Page 1 of 34
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

North Korea prepares for more nuke tests - US main target

Apparently it's not a surprise to the people that know North Korea, but that they state this so openly is pretty defiant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21175466

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    North Korea says a lot of things.
    They've done two tests before. But North Korea is a bit like a bad internet meme's, you can't be sure if they're serious or just stupid.

But I suppose everyone, even China, looks at North Korea like NK is an unruly child. But it might actually be dangerous when you put a nuke in the hands of that child.

Great, 'cos the US needs more reasons to be even more paranoid and war-hungry.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    They've done two tests before. But North Korea is a bit like a bad internet meme's, you can't be sure if they're serious or just stupid.

But I suppose everyone, even China, looks at North Korea like NK is an unruly child. But it might actually be dangerous when you put a nuke in the hands of that child.
    Probably also because China is up against the country, so any retaliation would most likely hit them too.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

They say they're trying to make a statement; that they won't be bullied into compliance.
    They didn't say they were literally aiming missiles at the US. Merely that they're purposefully continuing their missile tests in order to piss the US off.

Which is not actually undeserved, by the way. Stupid, and reckless, and you shouldn't be doing that with nukes anyway, but North Korea is nothing if not stupid and reckless.

We need to deal with N korea sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2013-01-24 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    We need to deal with S korea sooner rather than later.
    What'd south korea ever do?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    What'd south korea ever do?
    They keep beating us at Starcraft tournaments. We cannot let that assault upon your superiority stand.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    They keep beating us at Starcraft tournaments. We cannot let that assault upon your superiority stand.
    To be fair, most of Europe beats you at Starcraft tournaments as well.

Did you ever wonder if it's not just the fact that your internet sucks? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    To be fair, most of Europe beats you at Starcraft tournaments as well.

Did you ever wonder if it's not just the fact that your internet sucks? :P
    Well since most real Tournaments have the contestants in the same place, that isn't really a valid excuse.

What a waste of money and time.

Well since most real Tournaments have the contestants in the same place, that isn't really a valid excuse.
    US players are so used to lag that they simply go into shock when they don't have to play with it.

Also you need to insert the mandatory "Korean gamers don't have fun, its like a military camp they live in training everyday, in America we have fun playing our games. Y so srs?"

It is when you consider the fact that people on the US ladder train with poor internet.

So... Where have we gotten from here?
    The US has poor internet. They lose at Starcraft, possibly because of it. So they bully other countries into compliance.
    Meanwhile, South Korea is beating everything apart from Sweden and Romania automatically.
    North Korea will not stand for South Korean supremacy, as we all know.
    So they're starting an arms race with the US, so that the US will increase its technological level and wipe the floor with South Korea in Starcraft!

YES! That MUST be it! Someone hand me a towel!

It is when you consider the fact that people on the US ladder train with poor internet.

So... Where have we gotten from here?
    The US has poor internet. They lose at Starcraft, possibly because of it. So they bully other countries into compliance.
    Meanwhile, South Korea is beating everything apart from Sweden and Romania automatically.
    North Korea will not stand for South Korean supremacy, as we all know.
    So they're starting an arms race with the US, so that the US will increase its technological level and wipe the floor with South Korea in Starcraft!

YES! That MUST be it! Someone hand me a towel!
    Ironically the US doesn't have poor internet, if you look only at our population centers. If you average the coverage across miles and miles (kilometers and kilometers, since conversions are hard for metric lovers) of little to not populated country, then yes, the internet sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically the US doesn't have poor internet, if you look only at our population centers. If you average the coverage across miles and miles (kilometers and kilometers, since conversions are hard for metric lovers) of little to not populated country, then yes, the internet sucks.
    we are ranked 12th overall even with Alaska having poor internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Shh! You're ruining my tinfoil hat George R. Martin-style cloak and dagger cross-continental diplomacy theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    we are ranked 12th overall even with Alaska having poor internet
    What measure are you using? Where are you getting this information?

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 07:05 AM ----------

Shh! You're ruining my tinfoil hat George R. Martin-style cloak and dagger cross-continental diplomacy theory!
    Martin is a hack. Try some Erikson or Abercrombie or Wolfe :P

Deleted
    Maybe we are counting the last days of the us as a nation?

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Maybe we are counting the last days of the us as a nation?
    Sure if you read the ridiculous title and not the actual story.