Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    The same interview where mark hamill claims to have read scripts for more movies, he also said Lucas told him in 1976 that he was flirting with the idea of even 4 trilogies. All before the original was even released. Who really knows, only Lucas would and he doesn't really talk about it
    Flirting with idea =/= finished texts and scripts.

If he had it all finished and written by 80s as you said, I wonder why we have documentaries of him writing scripts for prequel trilogy.

I have been flirting with idea of writing books and also have quite solid ideas for each of them! Doesn't make them be there though. :|

Deleted
    Lawrence Kasdan as writer and J.J Abrams as director - it actual looks really promising.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    i'll probably get crucified for saying this but in my opinion:

Ep. III > Ep. VI

The only negative thing about III was Hayden Christensen acting, the rest: The space battles, the lightsaber duels, all was good, while Ep. VI was good until the Ewoks showed up, then the whole movie went downhill
    I agree that the Ewoks seem rather silly when watched today. I personally love them, but I'm biased since I watched them as a little kid at the cinema when the movie came out. Still, Ewoks aren't nearly as silly as R2D2 being able to fly, the "we made this scene for a videogame"-part in the droid factory, and Palpatine's circus acrobatics while being rescued :P

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Empire is still the best Star Wars movie, no doubt about it.
    I'm with you on that one 100%.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Have faith in Abrams (loved the new Star Trek).

Don't have faith in the hardcore Star Wars fans giving him a chance to try anything new with the series or anything of the sort. Those fans can be freaking INSANE if you tamper with things even in the slightest bit (seriously, complaining about that they even re-released the first three movies in 3D? Not about the execution or anything like that, but that they even CONSIDERED it? No wonder Lucas got fed up).
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

I've been more worried about the script than who was going to direct it, if they don't use any of the EU they better come up with something real fucking mind blowing script.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Have faith in Abrams (loved the new Star Trek).

Don't have faith in the hardcore Star Wars fans giving him a chance to try anything new with the series or anything of the sort. Those fans can be freaking INSANE if you tamper with things even in the slightest bit (seriously, complaining about that they even re-released the first three movies in 3D? Not about the execution or anything like that, but that they even CONSIDERED it? No wonder Lucas got fed up).
    It's not that he released/will release the 3D editions of the movies. It's that he releases new editions of those movies pretty much every year with slightest of changes (Usually for the worse. Who really wanted Darth Vader yell "Nooooooo!" in Return of the Jedi too?) while stubbornly refusing to release quality versions of the original theatrical release of the movies fitted to DVD/Blu Ray.

I love the way certain people started flinging 'dude bro' accusations around - they clearly have no idea how good J.J. Abrams is when allowed off the leash. The Star Trek reinvigoration is exactly what the series needed, because it was boring and flagging hard. Also consider how many million miles better Mission Impossible 3 was over 2, especially given that it was Abrams' first actual film, rather than TV show.

Aside from that, I see Kathleen Kennedy attributed as Producer on this film; potential for god tier has been achieved. Now let's just hope the script is compelling enough.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Not the worst choice, I think they will turn out better than I,II,III and have less horrible dialog.
    Yeah, it'll probably be better than I-III, but not as classic IV-VI because of nostalgia. I'm predicting it'll hit the middle ground for the fanbase, because frankly, you have to really try to have a worse script than I-III.

Deleted
    Im ok with this too, even though Star Trek sucks the new Star Trek movies werent really that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they get as far away as the last 3 movies made as possible
    when its all about green screen and cg effects with 0 storyline the movie deserves to burn in hell
    or just give it to Michael bay or whoever made the Titanic movie battleship
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    Just hopefully Disney lets him work and doesn't overly interfere.
    What makes you think it would?

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh as long as George Lucas stays the fuck out of it, I think it could be okay
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I really don't think his style is the right fit for Star Wars. While his new Star Trek was a fun action movie I don't think it was faithful to the spirit of the original universe and I'm worried that he will give Star Wars the same treatment. No shaky cam action scenes for Star Wars please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I agree that the Ewoks seem rather silly when watched today. I personally love them, but I'm biased since I watched them as a little kid at the cinema when the movie came out. Still, Ewoks aren't nearly as silly as R2D2 being able to fly, the "we made this scene for a videogame"-part in the droid factory, and Palpatine's circus acrobatics while being rescued :P.
    Yeah, last time I watched Return of the Jedi I was like "wait a minute . . . this is just stupid."

I mean, most of the movie is great, but Ewoks are almost as bad as Jar Jar. Almost. But I watched the movies as a kid first, so the movies were much more awesome from that perspective.

I loved Phantom Menace, but I was 12 when it came out so . . . Watched it again about a year ago and thought, again, "this is just stupid."
    Putin khuliyo

I'm still blown away that they are even making sequels to the original. It's not something I thought I would ever see. Lucas seemed pretty happy with his lot in life and there was hardly a whisper of him selling or making these films. I'm not sure there is a perfect director as they all seem to have their positives and negatives. I'm just glad it didn't go to a really shitty director like say M. Night Shamalayn (spelling?).

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Lawrence Kasdan as writer and J.J Abrams as director - it actual looks really promising.
    Kasdan is the producer, Michael Arndt(little miss sunshine, toy story 3) is the writer

Deleted
    I dont really have the hate alot of people have for the prequels, apart from wishing anakin would stop being so annoying, and that jar jar would accidentally sit on a activated lightsabre.

But I think more star wars films is pushing it too far. We have a story, it was good for the most part, but it ended.

anything more just screams that there is a lack of originality and they want to milk the IP, and that generally ruins it. I sense a failure on Hobbit type proportions in the making.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    BLAH, should have been Joss Whedon.

then we could have had Nathan Fillion as the older Han Solo and all would have been right with the world.
    Would have loved that as well, but JJ is alright i guess

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    anything more just screams that there is a lack of originality and they want to milk the IP, and that generally ruins it. I sense a failure on Hobbit type proportions in the making.
    The Hobbit is a great movie, it may not be the book but a great movie nonetheless

Deleted
    As long as George Lucas has no input it will be miles better than the latest installments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this guy has it rough.

Anyways not sure how I feel about this. We have a die hard trekkie making a Star Wars movie. I worry it may be tainted by his fanboy bias.