Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

50-55 supposed to take 1 month to level??

i heard that since players play through content so fast in swtor, the devs are making it so that it will take the average player about a month to get the 5 levels from 50-55!! i loved this game when it came out but they just keep making it harder and harder! i can never get HK - and now i'll never have a 55 char!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zentost View Post
    i heard that since players play through content so fast in swtor, the devs are making it so that it will take the average player about a month to get the 5 levels from 50-55!! i loved this game when it came out but they just keep making it harder and harder! i can never get HK - and now i'll never have a 55 char!
    if they change it to take 1month to lvl 55 then you will have a lvl 55 in 1 month

Deleted
    I wish we have that problem in wow..

Quote Originally Posted by raas View Post
    i heard they do - wow is freaking tough as hell...i hear it takes like 3 bill xp to get to lvl 84-85.....

i never got past 20 because it takes so long and the quests are hard as hell, in swtor stuffs more linear and enjoyable....and u can glean through mobs faster....

10+ Year Old Account
    The dev's from blizzard should get a tutoring session from the guys at tor with this move, still amazed they can't understand, that easier content / more nerfs = consumed fast = bored players or more frequent patches.

It's actually good if it means that there will be TOOOOOOOONS of quests to do on Makeb to get that lvl 55. And not grinding mobs trololo

I think that should be pointed here, now what is average in Swtor atm? I dont know, but am sure that its not much more than 5-10 hours a week, and boom thats a day or two if you play it straight..

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    It's actually good if it means that there will be TOOOOOOOONS of quests to do on Makeb to get that lvl 55. And not grinding mobs trololo
    yeah but with swtor it never was about grinding mobs - you can do 1-50 real quick just by questing, and dailies

Deleted
    Most people in my guild have multiple level 50s, even the super casual players with job, children and lots of non-gaming hobbies at least two. Forcing us to spend a month to reach 55 per char without offering a class story would be completely bizarre. I also doubt they have enough content to do that

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Most people in my guild have multiple level 50s, even the super casual players with job, children and lots of non-gaming hobbies at least two. Forcing us to spend a month to reach 55 per char without offering a class story would be completely bizarre. I also doubt they have enough content to do that
    I will take your words as comfort...thank you!

yeah but with swtor it never was about grinding mobs - you can do 1-50 real quick just by questing, and dailies

Yep idd I just can't imagine so much stuff on one planet. Maybe Bioware will actually impress me.

i heard they do - wow is freaking tough as hell...i hear it takes like 3 bill xp to get to lvl 84-85.....
    Not sure if this is sarcasm but you can do that in less than 24 hours, even quicker if you're rested. No where near a month. :\

i never got past 20 because it takes so long and the quests are hard as hell, in swtor stuffs more linear and enjoyable....and u can glean through mobs faster....
    not sure if serious?
    but leveling in wow has been made to be much faster. especially 80-85.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryl View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcasm but you can do that in less than 24 hours, even quicker if you're rested. No where near a month. :\

WoW and hard in one sentence will always be sarcasm unless they talk about that 0.1% of content, you know that end boss on heroic (if you haven't killed it apparently you can't call the game easy).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    The dev's from blizzard should get a tutoring session from the guys at tor with this move, still amazed they can't understand, that easier content / more nerfs = consumed fast = bored players or more frequent patches.
    We did have 'this problem' in WoW for ages but then people realised that 1-60 levelling totally sucked. The levelling system in WoW is much easier than what it used to be.

Some really casual casuals don't have a single character @lvl 50. Hey at least you'd had a reason to log some of your lvl 50 chars into the game. I kinda tend to agree that SWTOR took the "grinding" component completely out of the game which is why they have "content" issues (but not only because of that)

Deleted
    The length of a leveling process dosn`t stand for quality (aka Fun). Really why do people keep this stupid argument? Instead of killing 15 Mobs group you kill 30 now you you have nearly double palytime, but is it fun? How but cut the XP in half, now we have fourth time the leveling duration, must be a realy quality game....

A good game has a good pacing, like a good movie/Book, while they have it only in story, games need to have it in gameplay. Admittly MMO market is old and i don`t know a single game right now, which has good pacing, though the best is still WoW.

Often the boredness comes from lack of varity in enemies (as in skills et they use, always the same, different skins, same group setups), lacking skill in early and mid game which don`t synchergize well ( and don`t start with learning the game, most learned isn`t relevant in endgame and i don`t need 4-5 days playtime to learn a class [time it casualy leveling took in swtor for me].

But the big take home message, level duration is not a quality sign, pacing is!

source please otherwise can some mod close this thread please ?

very hard to believe
    makeb would have to be as bis as the rest of the whole game to make a statement like that true and I doubt that very much.
    unless, of course they expect you to level through dailies, warzones, flashpoints and operations, which would be terrible.

Well, SWTOR offers the best content in the game when your not at max level.

Funny how that is. Maybe that's why so many people quit after a couple months.