Thread: Fel fury??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I don't think they will go for the "full package" thing. The quest is intended to distinguish the Warlock identity, which is to distinguish normal fire from fel fire, not void/shadow from fel magic.
    metamorphosis is not a shadow spell. I don't see why it can't be affected by fel power. it kind of makes sense to have it affected, since fel power is the pinnacle of demonic power.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    metamorphosis is not a shadow spell. I don't see why it can't be affected by fel power. it kind of makes sense to have it affected, since fel power is the pinnacle of demonic power.
    I think that the complete nature of Metamorphosis as of how we attained it is unrelated to fel energy, its something more. Fel appears to be about instability and chaos, while metamorphosis appears to express something greater. Therefore, I think that the green version of Meta is more like a decadent one compared to the void-like one we have atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the complete nature of Metamorphosis as of how we attained it is unrelated to fel energy, its something more. Fel appears to be about instability and chaos, while metamorphosis appears to express something greater. Therefore, I think that the green version of Meta is more like a decadent one compared to the void-like one we have atm.
    I like how you always seem to reason and lore your way to things, but I think Blizz more operates on the basis of "What can we do that's cool?" and then implement an explanation afterward (if they even give any). Green meta could be something as simple as Blizz thinking "What else can we do with this green fire thing to make it cool for warlocks?" and the answer MIGHT have been "Let's do a green Meta version!"

Thing is though that we still have no clue what this green meta form is about, and I think the most important fact is that there is NO green Meta icon datamined, so I'd be really cautious with any hopes or expectations about green meta being implemented for us to use. (or NOT being implemented for that matter )

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I like how you always seem to reason and lore your way to things, but I think Blizz more operates on the basis of "What can we do that's cool?" and then implement an explanation afterward (if they even give any).
    Totally agree. Apart from reason and lore, I think that is what player want, that is why they have given so much purple stuff to Demo along with Malefic Grasp to Affli. That is what looks cool and I think they know that alterations to green will only look cool for the fire spells

metamorphosis is just a demon transformation, nothing more than that. demons are usually infused with fel magic, so if you transform into a demon, why not infuse yourself with the same energies? metamorphosis is also all about chaos and instability. it decays over time because it's unstable. you use it when you are completely mad and furious.

there's nothing that even hints at meta being related to void. void is cold and emotionless, while meta is fueled by rage. just because something is purple doesn't mean it's made of void. high astromancer solarian does a void transformation, and it's completely different from metamorphosis.

in fact, our metamorphosis form was created by kanrethad by copying illidan's transformation which is full of fel energy: http://www.wowpedia.org/images/3/39/IllidanDemonWoW.jpg

I'm not saying fel meta is gonna happen, I'm just saying it makes a LOT of sense for it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    metamorphosis is just a demon transformation, nothing more than that. demons are usually infused with fel magic, so if you transform into a demon, why not infuse yourself with the same energies? metamorphosis is also all about chaos and instability. it decays over time because it's unstable. you use it when you are completely mad and furious.

there's nothing that even hints at meta being related to void. void is cold and emotionless, while meta is fueled by rage. just because something is purple doesn't mean it's made of void. high astromancer solarian does a void transformation, and it's completely different from metamorphosis.

in fact, our metamorphosis form was created by kanrethad by copying illidan's transformation which is full of fel energy: http://www.wowpedia.org/images/3/39/IllidanDemonWoW.jpg

I'm not saying fel meta is gonna happen, I'm just saying it makes a LOT of sense for it to happen.
    Why should it? The overwhelming majority of demons we see aren't green and those that are, aren't implied to be so because of any additional taint or corruption; and then Orcs and Belfs do have green taint don't gain anything from it. None of it makes any sense beyond xskarma's 'cool' rationale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why should it? The overwhelming majority of demons we see aren't green and those that are, aren't implied to be so because of any additional taint or corruption; and then Orcs and Belfs do have green taint don't gain anything from it. None of it makes any sense beyond xskarma's 'cool' rationale.
    Actually, orcs, with green taint, should technically be more "blood thirsty", which is why they have the racial blood fury, than their original brown selves. (not including garrosh here, as he is not even an orc anymore).

blood elves, lore wise, gained more power than their high elven counter parts, but since the sunwell has been returned, they went back to that, but are still tainted by the corruption.

