Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Well, as others said, enchants.
    I personally prefer haste or gloves and boots.
    I would also get the ghost iron dragonling with haste, exp and hit over your blue trinket.
    Yeah, the enchants and trinkets I'm getting are really stamina focused. I've been helping bug-hunt for the AMR team, so I've been doing all my gearing off of it. I'm getting pushed waaaaay over the hard-cap I put on stamina, so I'll probably end up with more haste after I get a chance to talk to them about that.

I usually don't like to comment on talents and glyphs since people can change them around alot and often a reason a person have a specific talent. But seeing as others did it.
    It is my personal opinion to have LaoTL as Tier 1 talent and SW as Tier 5 talent. Replace holy prism with anything, it is garbage unless you are doing challenge modes.
    Any particular reason you choose LaoTL over the other two? I'm assuming that people are advocating SW or HA over DP because it gives you control over when you need the increased periods of damage reduction. Would the AW glyph be worth much in conjunction with SW?

Also, why is HP considered garbage outside of challenge modes?

Also just feel like while your reforging and gemming is on par, I feel like you have way to many "protection" pieces. You should work on replacing those tier pieces, boots, belt and ring(that one will be hard since it has high item level).

Remember to do sha and LFR in ret spec.
    I need to replace about half of my gear with pieces that drop for Ret only in LFR, I know. That's the purpose of the Ret set Helai saw and mentioned earlier. I'm going to keep doing Terrace as Prot until I get the damned sword, though. I'd like to actually do something with the gem in my bags.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Any particular reason you choose LaoTL over the other two? I'm assuming that people are advocating SW or HA over DP because it gives you control over when you need the increased periods of damage reduction. Would the AW glyph be worth much in conjunction with SW?
    Well, I made some arguments a long while back why I chose LAotL. For me, it gives the most mobility and the highest average movement speed gain.
    Dont really got alot of time atm, so can't go into details, maybe later. But I have my reasons I and just feel it is far superior to the other talents. I like PoJ on Emperors thougt. The 70% sprint got some situational use but I still prefer LAotL.

Also, why is HP considered garbage outside of challenge modes?
    It has a 20 second cooldown instead of 60 second. We do not have that many free GCDs and it is very low priority. If it was 200% stronger but with 60 sec cooldown it would be good, but the simple fact that we need to waste 3x more GCDs on it makes it trash. HoL is better for healing and AoE anyway and ES does more single target damage.

I need to replace about half of my gear with pieces that drop for Ret only in LFR, I know. That's the purpose of the Ret set Helai saw and mentioned earlier. I'm going to keep doing Terrace as Prot until I get the damned sword, though. I'd like to actually do something with the gem in my bags.
    Queue as dps and go tank for the fights you need loot from.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-01-16 at 09:47 PM.

Well, I made some arguments a long while back why I chose LAotL. For me, it gives the most mobility and the highest average movement speed gain.
    Dont really got alot of time atm, so can't go into details, maybe later. But I have my reasons I and just feel it is far superior to the other talents. I like PoJ on Emperors thougt. The 70% sprint got some situational use but I still prefer LAotL.

It has a 20 second cooldown instead of 60 second. We do not have that many free GCDs and it is very low priority. If it was 200% stronger but with 60 sec cooldown it would be good, but the simple fact that we need to waste 3x more GCDs on it makes it trash. HoL is better for healing and AoE anyway and ES does more single target damage.

Queue as dps and go tank for the fights you need loot from.
    +1 Firefly for moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I said this in another thread and he ignored me.

I never ignored you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Any particular reason you choose LaoTL over the other two? Would the AW glyph be worth much in conjunction with SW?.
    So some quick answer to you. The AW glyph is still terrible even with SW We just simply have better choices in glyphs.

