Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    Lol everyone agrees that that silence was completely retarded. It won't be given back and should have never made it live. Carry on now.
    The 5.0 version was dumb, agree on that.
    They could make it work a little different. But that's not the thread to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    I'am on the other side of the fence on this once. The blanket silence tied interrupts might have been fine way back when, but it's too much now. Personally I think if they want mages to keep the silence it should be a entire new button that has a longer cool down (say +10~15 seconds) that causes the interrupt to also be thrown into that cool down, and for the pet one if that one should stay I think it should be melee range at the very least. Only then I would be at least be content with it, it would be more in line with the other cc's in this game.
    Just so you know, GC explained further that the original idea was to nerf blanket because they wanted to nerf healers by nerfing every instants and bring cast-time back on most heals
    They concluded that healers couldnt handle it and would be disoriented, so they did nothing

I'm not sure what to think about that, on one hand i'd love a PvP where interrupting instead of blanketing is the norm, on the other hand making these change in the middle of an Xpac would be a massive gamble

If they are going to keep the blanket then remove the interrupt part. Being afraid to cast because a 7 second interrupt as a healer is pretty much game over is annoying as hell, even if you stopcast you get the silence anyway so just remove the interrupt part.

Lol everyone agrees that that silence was completely retarded. It won't be given back and should have never made it live. Carry on now.
    No warrior wants gag order like it used to be. EVERY warrior wants heroic throw only version and im 99% sure thats what he means.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    No warrior wants gag order like it used to be. EVERY warrior wants heroic throw only version and im 99% sure thats what he means.
    Indeed, you got me. Maybe with an increased CD if glyphed for it? I opened a thread in warriors' forum btw to discuss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Just so you know, GC explained further that the original idea was to nerf blanket because they wanted to nerf healers by nerfing every instants and bring cast-time back on most heals
    They concluded that healers couldnt handle it and would be disoriented, so they did nothing

I'm not sure what to think about that, on one hand i'd love a PvP where interrupting instead of blanketing is the norm, on the other hand making these change in the middle of an Xpac would be a massive gamble
    Yeah, I posted then read GC's explanation on to why. It makes sense and I 100% understand it. People hate change, plain and simple as that. Though it got my hopes up. I still think something should be done, just more then likely going to have to wait for the next expansion for this (and the healer equivalents) necessary changes to actually happen. Though hopefully they might actually look at a possible change to help with the CC dilemma by having look at DR being it would be a fresh new PvP season and DR would only effect PvP. That way only the PvP players would have to relearn something. Though again that would be a gamble, not as big as changing the abilities but still a big gamble. Guess we'll wait and see.

Dammit i was not wanting to see this happen.
    do what you feel.

Almost thought blizzard might actually try to balance PvP. What a good joke. Guess nothing has changed

If you thought them removing blanket cs was going to improve pvp than sadly your wrong. They would need to reduce the amount of burst and instant cc. Which they are doing but them trying to remove blanket cs was a horrible idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Ask and thou shalt receive.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlock
    - We are reverting the removal of Spell Lock.

Mage
    - We are reverting the removal of Improved Counterspell.

Druid
    - We are reverting Cyclone having shared diminishing returns with other forms of crowd control. While we are keeping the cooldown of Cyclone cast by Feral druids in order to make Predatory Swiftness CC less dominant, we are lowering the cooldown to 20 sec from 30 sec.

Monk
    - Ring of Peace has been adjusted. It now forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and causes enemies who cast a harmful spell to be silenced for 3 sec. Moving out of the ring does not remove the silence, but it won't trigger again. The duration of Ring of Peace is 8 sec.

So glad Blizzard has listened to player feedback, S13 is on track to be one of the most balanced seasons yet.
    You're delusional if you believe that. Elemental Shaman still are in a beyond horrible state.

If you thought them removing blanket cs was going to improve pvp than sadly your wrong. They would need to reduce the amount of burst and instant cc. Which they are doing but them trying to remove blanket cs was a horrible idea.
    Was a step in the right direction. Did not mean that removing blanket = balance, but something has to come first since they are too afraid to do big changes all at once. Thought they were going to try and improve balance. Instead they just came out with the same old "wait till next expansion" excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Nope. Blanket silences were fine for 8 years, and they are fine now.
    8 years ago you couldn't cc someone for 15sec with instant casts

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Ok, gief back gag order now.
    can i have avengers shield?

i didn't care one way or another about the counterspell/spell lock changes. casters cast so little it was kind of pointless.

cyclone going back off the dr is absolutely stupid though. it needs to dr with SOMTHING.
    having a comp with multiple ccs on the same DR isn't the end of the world.
    comps like MLD/S and feral/shadowpriest/shaman can put people into nearly infinite cc chains, which is exactly what i though they were trying to tone down.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    So what about silence shot for hunters? reverted to?

Hunters silence shot wasn't changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Yey, so now u can continue to open with a deepfreeze follow it up with a blanket silence and kill my ele shaman ass, GG. Next season will be wonderful<3
    I might be wrong but don't Elemental get Shamanistic Rage next season? When Glyphed it can actually act as a trinket for deep freeze (it clears magic buffs iirc). Pretty huge buff to survivability and means you can Sham first deep, trinket 2nd, sham 3rd and maybe get your healer to use a CD on the 4th or get peeled. For the 5th your trinket will be back up, for 6th Sham will be back up. We're talking 6 minutes worth of deep freezes and you've only eaten 1. (assuming you don't trinket a CC etc).

True it will help us. But ele has a far harder time against melee. Though Shamanistic rage is a welcome addition.

When I first saw the changes to blanket silences and some CC's(cyclone), I thought they realised we have too many CC/interrupts/silence and are trying to make the gameplay more fluid.

Now, we are back to the same old stuff again, CC wars with endless silences and interrupts with huge bursts and insane heals, lost hope again =S

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Now, we are back to the same old stuff again, CC wars with endless silences and interrupts with huge bursts and insane heals, lost hope again =S
    The problem is that in order to nerf CC, they have to nerf instants. It'd require a complete talent-tree rework and class reworks for nearly every healer and caster. I don't think they realized how much work it was.

Just nerfing blanket CS's and CC's hurts wizardcleaves and casters far more than it hurts meleecleaves and burst teams, and we already see far less casters on ladder than we do meleecleaves. If blanket CS, cyclone and RoP changes went live, it'd literally be 2melee + hpala vs 2melee + hpala every game. (This is pretty common already. KFC and Kittycleave are so ridiculously popular).

15+ Year Old Account
    The blanket CS revert is a bad change. Frost mages are going to continue to be way too strong. I can stand the revert to Spell Lock - locks are in a different position than mages. I was really looking forward to Cyclone being treated like other CC's for once (dispellable, shared DRs, doesn't block spells during it, etc) - but I guess that will be left out of changes until another patch (it's inevitable though, the question is only when Druids end up in a position where Blizzard feels compelled to do something about it).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Don't know about feral, but resto and moonkin druids would have been useless if that cyclone change went through. Moonkin already has shit defensives as it is and resto heals are so weak. Heavily affected by battle fatigue.