Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

We can only somewhat confirm the first one; that the next class will more than likely wear mail armor. That fact alone disqualifies Demon Hunters from contention. That was also one of my arguments against the class in the first place.
    Necromancers in WOW wear Cloth, Death Knight Unholy spec is a Necromancer.
    Shadow Hunters, Witch Doctors, Shaman Wore Cloth in the Warcraft RTS games, they wear Mail in WOW.
    Rangers, Dark Rangers wore what looked like cloth and leather in Warcraft RTS, Hunters wear Mail.
    Druids in Diablo and Warcraft RTS wore plants and Cloth, they wear leather in WOW.
    Warlocks in RTS wore Plate armor in WOW they wear Cloth.

Just because they run around bare chested in the RTS does not mean they wear Cloth or Leather.

The only clue to what a Demon Hunter's armor type is comes to us from The Burning Crusade and the only Female Demon Hunter.

Alandien

She has the rogue shoulders with a Plate Chest piece.

What does this mean? Blizzard can put Demon Hunters in any gear they want. As long as their sets have the Iconic looks.

As I said you have no evidence besides your own hate, we have in game examples, we have comments by the Developers that they almost did Demon Hunters but decided to wait and do Death Knights first. We have recent comments by Chris Metzen saying they are going to bring someone back from the dead. We have the gap in Mail, we have the needs which make another class fit in an unusual way. Then we have additional clues in game with quests and Easter eggs.

So far all you do is say Nope don't like them go away. So my question to you is Why da fuk did you make a thread if you are no open to other ideas?

I ask you what class? It has to fit the basic needs and requirements

1. Mail Armor
    2. Popular
    3. Tank/Heal/DPS
    4. Hero Class
    5. Has to be something already in WOW

I have shown. Armor type is just a name.
    You can see what is most popular.
    Examples of how to make them into healers and Tanks have been shown repeatedly.
    They are the Iconic Hero Class - and can even have Illidan as leader, if Metzen does what most thinks he does.
    They have been in WOW this whole time, some in leather, some in plate.

If you have played Tera, I think the warrior class in Tera is very much what a demon hunter could feel like, especially for a tank class.

The warrior in Tera is a dual wield melee user who uses fancy and elaborate flourishes and strikes while weaving in and out of melee range from enemies using an addictive dodge like mechanic you control with a short cool down, very much like evading in Darksiders or Zelda but without a target lock on.

Basically sort of an instant dodge like the Pandaren racial that has them rolling as a ball.

The warrior in Tera is dps, but using their acrobatic side flips to dodge out of the way and stay behind their enemies, it's a fun way to tank and it makes me think a active movement like acrobatic dodge could work in WOW seeing the Pandaren racial ability.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    IMG]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070715112010/wowwiki/images/8/88/Alandien.jpg[/IMG]
    Yeah but that's a female Demon Hunter so the bare-chested look wouldn't go over so well :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    If you have played Tera, I think the warrior class in Tera is very much what a demon hunter could feel like, especially for a tank class.

The warrior in Tera is a dual wield melee user who uses fancy and elaborate flourishes and strikes while weaving in and out of melee range from enemies using an addictive dodge like mechanic you control with a short cool down, very much like evading in Darksiders or Zelda but without a target lock on.

Basically sort of an instant dodge like the Pandaren racial that has them rolling as a ball.

The warrior in Tera is dps, but using their acrobatic side flips to dodge out of the way and stay behind their enemies, it's a fun way to tank and it makes me think a active movement like acrobatic dodge could work in WOW seeing the Pandaren racial ability.
    You can't put action game mechanics like that into WoW, which is an RPG. Imagine a tank that takes 0 damage in a fight because he physically moves out of the way of all the boss' attacks. Little OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To all the people who like to complain about "Blizzard likes money"... I take it you don't? Feel free to send me all of yours.

And they all seem to be blind as well, even though Illidan's eyes were burned out by Sargeras himself (retcon pending no doubt).
    you dont know much about demon hunter lore if you think demon hunters dont have their own blinding ritual seperate from how illidan got his eyes...

after a demon hunter finishes training fel tattoos are carved onto his skin then he catches a demon and kills it with an enchanted blade and puts the demons soul into the blade. the demon hunter then carves our their eyes and infuses the demons essence into their eye sockets replacing their eyes with fel fire enabling them to see the world in a different way. undead and demons glow even when disguised making it impossible to hide from a demon hunter with magic
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Demon Hunters running around in mail gear, shoulderpads, and two broad swords would just look stupid. It works for Death Knights because they're undead warriors and paladins (again, a broad archetype). It simply doesn't work that way for DHs.
    I don't give a damn what armor type Demon Hunters wear and I don't think a gap in armor types is evidence for anything, but that's just a ridiculously subjective statement wrapped up in arrogantly objective clothing. At this point I am suspecting you're more interested in entertaining a personality disorder than actually discussing anything.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has talked about Demon Hunters not being in TBC. They simply weren't ready fleshing out what a hero class meant and how they could go about it. They have in the past lamented the perfect opportunity the expansion presented for the demon hunter.

