Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    The Draenei did have a natural affinity for magic. But that was a long time ago, their have been ZERO notable DRAENEI spell casters. Also, yes the humans are powerful, but they are not as powerful as the Blood Elf casters in general, we have examples of powerful humans (Khadgar/Jaina/Rhonin) but the entire BE culture is engulfed in magic.

On top of the above, you also have the Forsaken, which have the same powers as they did in life, giving you many UD spellcasters that equal that of their human counterparts. To say that the Alliance has an edge in magic is outright wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 06:58 PM ----------

Please cite which novel to read, I only remember the priest Draenei from that Knaack book having any role in the novels.
    Another unworthy opponent. You are (like the others) missing out on a lot of canon-lore. Currently as of now the Draenei focus on the arcane and holy light moreso than anything else. They are older than any other playable race, giving them more knowledge than most on the planet. Blue Dragons are an exception.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yes, the Draenei are Eredar. Draenei is not a race. They are a faction of Eredar that refused Sargeras. Sargeras was attracted to the Eredar's reckless use of magic. He was not attracted to the Draenei because they didn't exist yet.

Just because they are attuned to magic doesn't mean they can wield it as effectively as they did 25,000 years ago. They have spent that 25,000 years covering up their use of magic and using as little as possible.
    It doesn't matter if they weren't like they used to be. They are still on par with elves and humans, perhaphs greater.

Btw, they were not reckless compared to any of the Azeroth magi. Just saying. In fact, Draenei built a "utopia" a "paradise", how reckless is that? K, thx.
    Last edited by Norgannon the Dreamweaver; 2013-01-26 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Rich? No. Nessesary. I have seen you babbling against lore one too many times on so many forums.

No, YOU'RE the one who can't read. You're proving my point that humans and elves are equal. I'm just saying that humans achieve more in a shorter amount of time, making up for their short lifespan.

The Draenei DID bewilder Sargeras (look up the word 'bewilder' and come back to me), he was suprised by their natural affinity for magic. Just read their history... Sargeras wouldn't just pick -any- random race to become his -chief- minions.[COLOR="red"]
    Well apparently you can't read, since I never argued elves were superior ;P

Sargeras was attracted by their potential, he was not awe struck by it.

Another unworthy opponent. You are (like the others) missing out on a lot of canon-lore.
    Do me a favor provide a link for that canon lore.

Btw, they were not reckless compared to any of the Azeroth magi. Just saying. In fact, Draenei built a "utopia" a "paradise", how reckless is that? K, thx.
    Azeroth magi are reckless because they drew the attention of the burning legion, but the Eredar are guilty of that as well, since their use of the arcane drew sargeras to their planet, which led to their corruption and a tiny fraction of their population to escape.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-01-26 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well apparently you can't read, since I never argued elves were superior ;P

Sargeras was attracted by their potential, he was not awe struck by it.
    No. I read everything clearly.

And no, he was struck by how great they were. This doesn't mean anythng huge, however. Other than the fact that they became the leading demons of the legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if they weren't like they used to be. They are still on par with elves and humans, perhaphs greater.

OMG, I can never tell what you are talking about now. Do you mean Draenei or Eredar built a utopia?

OMG, I can never tell what you are talking about now. Do you mean Draenei or Eredar built a utopia?
    Don't play dumb. I have seen you make good discussions on this forum. You KNOW what I'm refering to. You're smarter than that. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't play dumb. I have seen you make good discussions on this forum. You KNOW what I'm refering to. You're smarter than that. :P
    Then say Eredar when you mean Eredar. Archimond and Kil'jaeden were as much part of that paradise as Velen was. Maybe reckless wasn't the right word, but they overused it despite their benevolent intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    The Draenei did have a natural affinity for magic. But that was a long time ago, their have been ZERO notable DRAENEI spell casters. Also, yes the humans are powerful, but they are not as powerful as the Blood Elf casters in general, we have examples of powerful humans (Khadgar/Jaina/Rhonin) but the entire BE culture is engulfed in magic.

On top of the above, you also have the Forsaken, which have the same powers as they did in life, giving you many UD spellcasters that equal that of their human counterparts. To say that the Alliance has an edge in magic is outright wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 06:58 PM ----------

Please cite which novel to read, I only remember the priest Draenei from that Knaack book having any role in the novels.
    Nowhere was it said that the draenei completely gave up on magic. I don't need to explain any more than that. We don't need singular examples to prove that the draenei/eredar are among the greatest of spellcasters. It doesn't matter if they weren't like they used to be (again, i am saying this) they are still on part with elves and humans.

No. I read everything clearly.

And no, he was struck by how great they were. This doesn't mean anythng huge, however. Other than the fact that they became the leading demons of the legion?
    Sargeras saw their potential, they were a race with a natural affinity for magic in all its myriad forms, still he wasn't awe struck no matter how much you wish he would be.

Sargeras saw their potential, they were a race with a natural affinity for magic in all its myriad forms, still he wasn't awe struck no matter how much you wish he would be.
    You don't have any proof that he -WASN'T- awe struck. We have more proof he was than not, thankyou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Sargeras wasn't awestruck. It doesn't seem in his character. I don't believe it's a stretch to say he was impressed though.