I made a new thread with a bit of Tier 1 talent discussion. Basically, in my opinion. LAotL and Speed of Light wins on every fight. Some fights either one of those wins, on others it doesn't really matters, and sometimes it depends on your playstyle and how you kill the boss. PoJ is not even in the competition for a viable Tier 1 talent in my eyes.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post19869593

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac View Post
    Here is a link to SacredDuty.Net Thecks Blog. He has a write-up concerning haste breakpoints. If you can't get the answer here no one knows.

http://sacredduty.net/2012/11/21/has...for-tankadins/
    Thanks. Basically, it said that up to 50% you can stack haste without any real negative effect. After that point it starts to act unevenly. Until I get to 50%, I'm not too worried about the rest of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Thanks. Basically, it said that up to 50% you can stack haste without any real negative effect. After that point it starts to act unevenly. Until I get to 50%, I'm not too worried about the rest of it.
    Remember to realise the difference in spell haste and melee haste. It is our melee haste that soft caps at 50%.
    So don't stop stacking at 50% spell haste.

Deleted
    hello so my guild got some attempts on will of the emperor normal last night. i am ret main spec but we where missing a tank that evening so i tryed tanking it, and i just can't see what i was doing wrong i only got hit by 1 to 3 times over a ten minutes attempt i only used cds when out of devestating since there is no damage if you avoid all of of them and using big ones like goak on titan gas.

but i have never felt that squisy before, is it just the fight or is there something could do better?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u6a7u89sl3hv394j/

i am the palladin ashbringerll.
    Last edited by mmocb6436fb2ee; 2013-01-17 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Anyone know how much haste rating is needed for 30% and 50% spell haste with all raid buffs?

Also, would hitting the 30% and then going for mastery be ideal? Or would it still be better to go for haste considering the dps/heals increase?

(I assume the extra haste would still be worthwhile, but I figured I would check.)
    30%: about 6500 haste rating with SoI and 5% raid buff
    50%: about 12000 haste rating with SoI and 5% raid buff

I use LAotL because it is on a really short cooldown (5.2 seconds for me ) and has 3 second duration, and is fast enough to get me out of trouble. The Sprint is on too long a cooldown, and PoJ means you have to bank your HoPo for runspeed and can't keep ShoR'ing when you need to.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-01-17 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    30%: about 6500 haste rating with SoI and 5% raid buff
    50%: about 12000 haste rating with SoI and 5% raid buff

I use LAotL because it is on a really short cooldown (5.2 seconds for me ) and has 3 second duration, and is fast enough to get me out of trouble. The Sprint is on too long a cooldown, and PoJ means you have to bank your HoPo for runspeed and can't keep ShoR'ing when you need to.
    Depends on the fight. Speed of Light is godlike for bladelord tornados. PoJ is great for dancing. Speed of Light is also great for heroics as you can sprint between packs, I dunno its pretty open ended.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashll View Post
    hello so my guild got some attempts on will of the emperor normal last night. i am ret main spec but we where missing a tank that evening so i tryed tanking it, and i just can't see what i was doing wrong i only got hit by 1 to 3 times over a ten minutes attempt i only used cds when out of devestating since there is no damage if you avoid all of of them and using big ones like goak on titan gas.

but i have never felt that squisy before, is it just the fight or is there something could do better?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u6a7u89sl3hv394j/

i am the palladin ashbringerll.
    Sacred shield uptime could be improved, using crusader strike instead of HotR would help your dps but not survivability so much.

General useage of tank cooldowns could be improved, they could be popped a lot more often from the looks of it.

Pursuit of Justice might help for the dancing but depends on how well you can moderate your holy power useage.

Holy Prism is the worst end talent. Take Light's Hammer for more survivability or Execution Sentence for more dps.

Can't really say more without seeing an armory link of your prot stats.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-01-18 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    ill defently work on the sacred shield and tank cds, thank you.

is lights hammer that good for single target healing since it won't really hit anyone els for the fight or should i throw it at the ranged stacked group?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashll View Post
    ill defently work on the sacred shield and tank cds, thank you.

is lights hammer that good for single target healing since it won't really hit anyone els for the fight or should i throw it at the ranged stacked group?
    I used to throw it on the ranged camp during titan gas when I did normal mode.