And it's more than Blizzard "loves money". Blizzard's artists and developers are fans of Warcraft just like the rest of us. Demon hunters are a personal favorite for developers as well as non developers, as is evident by the many easter eggs peppered throughout the game. They are the Boba Fett of Warcraft, next to Pandaren. Pandaren, who almost happened in TBC but were held back until 2012. Still not being in the game means nothing.
    Or they could just turn Demonology Warlocks into Demon Hunter Warlocks. Or add a 4th Warlock spec called Demon Hunter and make it true to the original WC3 hero without stepping on any toes (and allow Night Elves to roll Warlocks).

Guess what? It fits perfectly into the game, doesn't hurt other classes, it wears cloth armor, and Blizzard still makes its money.

Perfection.

Yeah but that's a female Demon Hunter so the bare-chested look wouldn't go over so well :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 11:46 PM ----------

You can't put action game mechanics like that into WoW, which is an RPG. Imagine a tank that takes 0 damage in a fight because he physically moves out of the way of all the boss' attacks. Little OP.
    Use your imagination and don't think in such blatantly literal terms. I am not talking about replicating the class or the experience, I am talking about inspiration to build something around as a feeling.

An evasion tank in WOW that spends part of their time physically avoiding DPS could make for an interesting class mechanic. Try looking at the idea again without such rigid blinders on.

A Brewmaster already does this with all of their kiting and snaring abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a damn what armor type Demon Hunters wear and I don't think a gap in armor types is evidence for anything, but that's just a ridiculously subjective statement wrapped up in arrogantly objective clothing. At this point I am suspecting you're more interested in entertaining a personality disorder than actually discussing anything.
    Dude, don't be silly. You know damn well you want your Demon Hunter to look like this;

Not like this;

Or they could just turn Demonology Warlocks into Demon Hunter Warlocks. Or add a 4th Warlock spec called Demon Hunter and make it true to the original WC3 hero without stepping on any toes (and allow Night Elves to roll Warlocks).

Guess what? It fits perfectly into the game, doesn't hurt other classes, it wears cloth armor, and Blizzard still makes its money.

Perfection.
    God, stop going in circles. I have already said demon hunters could work as a spec or a new class.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:53 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Teriz;19972664]Dude, don't be silly. You know damn well you want your Demon Hunter to look like this;

http://www.wowction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Illidan-Stormrage.jpg[/img]

No I don't want to look like that at all you obtuse troll, I want to look something evocative of this. Horns and wings ruin the look and bore me.

Last edited by Yig; 2013-01-24 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted

Perfection.
    Wow, your credibility has tanked.

if tied to warlocks
    a) DH tree uses caster gear, at which point it becomes the only melee-dps to be using the caster hit system, making them bizarrely not value expertise - I'm sure the other melee would love that. In addition, you'd be having to roll caster stats into a melee spec - which is exactly what blizzard DON'T want to do with holy paladins - they prefer holy plate to this, which says a lot.

b) DH tree uses leather (as it should), at which point warlocks become the only class in the game to be using a different armor type between one spec and another, a complete nightmare for gearing and, when the inevitable fight rolls around that the DH tree is "optimal" on, what then? Do guilds need to be syphoning gear away from "pure" agility classes to gear up their warlock for that encounter they're gamebreakingly good on?

Or they could just be a new class. With a melee dps, tank and other tree, a second dps tree would probably be easiest to justify. Making one dps tree mostly based on the demon hunter and demon-infused weapon based abilities, the other tree more based around utilizing demonic abilities or somesuch, hell - make that tree the only one that gets to use meta every now and again. I'm sure blizzard can come up with some way of distinguishing them with their veteran game design staff if I can come up with that in the 5minutes it takes to type the post.

That's without going into the problems with nelves being warlocks, the tin of worms it opens up with suddenly every other class feels entitled to a 4th spec, at which point blizzard are designing 10 or so more specs, each one stepping on the toes of each other and the existing ones MORE than a demon hunter ever would, the uproar from a sloppy DH implementation that doesn't satisfy the fans that have been waiting 8 years for it etc.

Fits perfectly my arse.
    On one hand, you're saying Demon Hunters don't have enough of a niche to fit anymore - which I can kinda understand, I fully agree that classes / specs shouldn't be added if they step on the toes of other classes. As much as I'd like to see a necromancer, I think at this point it would step on the toes of warlocks more than is safe.

On the other, you're saying that you seem open to giving other classes a 4th spec.

At which point

A) You're adding a HEAP of classes which x primary stat x armor type dps specs, which was one of the reasons you cited against added a demon hunter as it's own class.
    B) Risks stepping on the toes of other classes far more than a demon hunter will, at which point does the line between classes start to become blurred? Can they really make a melee hunter and ranged rogue spec fit, when already the rogue specs are in dire need of differentiating and the hunter specs aren't much better? You're avoiding adding ONE new class with three specs, that needs to avoid treading on the existing classes toes, to adding 11 talent trees that have to avoid stepping on our existing classes trees AND each others.

