Resto vs. Mistweaver

Hello kind Shaman Forum goers.

I am a Raidleader for a 10men Raiding group, recently our Ele/Resto Shaman became abit sick and tired of his char and now he wishes to roll a Priest. The problem with the class isn't relevent, however, it's got something to do with Elemental's rotation - he just dislikes it.

We also have kind of a crappy Raid setup: no Mage, no Pally and no other potential 3rd Healer.
    Being the kind and understanding Raidleader that I am, I am inclined to make our Shaman happy and let him reroll now as I mentioned we will be lacking both Heroism and the Mastery buff and so I aproached our Healers and asked them if they might want to reroll a Resto Shaman full time. Our Mistweaver Monk might be inclined to do it but I am just wondering, even if he plays perfectly does a Resto Shaman compare to a Mistweaver?

TL;DR
    Supposedly, they arn't too far apart on Raidbots but what's your view? Does a Resto Druid+Resto Shaman compare to a Resto Druid+Mistweaver Monk?
    Last edited by Beefycake; 2013-01-26 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefycake View Post

I am a Raidleader for a 10men Raiding group, recently our Ele/Resto Shaman became abit sick and tired of his char and now he wishes to roll a Priest. The problem with the class isn't relevent, however, it's got something to do with Elemental's rotation - he just dislikes it.

We also have kind of a crappy Raid setup: no Mage, no Pally and no other potential 3rd Healer.
    Being the kind and understanding Raidleader that I am, I am inclined to make our Shaman happy and let him reroll now as I mentioned we will be lacking both Heroism and the Mastery buff and so I aproached our Healers and asked them if they might want to reroll a Resto Shaman full time. Our Mistweaver Monk might be inclined to do it but I am just wondering, even if he plays perfectly does a Resto Shaman compare to a Mistweaver?

Supposedly, they arn't too far apart on Raidbots but what's your view? Does a Resto Druid+Resto Shaman compare to a Resto Druid+Mistweaver Monk?
    if he rolls priest you wills till have a bloodlust, furthermore there is a hunter pet that can do so as well. Furthermore priests are on top right now. I am guessing you are looking for a filler for while hes away but i think you need to fix the gaping holes in your class comp. Since he was a switch hitter i suggest getting something like a priest or pally. You should list your comp for more advice as we can't tell you what will be good without seeing what you have.

P.S Shammies probably beat those other two right now just due to utility. They bring hero, raid buffs, Stormlash, and a bag of oh shit healing cds that even OS dps can do significant healing with if they are smart.

Ok so in my opinion him rolling a priest wouldnt be that bad. Compared to an elemental shaman i believe they are a bit higher on single target dps and probably have better off healing when needed. Anyway a disc priest in my opinion is the strongest of all healers just because of how op absorbs are for most fights and if he chooses that os it may help when you need him to heal.

In answer to your other question, i think a mistweaver monk is a lot stronger than a resto shaman but only a pure throughput. In those oh shit moments a monk has revival but a resto shaman has a whole lot more. Also as you dont have hero from other sources, or the mastery buff those probably would make a resto shaman more useful. Coupled with a stormlash totem and that could seriously help in progression fights especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefycake View Post

TL;DR at end

Question 1.) Does a Rsham compare to a mistweaver?

Yes and no. In your situation, since you would be lacking a BL, that is a massive difference between having a MW and a Rsham (unless you have a bm hunter). Outside of that, as far as utility is concerned, nothing is a standout between the two. Stormlash is nice, but it's not really a game changer, except maybe in 25m, but you don't see 25's stacking shamans for stormlash.

As far as healing ability, MW are overall better than Rsham. If you are worried about meters (which you overall shouldn't), Rsham vs. MW will more frequently have the MW on top. You have to remember, Rsham are highly affected by the way your raid, well, raids. If your raiders make a lot of mistakes, Rsham does more healing via mastery. If your raid is good about keeping relatively stacked when allowed, the Rsham will be able to drop healing rain, which will be a considerable increase to its healing (it should be noted that MW have Spinning Crane Kick, which is similar to HR, but unlike HR, it can move).