Maybe Sargeras wasn't awestruck. It doesn't seem in his character. I don't believe it's a stretch to say he was impressed though.
    I'm not saying he was stupidly impressed either, haha.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:18 AM ----------

Then say Eredar when you mean Eredar. Archimond and Kil'jaeden were as much part of that paradise as Velen was. Maybe reckless wasn't the right word, but they overused it despite their benevolent intentions.
    Sorry, I have a knack for mixing up the names.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying he was stupidly impressed either, haha.
    He could be condescendingly impressed. "Awww, how cute. These mortals like to play with magic."

Rich? No. Nessesary. I have seen you babbling against lore one too many times on so many forums.

No, YOU'RE the one who can't read. You're proving my point that humans and elves are equal. I'm just saying that humans achieve more in a shorter amount of time, making up for their short lifespan.

The Draenei DID bewilder Sargeras (look up the word 'bewilder' and come back to me), he was suprised by their natural affinity for magic. Just read their history... Sargeras wouldn't just pick -any- random race to become his -chief- minions.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:49 PM ----------

You're not a worthy opponent, compared to Combatbutler. It's not even worth proving you wrong. Come back to me when you learn common sense.

Btw, don't ignore lore for your own fanboyish ways you belf, LOL. I'm merely assuming, but most people are like that.
    Ah, more hypocrisy.

Ironic, how I have "fanboyish ways" because I like the Blood Elves, when you provide no source at all for your "arguments," then result to insulting me (Not a "worthy opponent," really?) when you have nothing else to say.

I (as well as other) implore you: Tell us, where are your sources for all this "canon lore" or yours, hm?

You don't have any proof that he -WASN'T- awe struck. We have more proof he was than not, thankyou.
    No we don't we have these quotes to go by, there isn't a single thing that suggests he was awe struck.

Long ago, on the world of Argus, the brilliant and magically gifted eredar race drew the attention of Sargeras, the Destroyer of Worlds.
    He was attracted by the eredar's magical affinity, and contacted them under the guise of a benevolent being, promising their three leaders
    He saw their potential and decided to use them.

No we don't we have these quotes to go by, there isn't a single thing that suggests he was awe struck they just fit into his plan.

Long ago, on the world of Argus, the brilliant and magically gifted eredar race drew the attention of Sargeras, the Destroyer of Worlds.
    He was attracted by the eredar's magical affinity, and contacted them under the guise of a benevolent being, promising their three leaders
    Watch, he's going to use the "brillaint and magically gifted" and "attracted' lines for his "proof."

As for that, well, I daresay Sargeras could have chosen the Kal'dorei (10,000 years ago version) or Sin'dorei for the same task, had he been looking for chief officers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Ah, more hypocrisy.

Ironic, how I have "fanboyish ways" because I like the Blood Elves, when you provide no source at all for your "arguments," then result to insulting me (Not a "worthy opponent," really?) when you have nothing else to say.

I (as well as other) implore you: Tell us, where are your sources for all this "canon lore" or yours, hm?
    I'm laughing. Please point out my hypocrisy?

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:23 AM ----------

No we don't we have these quotes to go by, there isn't a single thing that suggests he was awe struck.

He saw their potential and decided to use them.
    You're ignoring everything.

I'm laughing. Please point out my hypocrisy?
    I'm a "fanboy" for saying Blood elves are stronger with magic and providing proof. You are not because you say the Alliance are stronger with magic ("without a doubt!") and give no proof, then result to insulting me (as well as others).

But I'm the fanboy. /sarcasm.

[/COLOR] You're ignoring everything.
    Do I ? Sargeras looked for agents for his legions command structure any magical gifted race could have filled the role, he just happened to stumble upon the Eredar first and they fit what he was looking for.

I'm laughing. Please point out my hypocrisy?[COLOR="red"]
    You provide no canon source whatsoever, which makes your argument rather dull and most of all unconvincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So do Warlocks. So do Demon Hunters. So do Death Knights. So does pretty much every class anyway. Some shamans like those in the Twilight's Hammer.
    Arcane magic corrupts. Even the Aspect of magic acknowledged that. Thats why he started his crazy plan to cut the arcane ley-lines of Azeroth.
    Of course so does fel magic but thats why warlocks are officially forbidden in the alliance and the horde. Thats why their trainers are hidden in some caves or under some alehouses.
    Death Knights do not seek power, they seek to inflict pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I'm a "fanboy" for saying Blood elves are stronger with magic and providing proof. You are not because you say the Alliance are stronger with magic ("without a doubt!") and give no proof, then result to insulting me (as well as others).

But I'm the fanboy. /sarcasm.
    I said I "assumed" you're a fanboy.

Blood Elves are no doubt great with magic. They started a lot. Their whole culture is based around it. But that doesn't make the Horde stronger with magic. I already explained why.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 12:29 AM ----------

Do I ? Sargeras looked for agents for his legions command structure any magical gifted race could have filled the role, he just happened to stumble upon the Eredar first and they fit what he was looking for.

You provide no canon source whatsoever, which makes your argument rather dull and most of all unconvincing.
    I dont see your sources either. Do you really expect me to give you every detail, page, website and quote for my words? That's just ridiculous. It's all right though. People use this technique when they're out of backtalk.