his fellow Noah, and his human friends.

Deleted
    For me its Nagato/Pain from naruto. I have a thing for antiheroes/fallen heroes.
    Also Father guy from FMA:B.

I sat and thought about this one for a bit and I couldn't come up with anyone whom I thought was heads and shoulders above Dio. There were villians whom I thought were decent like Shishio (Kenshin), Dwarf in the Flask (FMA:B), Sharon Apple (Macross Plus), Sid Vicious (Cowboy Bebop) but none of which I would consider better.

I think part of it was because of how mysterious he was. You know he was powerful but you didn't know exactly why he was so powerful. And I think it was that mystery is what makes him better than the rest.

A few:

Wrath, FMA Brotherhood
    People have mentioned several of the homunculi and Father, but Wrath stands out the most for me. Why?

First, because he remains unbeaten. At no point do the good guys face him down equally. Scar mentions that if it had been a remotely fair fight (i.e. Bradley wasn't wounded, missing his eye, and about 20-30 years past his prime) that it wouldn't have even been a contest.

Second, his final scene is perfect. FMA's main theme is really about hubris and its consequences, and nowhere is that better exemplified than Wrath's defeat. He declares, "There is no God in this world!" as he stands victorious over Scar. At that very moment the eclipse shifts through the hole in the ceiling, reflecting off his blade and blinding him, resulting in his death.

Third, there is a sort of honor in him. He mentions that he has real pride in being a homunculus. When he's vanquished he doesn't suddenly fall to pieces. And when Lan Fan tries to lecture him he just cuts her off. This isn't some guy that at the end is going to fall apart, seeing the error of his ways at the hands of a teenage girl. He lived a long, complex life and has little regret in his actions and will not be pontificated to. These attributes are the sort that you would normally associate with the protagonist, and which make him much more striking than most villains.

Balalaika, Black Lagoon
    Balalaika isn't a normal villain in the sense that she doesn't oppose the main characters. She doesn't have any evil plans which must be thwarted or goals which will destroy the world. But I find her more chilling than most of the super psychopaths in anime because she's so evil in a real-world sense. She's involved in your standard drugs and weapons, but has no qualms against assassination, torture, and even darker pursuits. I think perhaps this is the most disturbing scene, causing even her hardened second to comment, "That was hard, Capitan. Just watching gave me the chills"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'd have to go for either Lelouch (Code Geass doesn't really have a true villain so) or Aizen. What can I say...I like characters that are smart, it leads to fun surprises because they are miles ahead in strategy. ^^
    Let me guess... american? Yout think the empire opressing japan wouldn't and it's head wouldn't be a villain?

On topic: Orochimaru, through flashbacks he was revelaed to be a very relatable villain.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2013-01-23 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    A few:

Wrath, FMA Brotherhood
    People have mentioned several of the homunculi and Father, but Wrath stands out the most for me. Why?

First, because he remains unbeaten. At no point do the good guys face him down equally. Scar mentions that if it had been a remotely fair fight (i.e. Bradley wasn't wounded, missing his eye, and about 20-30 years past his prime) that it wouldn't have even been a contest.

Second, his final scene is perfect. FMA's main theme is really about hubris and its consequences, and nowhere is that better exemplified than Wrath's defeat. He declares, "There is no God in this world!" as he stands victorious over Scar. At that very moment the eclipse shifts through the hole in the ceiling, reflecting off his blade and blinding him, resulting in his death.

Third, there is a sort of honor in him. He mentions that he has real pride in being a homunculus. When he's vanquished he doesn't suddenly fall to pieces. And when Lan Fan tries to lecture him he just cuts her off. This isn't some guy that at the end is going to fall apart, seeing the error of his ways at the hands of a teenage girl. He lived a long, complex life and has little regret in his actions and will not be pontificated to. These attributes are the sort that you would normally associate with the protagonist, and which make him much more striking than most villains.
    I was just about to say something like this. He is such a good char. His final battle was so good. My favorite character from the series by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Perfect Cell from DBZ and Griffith from Berserk are up there for me. I'm sure there are others but those are the first two that come to mind.

Your favourite villain is a rapist?

most asshole villain: envy from fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. switching to some1 dearest to the victim before he kills them so that they cant fight him
    most badass villain: wrath from fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. if you know him you know it's true
    most evil-mastermind villain: gonna go with aizen. you never knew what that bastard was gonna do next
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    Also Orochimaru from Naruto. I like his voice and his style. He's psycho to the bone, a true villain.
    I have to agree with this one. He's not the most powerful villain ever, and his motives are pretty cliché. But the combination of his voice acting and his methods, combined with him being always present in the other character's heads and paths, even if indirectly, makes for one of my favourite villains in anime/manga, and my number one favourite from Naruto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.