Question 2.) Is Rdruid/Rsham comparable to Rdruid/MW?

I'm going to start off by saying something I probably should of said at the start of all this. In the end, as long as your healers know how to play their class, it really doesn't matter what class they are. For your specific situation, Rdruid/Rsham is the only choice you have that results in your raid having BL (unless, like I said earlier, you have a bm hunter). For me, that would swing things very far on the sham/druid side. Not to mention you won't have 2 healers on the same gear type.

But you asked if Rdruid/Rsham compares to Rdruid/MW. The reality is, it's not that simple. You have to consider things like how the healers heal alongside each other, do they snipe heal, do they triage heal, do they have designated healing roles, and so forth and so forth. My advice at this point would be that if your healers right now think it's fine, then it's probably fine.

TL;DR: If you aren't having any healing problems now with a Rdruid/MW combo, then you shouldn't have any problems switching to a Rdruid/Rsham combo. If you are, explain them and we can discuss it further.

Deleted
    I play a mistweaver with 16/16 hc.
    I can tell you that in 10man, you are better of in every sense to have a resto shaman over a mistweaver. In 10man heroic progression, raid cd's are too important. A mistweaver brings nothing in comparison to a resto shaman.

Not going to make a long post on why I believe what I believe.

A resto shaman at equal gear and skill as a mistweaver in 10man heroic progression, the shaman comes out on top. Anyday.

Disc>Hpala>Rsham

Those are the healers ya want. Atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Saozin View Post
    I play a mistweaver with 16/16 hc.
    I can tell you that in 10man, you are better of in every sense to have a resto shaman over a mistweaver. In 10man heroic progression, raid cd's are too important. A mistweaver brings nothing in comparison to a resto shaman.

Not going to make a long post on why I believe what I believe.

A resto shaman at equal gear and skill as a mistweaver in 10man heroic progression, the shaman comes out on top. Anyday.

Disc>Hpala>Rsham

Those are the healers ya want. Atm.
    As a Rsham doing 10m HC progression alongside a MW, I must say it's not as cut and dry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    As a Rsham doing 10m HC progression alongside a MW, I must say it's not as cut and dry.
    If I could choose from every healer spec for every 10 man heroic fight I would only bring a mistweaver for garalon heroic, nothing else. I would however choose as the third healer in every single fight which is three healed to be a shaman (together with disc and Hpala).
    A mistweaver brings healing output but not much else, and that will not cut it when you are doing serious 10man heroic progress. Some might disagree with me, but now in patch 5.1, I would not choose to have a mistweaver over a Rshaman (equally skilled, gear etcetc) unless you:

1. Already have a resto shaman
    2. Don't have anyone who uses intellect leather but has someone who uses mail intellect(Ele shaman)
    3. Read this in 5.2 and shit have changed.

If you choose to have a mistweaver on 2 healer fights, then you better make sure he has a Hpala or Rsham to make up for his lack of singletarget healing.

I mean at the end of the day you can still beat all heroic encounters with any healer combinations, but some prove to be stronger depending on the raid tier. Buffs / nerfs, what sort healing is mostly needed, whatever. Wrote this in a haste, but it's just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Hey guys just to be abit more clear:
    Currently we have an Elemental Shaman and a Mistweaver Monk healing alongside a Resto Druid.
    Elemental Shaman wishes to switch to a Shadow Priest. (Offspec Disc when needed)
    Mistweaver might be persuaded to switch to a Resto Shaman in such a case.
    I am asking how does a Resto Shaman compare to a Mistweaver in that situation.

Thanks in advance and I apreciate all your input so far.

Deleted
    What are the other classes that make up your raid composition?

Other then the aforementioned Elemental, Mistweaver and Resto Druid we have a Blood DK, BrM Monk, Warlock, Fury Warr, BM Hunter, Rogue and Balance Druid

Deleted
    You have your BM Hunter bring a Corehound, I assume?

Will still miss Mastery buff with the Shaman respeccing to Shadow, and he's not 100% BM some fights he switched more so in 5.2.