Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not Like. Hope it's a bug, lol.

Deleted
    IMO CL should just look like LB, but then chaining. But I'm not sure if that would fly given the rich animation. I mean, imagine 4 ele's on Wind Lord.

PS: Sith Sorcerer yep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Yup, picked EM to maximize the number of casts (and therefore procs) so you guys could have a good idea of how it looks.
    And this is my imported char (504 ilvl).

The old glyphed CL did 302.5% tooltip damage (90+72+57.6+46.08+36.8), the new one does 450% (90*5) so it's a 48.7% buff to our AoE. Survival hunter, Fire mage and even Forst DK outdps elemental when there are more than 6/7 targets but a 48.7% buff is pretty insane, even more if you factor in the 2pT15 (which is the only aoe bonus if i'm not mistaken). So, yeah expect a nerf to the base damage (or the glyph).

Note : Lavabeam animation didn't change, it's still a chain. For those interested, it does 549.5% tooltip damage (90+99+108.9+119.8+131.8) so that's a 22% increase over CL spamming, if my math is right. Spamming LvB over LB during Ascendance is much more than a mere 22% dps increase, it's more like 10x that...
    You're right but isn't the 2p t15 splitting its damage between targets in 8y range? So it wouldn't matter if there were any more targets, except for the increased proc chance (since you hit 5 targets with 1 CL).

doesnt look that bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    IMO CL should just look like LB, but then chaining. But I'm not sure if that would fly given the rich animation. I mean, imagine 4 ele's on Wind Lord.

PS: Sith Sorcerer yep.
    Well, CL was iconic ever since WC3 and tbh, I think the uproar about such a change would be tremendous.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need add minor glyphs if they implement this, so you can have the classic lightning bolt, and the current chain lightning if this goes live.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

would like to know what their plan with lava beam is. make it a true alternative during aoe?

Deleted
    I would be super happy, if they decide to implement this via glyph (since we are pretty lacked of cool stuff). The old CL animation is so boring and fugly and I don't really care whether it's from WC3 or not.

I like the previous animation but I was pretty excited about this one. Many classes/specs have cosmetic glyphs that allow changed casting animations (Hell, Warlocks just received an entire cosmetic overall option) so it would seem a nice gesture to let us keep this via a glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    It was a bug according to GC's twitter.
    No one seems to have seen this.

Call me crazy. but aint that theramore ? isnt that like.. destroyed ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    It was a bug according to GC's twitter.
    Do you have a link?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleave Lightning?
    Look! Words!

Looks like they just did a COPY/PASTE of the Warlock Harvest Life animation and just changed the spell effect to lightning instead of Drain Life.
    Last edited by warlockiii; 2013-01-25 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Call me crazy. but aint that theramore ? isnt that like.. destroyed ?
    On the large bridge to theramore is a Bronze Dragon in disguise, talk to her and you'll see Theramore in it's old glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNS4t5UCBfI

I can't be the only one who thought of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, we get Forked Lightning now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNS4t5UCBfI

I can't be the only one who thought of it.

Elementals going to the DARK SIDE ??? ;-))))

Tendrils of the storm

Can someone update the OP so people stop thinking this isn't a bug?
    GC already said it was unintended on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...31994644656128

I do hope it becomes a glyph though, looks nice