Poll: Which cinematic do you think was better overall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They were both fantastic in different ways.

I will say this though, at some points during the ESO trailer, I found myself squinting at some of the close ups on the characters thinking "is that real?"

i thought the elder scrolls trailer was better. the faces looked pretty awesome, also the movement of each fighter etc, plus the standoff at the end.

didn't really like the hots trailer that much, just some random zerg attack charging stupidly into a line of siege tanks. yeah. not that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn has better cinematic than both of these.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I mean what did you expect really? You can come a forum full of Blizzard fan boys. Do you really think TES:O is going to win?

but this is what I am loving about it. TES:O is hopefully going to slide under the carpet of these ignorant folk. That way they stick with way and don't ruin probably one fot he best franchises in modern gaming.

I find it hard to believe anyone would pick the starcraft tailor over the TES one. It looked bland and boring.

Deleted
    i dont even play starrcraft but i think it just beats ESO trailer. blizzard are amazing at trailers and cinematics.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone would pick the starcraft tailor over the TES one. It looked bland and boring.
    I am a rabid elder scrolls fanboy and I preferred the SC2 trailer, if you removed the text there is nothing to really tell its elder scrolls and not a generic fantasy game.
    Its awsome dont get me wrong but It had nothing that makes it elder scrolls (comparing it to the feeling of the skyrim trailer with the nordic spin on the morrowind theme which gave me rampant nerd chills)
    In the SC2 trailer the marine/siege tank lines being charged by ultra and link hordes is unmistakable, grand and feels alot more epic to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn has better cinematic than both of these.
    Well its a good thing thats not what this fucking thread is about.

Anyway, I am really undecided which one I like more. The big crazy action scenes in the HOTS were really fucking awesome, but as others have said, ho man that CGI in the ESO trailer was surprisingly amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    I am a rabid elder scrolls fanboy and I preferred the SC2 trailer, if you removed the text there is nothing to really tell its elder scrolls and not a generic fantasy game.
    Its awsome dont get me wrong but It had nothing that makes it elder scrolls (comparing it to the feeling of the skyrim trailer with the nordic spin on the morrowind theme which gave me rampant nerd chills)
    In the SC2 trailer the marine/siege tank lines being charged by ultra and link hordes is unmistakable, grand and feels alot more epic to me.

thats really the problem with the genre, hard to make a trailer/cinematic for an rpg game thats not simmilar to a previous one. i really liked the ES trailer, but i think Starcraft trailer just beats it, and i dont even play/like starcraft.

I liked them both, SC2 felt alittle bit more epic though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    The starcraft trailer didnt do anything for me, didnt give me goosebumps or anything, just looked like some action film to me. The eso one wasnt amazing either but it did have some 'ooo' bits. Personally i prefer the FF14 a realm reborn trailer , THAT gave me goosebumps.

I mean what did you expect really? You can come a forum full of Blizzard fan boys. Do you really think TES:O is going to win?

but this is what I am loving about it. TES:O is hopefully going to slide under the carpet of these ignorant folk. That way they stick with way and don't ruin probably one fot he best franchises in modern gaming.

I don't think I have it in me to put a series up on a pedastal above all others and then call other people fanboys, so I thought I'd ask you...

Is it fun being such a hypocrite? I mean, I see people do it so often there must be some kind of appeal to it...

Yes, let's try and piss off as many people as possible in 1 short post!

Plenty of here will prefer TES:O. I am looking forward more to TES:O than SC2:HOTS but I was unimpressed with the trailer. It was ok, nothing amazing. Didn't catch me at all. The HOTS one was much more interesting as it actually left me something to think about afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think ill hve to go the HOTS be cause that was fluid and you could always see what was going on. in TES:O during there cave fighting scenes there were several times i felt it was hard to keep track of what was going on and it was more or less a blur, that being said it had some nice quality but i like the blizzard style cinematic better

Deleted
    Though I'm not a fan of Starcraft, I have to say the Starcraft one was better overall.

In terms of looks, Elder Scrolls one beats the Starcraft one, for it looks much better. However, it's just boring, just some fighting, no background, no showing us some heroes, not even showing us all the races. The Starcraft one has some lore, something to make you interested and such, and this brings it ahead.

I liked them both but the elder scrolls one was better because HotS was all a dream. I can dream destroying a city too. At least the elder scrolls one was real.

HOTS trailer was pretty epic. But im feeling teased...

- We clearly see Banelings roll towards the terran line, but no impact -_-. Would love to see both marines and siege tanks being hit by banelings.

- Was hoping to see some kind of exploding ultralisk from a tank shot. The impact on one ultra was cool, but it would be awesome to see flying kaiser blades left and right

I also feel the terran arsenal was lacking, especially considering the introduction of several new units. All we really saw was siege tanks, marines and vikings. Would love to see some helions.

The viking landing was very good.

Deleted
    HotS wins because of drama, scale and stylized visuals.

TESO wins out on character models and animations.

I liked them both, but I have to go with Elder Scrolls Online for sheer badass value.

The eso one was pretty flat. I mean, removing any labels from the video, could anyone say that this is elder scrolls? I think not. Nothing in there to give that elder scroll feeling that could make it different from the other mmos. But as video quality goes, it was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    HOTS trailer has a female gnome in it, win by default.
    buhahahah

ok guys that's it, there's our gnome in a cinematic!