Now, with green meta, I can see it lore wise, but I also cant see it. Lore wise, since we technically are not demons, but when we morph, we become a hybrid, not a true demon, but a demon none the less. And with our original forms, we are tainted and corrupted, causing our "meta" to be even more tainted and corrupted into a greenish hue. But, then, again, most demons have a nice pallete of colors, even though most eyes are green. But, I really wouldnt know what the reason behind green meta is. I know its cool looking, and im staying demo with green fire.

I like the idea of a green meta form using fel-powered spells.

A demon form being filled with fel energy makes at least as much sense as a demon form filled with shadow energy, if the color of the demon form means anything. And if it doesn't, well, green is still just as valid of a demon color as purple is.

At the very least, the green Meta isn't any less valid than the purple one.

Keep in mind that I have read some of the quest text and what I found out was that we are to find out some of the "demonic origins" of our powers and our minions. As of some of the results, it is proven that the Illidari discipline along with demons like the Observers appear to be free of fel energy. In other words, we are meant to find means to manipulate the Fel, while finding out our more overall identity that has to do with the void and the arcane.

Yes, it IS possible to have a green Meta, but I don't find it appropriate to be in the same package as turning Fire to Fel Fire. After all, the patch notes refered to our FIRE spells turning green.

It boggles my mind as to why people try to breathe nonsense lore into the game world.

The lore is made to fit the game, not vise versa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It boggles my mind as to why people try to breathe nonsense lore into the game world.

The lore is made to fit the game, not vise versa.
    Actually, things like Fel magic, Metamorphosis, warlocks themselves, etc, actually come from long before WoW, back in WC3, or the RPG or so. If anything, lore is still a defining (or, if you want to take another view, limiting) factor in WoW, and is the reason, for example, that there's no Nelf/Draenei Warlocks, Orc Paladins or Human Shaman. While lore is flexible, and can be bended as needed, it isn't completely disregarded within the game.

As for green Meta... I don't think we know enough of what Meta is for it to be adequetly discussed. Are we truly transforming our bodies with Fel, with the post-500 Fury features (horns, claws/aura, wings for DA) truly part of a Warlock's physical body, or are we just being encased in Fel "add-ons" that are fabricated from the excess Fel energies (best example I can think of is in Mass Effect, where you can create floating holographic armor that isn't truly part of your armor, but instead just a "shell" that covers you). I'm not truly convinced that Meta is a true transformation like Druids, but rather a "shell" like body which we fill and enhances Warlocks. And if it is a shell, and therefore artifical, it's made via magic, and if that magic is made from corrupted Fel it would show signs, ie, the Green Meta. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Actually, things like Fel magic, Metamorphosis, warlocks themselves, etc, actually come from long before WoW, back in WC3, or the RPG or so. If anything, lore is still a defining (or, if you want to take another view, limiting) factor in WoW, and is the reason, for example, that there's no Nelf/Draenei Warlocks, Orc Paladins or Human Shaman. While lore is flexible, and can be bended as needed, it isn't completely disregarded within the game.

As for green Meta... I don't think we know enough of what Meta is for it to be adequetly discussed. Are we truly transforming our bodies with Fel, with the post-500 Fury features (horns, claws/aura, wings for DA) truly part of a Warlock's physical body, or are we just being encased in Fel "add-ons" that are fabricated from the excess Fel energies (best example I can think of is in Mass Effect, where you can create floating holographic armor that isn't truly part of your armor, but instead just a "shell" that covers you). I'm not truly convinced that Meta is a true transformation like Druids, but rather a "shell" like body which we fill and enhances Warlocks. And if it is a shell, and therefore artifical, it's made via magic, and if that magic is made from corrupted Fel it would show signs, ie, the Green Meta. Just a thought.
    According to what Kanrethrad and the Demon Hunter section of WoWpedia mentions, Metamorphosis is clearly the manifestation of the "inner demon". Kanrethrad refers to it as, "Demonology is not only about the threat that come from the outside, but those from within". Therefore, all of that along with the Demonic Fury theme clearly refers to something inner, emotional if you'd like. That adds up to another theory of mine on how Sha can be expressed, similar to how the darkness is channeled from within in various fantasy settings, like Kingdom Hearts.

As for green Meta... I don't think we know enough of what Meta is for it to be adequetly discussed.
    I think it does make sense (based on the process by which Demon Hunters become Demon Hunters and extrapolating both from that and the influence of Demonic energy leading to Tainted/Fel Orcs), and I think we know "enough" based on in-universe lore:

Kanrethad taught Warlocks the ability of Metamorphosis, gleaned from Illidan. Demon Hunters actually transform into Demons: "At the pinnacle of evolution, Demon hunters can unleash the demon in them and turn themselves (temporarily) into something more. This is called Metamorphosis.", "Temporarily transform into a demon" (spell tooltip), "Considered shapeshifting, like [Shadowform], and can't be dispelled.", "Demon-form is susceptible to [Turn Evil]", used to be enslaveable ...