World of Logs for Protection Paladin Help !!!

hey guys.

I was hoping you guys would be able to tell me some key things on what I should be looking for in my logs after a raid. I raid lead and I feel like my MT Prot Pally is focusing more on DPS then mitigating damage. I know DPS is a big part of tanks now, but I really think using a Darkmist Vortex is the wrong answer.. What uptimes and things should I be using as bench mark.. his gear is good 496 ish..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnasty78 View Post
    hey guys.

I was hoping you guys would be able to tell me some key things on what I should be looking for in my logs after a raid. I raid lead and I feel like my MT Prot Pally is focusing more on DPS then mitigating damage. I know DPS is a big part of tanks now, but I really think using a Darkmist Vortex is the wrong answer.. What uptimes and things should I be using as bench mark.. his gear is good 496 ish..
    Trinkets should be Ghost Iron Dragonling + Lei-Shin/Stam trinket. If you don't have Lei-Shin, Darkmist or the trash drop from MSV could work aswell.

Without logs and what exactly is your problem it is hard to tell what is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone in this thread links an armory, a log, and what they think might be a problem, wonders can be performed. Give us 2 and some can be done. Give us 1 and a little bit less. Give us none and there's nothing we can do
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnasty78 View Post
    hey guys.
    [...]What uptimes and things should I be using as bench mark.. his gear is good 496 ish..
    I would expect a paladin tank with a decent amount of haste to be able to maintain at the very least 40% uptime of ShoR, if not more than 45%.

Armory Link: I can't post links. Paladîn on Barthilas.
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Have all prot + non-spec specific glyphs. Don't raid with an offspec.
    Worldoflogs Link: Again, can't post links. Worldoflogs.com > United States > Barthilas-US > Arcadia
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Having problems with snap threat. Tonight on heroic elegon, I would taunt a protector over to me, then throw out all my high threat abilities(AS > Judgment > Prism > Wrath > Consecrate once I stop moving), but some dps were still managing to pull off me. I doubt it's an issue with the DPS because my guilds warrior is equally geared as I am, and he never has threat problems.
    Description of Playstyle: Not sure what you need to know here... My playstyle is to survive while holding the boss? Sorry, if you can be more specific I'll happily answer questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom986 View Post
    Armory Link: I can't post links. Paladîn on Barthilas.
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Have all prot + non-spec specific glyphs. Don't raid with an offspec.
    Worldoflogs Link: Again, can't post links. Worldoflogs.com > United States > Barthilas-US > Arcadia
    Questions, concerns, expectations: Having problems with snap threat. Tonight on heroic elegon, I would taunt a protector over to me, then throw out all my high threat abilities(AS > Judgment > Prism > Wrath > Consecrate once I stop moving), but some dps were still managing to pull off me. I doubt it's an issue with the DPS because my guilds warrior is equally geared as I am, and he never has threat problems.
    Description of Playstyle: Not sure what you need to know here... My playstyle is to survive while holding the boss? Sorry, if you can be more specific I'll happily answer questions.
    Holy Avenger is good for "snap" threat. Use that. Prism is sick on Elegon but you're already using that.
    You're Stamina stacking - go for Haste. Haste is best overall for TPS/HPS/DPS.

Deleted
    Are you having problems with the first protector or all protectors? If you are the off tank you will likely not have any vengeance when the first protector spawns. Simple fix to that is to soak the first 2 breaths with the other tank and use some minor cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Holy Avenger is good for "snap" threat. Use that. Prism is sick on Elegon but you're already using that.
    You're Stamina stacking - go for Haste. Haste is best overall for TPS/HPS/DPS.
    How much stamina should I sacrifice for haste?

Are you having problems with the first protector or all protectors? If you are the off tank you will likely not have any vengeance when the first protector spawns. Simple fix to that is to soak the first 2 breaths with the other tank and use some minor cd.
    Warrior gets the first, I get the second.