Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    * 2.2 In-Progress Notes Set #3 - 1/25/13 *

Not super long since the last set was 2 days ago.

Set #1: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...1-17-13-a.html

Set #2: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...1-23-13-a.html

=====
    2.2 In-Progress Set #3

SOULS

CLERIC

INQUISITOR
    * Nysyr's Rebuke: Damage reduced.
    * Scourge, Vex: Damage increased.
    * Spiritual Scrutiny: Now a 1-hour buff. Reduced the armor and resistance penetration it grants to 20%. Now reduces the casting time of Bolt of Judgment by 1.5 seconds.

JUSTICAR
    * Mien of Leadership: Increases threat generation by 200%, down from 350%.
    * Increased the base threat generated by Justicar melee abilities.

MAGE

CHLOROMANCER
    * Essence Conversion: Corrected this ability improperly consuming stacks of Healing Balance.

WARLOCK
    * Void Decimation: Now increases the damage of Void Bolt and Void Barrage by 2-10% for each of your Death-based damage over time effects on the target.

WARRIOR

PARAGON
    * Deadly Parity: Fixed a bug where Deadly Parity is incorrectly including weapon damage in the final damage calculation.

TEMPEST
    * Empower: Now increases the damage of ranged attacks by 5%, down from 10%.
    * Electricity Cascade, Lightning Torrent: Damage reduced.
    * Polarization: Now increases the bonus on Enhanced Conductivity by 3-6%, down from 4-8%.
    * Stormbringer: Now increases the damage of Charged Pulse, Lightning Torrent, Storm Torrent, and Electricity Cascade by 5-15%, down from 5-25%.

ZONES

CITY CORE
    * IA: Field Study: Fixed potential wrong assets spawning for groups of 10-14 characters.

FROZEN TEMPEST
    * Crucia:
    - The projectile that creates Storm Cannons travels much faster, removing the risk of situations where there is no cannon to negate Exploding Tempest.
    - Characters dying on the second platform no longer create Scattered Storms.

PELLADANE
    * Achievements: Chain of Command: Fixed Unuarangecon (... say that three times fast) counting toward a kill of Diocletian, interfering with completion of this achievement.

ITEMS
    * The Bleeding Sky: Stats corrected - the 'old' version is now The Ancient Bleeding Sky and you can petition to trade it for the new DPS-oriented version if desired.
    * The set bonus "Rage of the Flamesire" has been fixed.
    * The Pet Yeti can now be loved by characters of all levels.
    * Strandling Spider is now Bind on Account.
    * Planar Jerkin, Shoulderblades of the Gorger, and Reinforced Planar Breasplate now have more Calling-appropriate stats.

2.2 In-Progress Set #3 Notes are up
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

10+ Year Old Account
    * Nysyr's Rebuke: Damage reduced.
    Yay more cleric DPS nerfs.... Scans down for rogue nerfs...Nada /check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Not really considering Spiritual Scrutiny is a 1 hour buff. The instant-cast BOJ is a bit gimmicky but it's replacing Waterjet since it hits harder during movement and will proc Life and Death Concord. And.. you can stack Scourge with Vex. Currently testing on the PTS to see what my DPS is like =]. Minor damage reduction to one thing but boosts to others might actually be for the best.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    Not really considering Spiritual Scrutiny is a 1 hour buff. The instant-cast BOJ is a bit gimmicky but it's replacing Waterjet since it hits harder during movement and will proc Life and Death Concord. And.. you can stack Scourge with Vex. Currently testing on the PTS to see what my DPS is like =]. Minor damage reduction to one thing but boosts to others might actually be for the best.
    Yeah I'm curious what sustained DPS looks like. Bursty short fights don't count. Keep me posted <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they stabilize dps on inquisitor and buff it to be competitive. It's why I started playing a cleric. It's simple and works well for me. I hate complicated rotations.