Now, some of this is in-game, and some of this is not official canon (although the RPG used to be considered canon). I think that the evidence is strong enough to say we actually turn into Demons. I think the Demonic Construct / Armor idea is a good idea, but I don't see any evidence to support it. If there is any I'd like to see it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do actually turn into a Demon, that's beyond dispute insofar as lore is concerned. Insofar as how Fel Energy taints creatures, the official line is 'it effects different creatures differently', hense how Belfs get green eyes, Orcs turn green completely; and other demons seem completely uneffected. That basically allows them to do whatever the hell they want. Green Meta therefore doesn't need an explaination should they decide to implement it, beyond that 'this is what happens when you choose to learn from the Codex and infuse your magic with Fel Energy'.

hense how Belfs get green eyes
    not only that, but their skins change color to blue, red or blackish, and they grow big teeth and black chicken wings lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

Kanrethad taught Warlocks the ability of Metamorphosis, gleaned from Illidan. Demon Hunters actually transform into Demons: "At the pinnacle of evolution, Demon hunters can unleash the demon in them and turn themselves (temporarily) into something more. This is called Metamorphosis.", "Temporarily transform into a demon" (spell tooltip), "Considered shapeshifting, like [Shadowform], and can't be dispelled.", "Demon-form is susceptible to [Turn Evil]", used to be enslaveable ...

Now, some of this is in-game, and some of this is not official canon (although the RPG used to be considered canon). I think that the evidence is strong enough to say we actually turn into Demons. I think the Demonic Construct / Armor idea is a good idea, but I don't see any evidence to support it. If there is any I'd like to see it.
    Alrighty, I probably spoke too soon. My reasoning was that Demon Hunters like Illidan gained permanent Demonic features, while Metamorphosis is entirely temporary (and the Fury-visual horns didn't appear to be a physical mutation but more a "shell" of energy). As well as Demon Hunters needing to absorb the essence of a demon. Of course Blizz's word is Gospel.

Has there been any word on how the Fury meter or the post-500 effects (horn, hands glow, DA wings too) change with the codex?

On a side note: Deviant, I believe Xelneth (that great reference of Warlock-kind) said himself that Demonology uses their own inner fury to fuel their spells (compared to Affli using their opponet's misery). Also, squeeing to the KH reference.

On a side note: Deviant, I believe Xelneth (that great reference of Warlock-kind) said himself that Demonology uses their own inner fury to fuel their spells (compared to Affli using their opponet's misery). Also, squeeing to the KH reference.
    Well, since KH is one of the best things ever happened to me and I have chosen to play a Dark class, it is obvious that it is my core influence

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the RPG,demon hunters gradually develop demonic characteristics as they level up until they're completely considered demonic instead of humanoid. Demonic Ascension, obtained at the tenth level, causes this permanent change and causes them to develop more dramatic demonic traits, such as horns, a tail, cloven hooves, or wings. In the RPG, the nature of these mutations is up to the player.

If Blizzard had the time and inclination, they would probably create unique demon forms for every single race. Orcs would have red skin and be covered in horns and spikes, blood elves would have feathered wings and cracked skin with fel energy pouring out, night elves would gain cloven hooves, horns, and so on.

Since they don't they use generic demon forms. Honestly, color doesn't matter. It's just the color they decided on when they created the model. We've seen demons come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors. Hell, the felblood elves in Sunwell Plateau have skin colors ranging everywhere from red to blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If Blizzard had the time and inclination, they would probably create unique demon forms for every single race.
    I fully support this idea and think we should make it the Warlock contingent's highest cosmetic priority, now that we're getting Green Fire.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I fully support this idea and think we should make it the Warlock contingent's highest cosmetic priority, now that we're getting Green Fire.
    lol can only imagine what all the non warlock players would think if they read this, "give them an inch and they'll take a mile". anyway i like that idea and would love to see how an undead warlock's meta would look. as for the green colored meta i agree with alot of people that say its not that far from lore or that it isn't completely outragous considering how little we know of our meta ability. not to mention how people are saying demons come in various different color variations. if they allowed it I'd be ok with it, but I really doubt they would.