Adding another agility based CLASS doesn't matter much - there are still only 10-25 players in a raid (adding the demon hunter to a raid would be removing one of the other classes), adding new SPECS does matter, since those specs aren't taking up raid since if your warlock suddenly starts needing agility gear for his demon hunter spec, that's directly competing with the existing agility users in the raid - they've not gone anywhere.

You've also got all of the gear concerns I listed a few posts back, do your melee mages (as much as I'd love to see spell breakers), suddenly a complete mess to balance because they're meleeing while using spell hit, or do they need the melee hit levels, but require to get their expertise entirely through reforging? Is every class capable of playing ranged going to be pressured into that tree due to the overpowered nature of ranged classes on many fights? It's a tin of snakes that I doubt blizzard want to open.
    Oh, and that from a previous thread too. Because 4th specs are a terrible idea.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-01-24 at 11:57 PM.

Perfection.
    no. imagine you are blizzard. on one hand you could take the 2nd least played class in the game and not only upset a large portion of the playerbase that will complain that their class didnt get a 4th spec and also change mechanics so that one spec of a class uses a different armor type, different weapon types. ect ect basically making a new class with only one spec but calling it a 4th spec just so you dont have to make two seperate specs. you also lose out on alot of money.

OR on the other hand you add in THE MOST ASKED FOR CLASS IN THE HISTORY OF WARCRAFT and make lots of money, make a badass class that doesnt play anything like a warlock. make it wear mail so it fills in the gap in gear. and also give them unique vanity flavor, similar to how a monk has special attack animations i believe demon hunters should get their own running animation.

meta is a no issue. either make it some vanity spell like a worgens transform or make it a cooldown spell or something nobody really cares about meta the only people that bring it up is people who want warlocks to be the popular class.

again demon hunters ooze money. its what the playerbase wants. and since its pretty much confirmed that illidan s coming back somehow at somepoint im pretty sure its what blizz wants to
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Alandien

I suppose it must be said that there's exactly one reason this demon hunter is wearing a chestplate, and it isn't anything to do with lore. Well, two reasons. They're related, mind you. Right next to each other, if you will.

Now take the glaives off her and put some swords in. Put a helmet on her, because playable demon hunters will need to wear gear. Leave out eye holes if you must. Does she look like a demon hunter now? The answer is no. Turning off helm graphics is not a universal option here. If a character's full set graphic removes the iconic look, that's a serious problem.

And if they put in a healing spec for demon hunters, they will officially have crossed the Rubicon. We're talking Forsaken Paladins cubed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people want Demon Hunters Blizz will make them. If sub numbers are truly going down what better than friggin DEMON HUNTERS to bring people back. Everyone has a DH obsession i would not be surprised one bit to see them in a legion xpac. Blizzard can twist whatever they want to make them fit.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you dont know much about demon hunter lore if you think demon hunters dont have their own blinding ritual seperate from how illidan got his eyes...

after a demon hunter finishes training fel tattoos are carved onto his skin then he catches a demon and kills it with an enchanted blade and puts the demons soul into the blade. the demon hunter then carves our their eyes and infuses the demons essence into their eye sockets replacing their eyes with fel fire enabling them to see the world in a different way. undead and demons glow even when disguised making it impossible to hide from a demon hunter with magic
    Yes I know... but that's all a retcon.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    In any event, whatever malformed version of the demon hunter that may or may not hit WoW, it's going to be awful with lore rewritten and whatnot to make any sense of it.

Yes I know... but that's all a retcon.
    no its not... thats been the lore for A LONG TIME....

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Dude, don't be silly. You know damn well you want your Demon Hunter to look like this;

[img ]http://www.wowction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Illidan-Stormrage.jpg[/img]

Not like this;

[img ]http://www.creeptheprophet.com/wp-content/gallery/wow/WoWScrnShot_120708_113709.jpg[/img]
    So you want this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    In any event, whatever malformed version of the demon hunter that may or may not hit WoW, it's going to be awful with lore rewritten and whatnot to make any sense of it.
    what lore needs to be rewritten? the only lore that will soon be rewritten is most likely illidan ut the majority of demon hunter lore in and of itself does not need to be retconned in anyway. it fits perfectly within wow

Why are people convinced they should wear leather? Illidan appears to be wearing cloth. His Hulk pants anyway. They could create a new armor class - tattoos.

But yes anything other than mail would be pretty awkward in WoW's gear system. From a purely gameplay point of view what WoW needs in a new class would be a mail wearing ranged DPS with at least one healing spec. It really doesn't need any more tanks and definitely doesn't need any more melee DPS.

An evasion tank in WOW that spends part of their time physically avoiding DPS could make for an interesting class mechanic. Try looking at the idea again without such rigid blinders on.
    I disagree, I think it would absolutely be a gamebreaker.

Alandien

She has the rogue shoulders with porn plate.
    Fixed it for you.