Page 1 of 3
LastLast

One reason we won't see Ogres as a playable race.

Doorways.

Doorways are already a problem for the larger races of wow such as the Tauren. many of which Tauren cannot pass through mounted, this problem extends to the other larger races also I would think, Such as Draenei. Someone please comment on this, as I'm not much of an Alliance player.

How many doorways would Blizz have to redesign to acommodate a race that is naturally quite a bit larger than tauren ingame? I suppose the ogres could be shrank to near tauren size, but... what's the point of a little ogre?

Thoughts? Discuss.
    Last edited by IronAegis; 2013-01-23 at 11:57 PM.

But i wanted to be a Night Elf Ogre!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to just explain that we play a tribe that is sized smaller than other ogres for whatever reason.

For me the larger difficulty is figuring out how to make dual-heads work.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard can tone down thier playerble size, thats why they have designers you know. Also Ogres and Taurens aren't that much different in size.

My bet has always been that if ogres join the horde it will be because of Rexxar, it can and it will work
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-23 at 11:41 PM.

Why would the player controlled version have to be larger than a Tauren? NPCs which are of a certain race and are catergorized as a boss are already larger than their player controlled counterparts. It wouldn't be too game breaking to make ogres that are PCs smaller than what they are in lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doorways are usually plenty large enough to fit through. Why should doors accommodate people riding in on their mounts? You don't see people riding their F16s through the front door of the Hilton.

Deleted
    Yeah, so long as they can run through unmounted, it's fine. Some doors cut it a bit fine for Tauren, though.

There are also no female ogres. Well, that's assuming they're not a dimorphic species.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-01-24 at 12:01 AM. Reason: grammar is hard :(

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    There are also no female ogres.
    Of course there are. They just don't have a model yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember back before they had Ogre-boxers, and they were larger in scale to players too. To me, the only reason I need for no Ogre player race is the memory of those massive,warty buttcheeks in my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    We won't see Ogres as a playable class, because they're not a class, they're a race.
    Haha, thanks for catching that. fixed.

Shampro

Because Blizzard can tone down thier playerble size, thats why they have designers you know. Also Ogres and Taurens aren't that much different in size.

My bet has always been that if ogres join the horde it will be because of Rexxar, it can and it will work
    I agree a downsize would be the easiest solution. And I would love to see Rexxar be brought in as an main storyline character. always was my favorite orc.

Not saying I don't like the idea of Ogres btw.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Doorways are usually plenty large enough to fit through. Why should doors accommodate people riding in on their mounts? You don't see people riding their F16s through the front door of the Hilton.
    I Agree that it's less than polite to come tooling into the any given building on my Kodo, but damn it if it isn't convenient. haha.

There are also no female ogres. Well, that's assuming they're not a dimorphic species.
    Of course there are female ogres. Your eyes just refuse to acknowledge them.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Of course there are female ogres. Your eyes just refuse to acknowledge them.
    I'm certainly not trying to peak under any loincloths.

Deleted
    Most of the humanoid "hero" NPCs are about 9 feet tall anyway regardless of race.

Ogres would be really annoying to group with though, neat as they are.

Hey, has everyone forgotten the datamined Hallow's End masks that heralded the Worgen and Goblins as playable races?

That's a female ogre, my dear!

Also, don't forget about the Ogre Mask F and the Ogre Female Mask!
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-01-24 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Hey, has everyone forgotten the datamined Hallow's End masks that heralded the Worgen and Goblins as playable races?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...10128masks.jpg

That's a female ogre, my dear!

Also, don't forget about the Ogre Mask F and the Ogre Female Mask!
    Oh so they're hanging out with all the playable nagas and demon hunters, eh?

Oh so they're hanging out with all the playable nagas and demon hunters, eh?
    You bet they are!

I'm just saying, there is a Blizzard concept for female Ogres, though there are no full models in game.

You mean because they have two heads to hit on doorframes?

Ouch! Watch where you going stupid!

No YOU watch where you going!

Quote Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
    I agree a downsize would be the easiest solution. And I would love to see Rexxar be brought in as an main storyline character. always was my favorite orc.
    Half-Orc :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ogre is the one race I would get exited if they were adding to the game. I'm not really one for lore so I don't know how or under what circumstances this would work but oh boy I would play me some Ogres.
    Hi Sephurik