Deleted
    I haven't played enough games for a rating.
    Get on my level.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    And apparently I be 52% percentile.
    We had a big discussion about what the average player in DotA looked like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    SC2 ladder was so dumb. Terran basically autowins games by 1-T-A with MMM blobs until around Platinum, at which point they slam into a brick wall of Colossi and Infestors that people suddenly realize they can make.
    You can win with any strategy. I was winning with pure zerglings in Master league against terrans and zergs. People losing in lower bracketse just don't know that superior macro wins games.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-01-25 at 07:20 PM.

Macro definitely wins games. I pride myself on one of the most advanced strategical minds in the video game world, but I'm stuck around master level because my macro is garbage. Though I haven't played in a long time, I'm probably even lower now. One reason I never liked SC2, a video game you have to actually practice to remain good at.

Same applies to DotA. I can try to teach people game knowledge forever, but it will only get you so far. I can tell Hanna that one thing that will help her more than anything is just getting faster at moving her hands and her mind.

No need to be modest, someone might yet think you're no good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I pride myself on one of the most advanced strategical minds in the video game world
    Do you have anything to prove that claim?

Depends on what you consider good =p

@Kuntantee
    No, get over it.

@Kuntantee
    No, get over it.
    not fan of online diagnosis but I highly suggest a doctor for you. You seem to have some sort of personality disorder. Even NPO

Do we really have to turn DotA2 megathread into personal attacks thread? Your obsession with me is far more unhealthy than NPD would ever be. Please stop ruining this thread with off topic nonsense.

I be slow and scared.
    Practice up! There are APM tutorials online you can look at =p
    Is blink one of the best early game items you can use on SF? Yes. Can 99% of the community effectively use it? Nope. It doesn't matter how good you are with Lina if it takes you two seconds to react to a situation; you're already dead at that point.

Your obsession with me is far more unhealthy than NPD would ever be
    This is not an obsession. I could lead you to definition of "personal attack" and "obsession" but I doubt you would read them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You can win with any strategy. I was winning with pure zerglings in Master league against terrans and zergs. People losing in lower bracketse just don't know that superior macro wins games.
    Yeah. TL had a graph where they showed a hard, clear line between missed injects and lost games (or rather, fewer missed injects = higher winrate) for Zerg. I never saw graphs for MULEs or chrono boosts, but I know it'd be the same.

Still, MMM is basically a first-order optimal strategy for half of the ladder leagues because people don't know what colossi/infestors/templar are or how to use them.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Nothing like ending a battle and realizing you only have 9 larva ready.

What be APM?
    Actions per minute. In general, how spammy you are at clicking your mouse.

koreanslol

And you can see in the video, a lot of their clicking is 100% unnecessary but they do it anyway because it keeps them fast. Being fast is important. Fast players will improve at an extremely quicker rate than slow players. It takes me one game to master a new hero in LoL or DotA because the fundamental gameplay mechanics are so far behind me already that I don't have to worry about practicing aiming a spell or timing anything.

Although, I will admit that Timbersaw's grappleshot is extremely annoying in that if you click on a tree it will stop an inch short and not actually hit it. I still haven't gotten used to that, feels like terrible aiming code to me.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-25 at 09:26 PM.

Although, I will admit that Timbersaw's grappleshot is extremely annoying in that if you click on a tree it will stop an inch short and not actually hit it. I still haven't gotten used to that, feels like terrible aiming code to me.
    Just do what we always do and blame the trees for not staying still. I still fuck up Clockwerk hooks pretty often because in HoN it was easymode and would pass through non-hero units and allies (and had a projectile faster than the speed of light with next to no cast animation.)

Oh man, 1456 rating, 79th percentile. I suppose I expected much worse, though I duo-queue with a friend of mine often, so it probably isn't too impressive to begin with.

koreanslol
    Despite doing it, I never really understood the pointing of spam clicking for higher APM. I suppose in theory it would make you used to clicking, thus reacting faster, but I feel like those two are fairly separate from each other. The same with something like an FPS game, you need a fast reaction time, and the ability to aim, fire at, and kill the enemy, but I don't feel like those two are tied in with each other.

Deleted
    Clicking your mouse fast is pretty much a habit for me, don't know why, need to click always in DotA.

I feel so bad today, my new mouse is driving me crazy with 8200 DPI from my old with 3200... you know something is wrong if you shackle a minion as Rhasta instead of Viper

And this DotAbuff stuff rating is pretty much garbage, amirite ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Oh man, 1456 rating, 79th percentile. I suppose I expected much worse, though I duo-queue with a friend of mine often, so it probably isn't too impressive to begin with.

Despite doing it, I never really understood the pointing of spam clicking for higher APM. I suppose in theory it would make you used to clicking, thus reacting faster, but I feel like those two are fairly separate from each other. The same with something like an FPS game, you need a fast reaction time, and the ability to aim, fire at, and kill the enemy, but I don't feel like those two are tied in with each other.
    For me its very easy to get lax in the early/mid game because it starts relatively slow, I do find it helps to keep me consistent if I occasionally do some micro games during slow periods. As for just mashing aimlessly for apm sake yeah i don't get that :P

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Clicking your mouse fast is pretty much a habit for me, don't know why, need to click always in DotA.

I feel so bad today, my new mouse is driving me crazy with 8200 DPI from my old with 3200... you know something is wrong if you shackle a minion as Rhasta instead of Viper

And this DotAbuff stuff rating is pretty much garbage, amirite ?
    I never understood, but I just sort of started to do it after some time. I can understand if you're playing against potm or pudge, for example, and you really don't want to be standing still, but otherwise I feel like it just tires my hand after doing it all day

For the rating, no idea how it's calculated...coincidentally, my rating in LoL was ~1450 as well, forever average I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    For me its very easy to get lax in the early/mid game because it starts relatively slow, I do find it helps to keep me consistent if I occasionally do some micro games during slow periods. As for just mashing aimlessly for apm sake yeah i don't get that :P
    I know what you mean, in pubs at least, the games can feel fairly slow in the early stages.

Deleted
    I remember when I started with StarCraft 2 and wasn't that fast. I was watching pro streams and saw them spamming so much at start etc. Eventually when I got higher league, I also started doing it. I later tried not spamming at start etc but it felt so awkward. I had made it a habit to spam all the time. It makes you faster and the more you do it, the quicker it will become natural for you.