Choosing a Main Class

What have you played before?
    In BC I played a hunter extensively, 10 man raiding and PvP'd heavily. I came back to WoW in Cata and rolled a DK, raided 10 mans (tanking this time around) and PvP'd heavily

How far did you level it?
    Max

Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed!
    I enjoyed ranged combat as a hunter, micromanagement of a pet was fine by my standards, my least favorite aspect of playing this class was mana management (BC). DK was enjoyable, destroying people as frost and never dying as blood, never really grasped unholy. I A B S O L U T E L Y hate the death rune mechanics. The worst aspect of playing these classes was being stereotyped before you had a chance to showcase yourself. Not to say I wouldn't play a hunter again, just don't see myself ever playing a DK again.

With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling?
    Solo

Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons?
    I would prefer to level 100% via PvE questing, haven't had any experience PvP leveling so I'm not sure if the xp/hr is worth the investment. Not a fan of chain running dungeons, pugging is a bit unpredictable for my standards (not an elitist).

Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)?
    I plan to do my fair share of both.

Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character?
    Single

Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!).
    I plan to roll a toon on Stormrage, I have never played alliance but I feel partial to humans and nelves in that order. Every man for himself is the go to PvP racial is it not?

Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?
    Dps and tanking are equal in my opinion with heals coming in third. I'm not against healing I just don't have enough experience with any healing classes to judge equally. Dps wise I'd say I'm partial to ranged, it’s not quite as frantic but not to say I'm turned off by the idea of playing a melee class.

Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc)
    Crowd control, survivability and overall face melting power.

Hybrid or pure? Does it matter?
    Not partial, I think hybrid would probably work better for me since I crave change quite often but don't enjoy the leveling process. Pure classes are that for a reason though.

Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter?
    Doesn't matter, like I said earlier, micromanagement doesn't bother me as long as the pet isn't buggy (DK gargoyle).

Throw in any extra details here:
    First time coming back to WoW without some IRL companions, haven’t played since right after the firelands patch of Cata. Looking to hit max level ASAP, no professions, holiday questing, pvp (unless the xp is there), etc etc. I plan to use the wow-pro leveling guide addon unless you are aware of a better free guide.

go mage, hardly ever see a mage doing bad dps.

other classes i always see bad dps tho

mages must be easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacebwithu View Post
    go mage, hardly ever see a mage doing bad dps.

other classes i always see bad dps tho

mages must be easy
    I agree with Mage. Mages are teh bests :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell if you're posting a survey or asking for people to choose a class for you. Since we don't allow "Help Me Choose My Class" threads, I'm closing this here.