10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Download speeds are painful. I've been trying to get this patch downloaded for the past 3 hours.
    Indeed, they had to let people to download the patch some hours before the open beta.

Deleted
    Great ideas, problem is the coding.

Game devs need to learn that coding is the most important part of any game.

Deleted
    Tested it, played it, not my game

Deleted
    I'm currently struggling to download this 7mb patch

Bahh first HC death at level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Great ideas, problem is the coding.

Game devs need to learn that coding is the most important part of any game.
    Pretty sure they are aware of that, and during one of the interview in the last week Chris(lead dev) said that Jonathan had done all the programing for it...1 guy!
    And tbh what he has here whilst not perfect is prety damn good compared to some Big companies

Deleted
    Need to download 5.10GB lol. I thought it was less.

It always goes up and down, strangely, from 100 kb to 800kb per sec. Pretty odd that the download speed doesn't have consistency.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-24 at 03:01 PM.

What do LMP and LS stand for? They're gems (as far as I know). I think LS = Lightning Strike? not sure about the other

edit: nvm, LS = lightning strike. lmp = lesser multiple projectiles

I still don't know how may people are playing this, would love to know the number, but nvm.

I tried it. PoE lookes like a +5 years old game in the screenshots and like a +7 years old game while playing it. It does not only looks old, it plays old. Sluggish controls, archaic inventory system and whole interface, needlessly complicated skill system which only takes our precius time to think on it, it feels like playing a game from the past. This is not a good sign.

If you are looking for Diablo 2 updated to 2005 and you are agains't evolving your taste, well, play it, I probably won't, it just feels too old, it feels like standing in one place, being stuck to 2005 or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    If you are looking for Diablo 2 updated to 2005 and you are agains't evolving your taste, well, play it, I probably won't, it just feels too old, it feels like standing in one place, being stuck to 2005 or smth.
    What is up to date taste ... polished, shallow, easy, void of atmosphere ? I think I am ok with staying in the past

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    complicated skill system which only takes our precius time to think on it, it feels like playing a game from the past. This is not a good sign.
    Yes it is (IMHO)

During the closed Beta I tried a shadow. I kind of expected to be dashing all over the place (kind of finesse char), but thought this wasn't really the case at all.
    Are there a lot of 'flash/teleport' kind of skills? I didn't get very far, but only had whirling blades, which I found a bit meh.

I guess my question would be, what would be the best class if I want to be kind of squishy (I dislike tanking characters), but can zoom all over the place in order to survive? Even though I got bored of Diablo3 very fast, I did kind of like my Sorceress where I would have to teleport all the time to avoid being hit.

Thanks, and cheers!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't know how may people are playing this, would love to know the number, but nvm.

I tried it. PoE lookes like a +5 years old game in the screenshots and like a +7 years old game while playing it. It does not only looks old, it plays old. Sluggish controls, archaic inventory system and whole interface, needlessly complicated skill system which only takes our precius time to think on it, it feels like playing a game from the past. This is not a good sign.

If you are having fun playing the game. The number of people won't affect you. Stop worrying what other people are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Fun fact: There are only 2 animators for the game. Until recently, 1.

GGG are good but still an indie developer.
    I didn't realize there were so few people working on the game. Pretty impressive game for that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I didn't realize there were so few people working on the game. Pretty impressive game for that then.
    Theres like 18 people total in their team, the chat moderators in the game like Charan are diamond supporters that volunteered.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Yes it is (IMHO)

During the closed Beta I tried a shadow. I kind of expected to be dashing all over the place (kind of finesse char), but thought this wasn't really the case at all.
    Are there a lot of 'flash/teleport' kind of skills? I didn't get very far, but only had whirling blades, which I found a bit meh.

I guess my question would be, what would be the best class if I want to be kind of squishy (I dislike tanking characters), but can zoom all over the place in order to survive? Even though I got bored of Diablo3 very fast, I did kind of like my Sorceress where I would have to teleport all the time to avoid being hit.

Thanks, and cheers!
    You can go through all the different skills here: http://www.pathofexile.com/skills There is complete list for each attribute. If you look at dexterity gems there is Flicker Strike:

Teleports the character to a nearby monster and attacks it with a melee weapon. If no specific monster is chosen, one is picked at random. The cooldown can be bypassed by expending a Frenzy Charge.
    Or if you look at intelect gems there is a more magic oriented Lightning Wrap:

Casts a delayed teleport to a target destination. When the teleport occurs, lightning damage is dealt to the area around both where the player was and where they teleported to.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Had to restart 5 Hardcore characters due to the constant disconnections.

This is bullshit. I'm done.
    It's essentially the same as D3, of course you're going to have lag issues in the beginning.

Although I only had 2 or 3 big lag spikes, and no small ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

PoE lookes like a +5 years old game in the screenshots and like a +7 years old game while playing it. It does not only looks old, it plays old. Sluggish controls, archaic inventory system and whole interface, needlessly complicated skill system which only takes our precius time to think on it, it feels like playing a game from the past. This is not a good sign.

I get the impression you didn't play for long...early levels are supposed to be sluggish then as you build your character around active skills it becomes a hell of a lot faster.
    As for the passive tree being "needlessly complicated" thats your opinion and your entitled to it but i'm not going to agree with you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Need to download 5.10GB lol. I thought it was less.

It always goes up and down, strangely, from 100 kb to 800kb per sec. Pretty odd that the download speed doesn't have consistency.
    Because of large downloading quantity, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Pretty sure they are aware of that, and during one of the interview in the last week Chris(lead dev) said that Jonathan had done all the programing for it...1 guy!
    And tbh what he has here whilst not perfect is prety damn good compared to some Big companies
    Neah, tbh it's terrybad codewise.

needlessly complicated skill system which only takes our precius time to think on it, it feels like playing a game from the past. This is not a good sign.
    Personally, I think PoE is *easily* the best ARPG out there. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy TL2's class trees, and I'm even planning on making a custom class once GUTS is released. I'm still backing Grim Dawn, because their take on the genre with Titan Quest was exceptionally good and I have faith that Crate will put out an enjoyable game. But PoE has so many systems going for it that it has near limitless replayability, and the passive skill system is absolutely brilliant.

If you dislike thinking in a game, then I suggest you take a look Progress Quest. It might be right up your alley.