10+ Year Old Account

Question 5.2 Disc/Shadow priest stats help

Currently I am playing Disc/Shadow. Neither is my mainspec cause i switch between them very often.

Have a couple of question regarding 5.2 priest which some of you number cruncher might know.

5.2 Disc priest:
    Due to the nerf of SS and Mana. Should i be reforging more into crit instead to get more divine aegis procs or should I still go mastery>crit>haste
    With the massive spirit nerf to rapture, should I stack more spirit on my gear to compensate? (320 spirit gems to take an example)

5.2 Shadow priest
    Due to the nerf/buff to devouring plague should I stack more mastery due to the dot part dealing 80% of total damage now?
    Is there any new haste breakpoints I might be able to hit with new gear I should know about.

If these few questions could be answered I would be a happy draenai.

Best regards,
    Saphyron.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Patch notes are changing way too often to state stats and priority right now, but from what i ve tried on ptr:

Shadow: sw:insanity + 1 orb devouring plague roation seems to be the best choice for single target. Using sw:i 1 orb rotation our dots do 80% of dmg, which is much more than they are doing on live servers right now, therefore mastery value is much higher too, probably the top stat after 8086 haste plateau. With new gear there will be reachable 30% haste breakpoint for VT which is about 10400 haste. Currenlty its 8086 because of our set bonus

Discipline: I see two ways, how it can be played. I prefer the first one
    1. lower spirit, high crit and haste for heavy atonement + PoH healing
    2. higher spirit and mastery for shield spamming.
    Also the stat priority may change between different encounters.

For Disc, Crit and Haste seem to be about equal right now, from what I recall. Haste obviously consumes more mana, while crit is random. The first you can control, the second you cannot. For me, this means that haste is slightly superior, though crit isn't bad.

Unless you're going to spam PW:S (I doubt you are with that mana cost), mastery is in the toilet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Patch notes are changing way too often to state stats and priority right now, but from what i ve tried on ptr:

Shadow: sw:insanity + 1 orb devouring plague roation seems to be the best choice for single target. Using sw:i 1 orb rotation our dots do 80% of dmg, which is much more than they are doing on live servers right now, therefore mastery value is much higher too, probably the top stat after 8086 haste plateau. With new gear there will be reachable 30% haste breakpoint for VT which is about 10400 haste. Currenlty its 8086 because of our set bonus

Discipline: I see two ways, how it can be played. I prefer the first one
    1. lower spirit, high crit and haste for heavy atonement + PoH healing
    2. higher spirit and mastery for shield spamming.
    Also the stat priority may change between different encounters.
    Would you not want higher spirit for heavy atonement + Prayer of Healing since it ooms us if we keep spamming it like a mofo.

Currently on live i have 11500 spirit or so with flask and food and if i go pure atonement healing (penance + holy fire of CD + smite spamming) ill go oom if the fight last longer than 8min. Though with the changes to solace talent that would properly not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Unless you're going to spam PW:S (I doubt you are with that mana cost), mastery is in the toilet.
    Yearh after they changed it so its only a 25% reduction of mana cost im properly not gonna use pw:s for anythign other than panic shields and rapture.

Though you have to remember mastery still benefits our divine aegis. Personally I think the new stat changes will be crit>mastery>haste
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Would you not want higher spirit for heavy atonement + Prayer of Healing since it ooms us if we keep spamming it like a mofo.
    Currently on live i have 11500 spirit or so with flask and food and if i go pure atonement healing (penance + holy fire of CD + smite spamming) ill go oom if the fight last longer than 8min. Though with the changes to solace talent that would properly not happen.
    3k haste, 10500 spirit and mindbender is fine for me, a lot mana gain comes from rapture with trinket procs, which will be nerfed, but solace should make up for it.

I agree with crit being top stat, randomness isnt so mad if u use small heals often .. atonement and prayer.