I had dps drop from 12k down to 7k on my cleric in fights - dps is good for burst, but sucky for sustained.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Depends on how you look at it, fixing the rng/sab exploit means that rogues will have to switch to mm/rng which means they will be doing less dps. /shrug
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Depends on how you look at it, fixing the rng/sab exploit means that rogues will have to switch to mm/rng which means they will be doing less dps. /shrug
    Personally, I refuse to play rng/sab, the other rogues in my guild do though. The only time they really out DPS me by a large margin is if there is absolutely no target switching. Or, if we alter the strat a little to allow them to stay on one target the whole time. Even at those times, yeah, I am behind them, but I am beating the crap outta Clerics/Mages. If they do have to switch targets somewhat frequently, or in most 5-mans, I keep up with them on DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Personally, I refuse to play rng/sab, the other rogues in my guild do though. The only time they really out DPS me by a large margin is if there is absolutely no target switching. Or, if we alter the strat a little to allow them to stay on one target the whole time. Even at those times, yeah, I am behind them, but I am beating the crap outta Clerics/Mages. If they do have to switch targets somewhat frequently, or in most 5-mans, I keep up with them on DPS.
    Uh, target swapping for RNG/Sab (61 Rng version) is actually good because your Spike Charge bleeds on your targets. If they're doing worse DPS target swapping, then they have been playing this spec wrong the entire time. Our Rogues utilize this spec and are always top DPS even during encounters where target swapping is required. Their DPS always goes higher on Regulos while target swapping between DPSing Regulos and Regulos' Eyes or Regulos' Spines. By the time Spike Charge falls off their previous target, whatever they swapped to is already dead and they're back on their main target like they never swapped.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

10+ Year Old Account
    They've released part 4 of the 'in-progress' notes for Update 2.2, seems to be still tweaking various souls and stuff
    Looking like 61 Marksman and some Nightblade hybrid builds will be the new 'kool kids' FoTM builds

* 2.2 In-Progress Notes Set #4 - 1/30/13 *

SOULS

CLERIC

INQUISITOR

* Vex: Reduced mana cost.

MAGE

ELEMENTALIST

* Summon: Greater Air Elemental: The ability description for the top two ranks no longer claim that the pet is capped to level 27.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN

PTS ONLY * Expose Weakness: The increased physical damage taken from the Rogue now scales even more from Attack Power.
    * Physical Trauma: Increases the damage of your damage over time attacks by 10-20%, up from 5-10%.

BLADEDANCER

* Contra Tempo: Increases the weapon damage and attack power contribution to the Rogue's offhand attacks by 7-35%, up from 5-25%.

MARKSMAN

* Silver Tip Munitions: Increases damage taken from the Rogue by 5% per stack, up from 3%.
    * Static Shock Munitions: Now increases damage dealt by 15%, up from 6%.

NIGHTBLADE

* Ignited Weapons: Now causes the target to burn for 100-200% of your weapon damage over 4 seconds, up from 50-100%.
    * Enkindle: Now increases the damage of Fiery Spike by 15-30%, up from 10-20%.
    * Ebon Blades: Increases damage taken from the Rogue by 5% per stack, up from 3%.

WARRIOR

CHAMPION

* Bull Rush: Corrected the tooltip which wrongly stated that Bull Rush could not be used in combat. It can.
    * Calliope's Champion Crystal: The 2-piece bonus is now properly activated after using an area of effect damage attack, and not for all area of effect abilities.

PARAGON

* Shifting Blades: Now causes only single target direct damage attacks to deal bonus damage. No longer works for damage over time attacks.

RIFTBLADE

* Rift Implosion: Fixed a bug where Rift Implosion would not enjoy the benefits of bonuses to Builders, like Surging Energy.
    * Fiery Burst, Icy Burst: Cost reduced.
    * All Bursts: Damage reduced.
    * Scald: After using Icy Burst on targets affected by Fiery Burst, Scald deals damage based on 10-30% of attack power - down from 15-90%.
    * Burst Capacitor: Now increases damage of Bursts and Scald by 8-40%, up from 4-20%.
    * Quick Burst: Increases Attack Power and Weapon Damage contribution to Burst attacks by 40%. Power cost of Burst attacks reduced by 30%.
    * Burst Synergy: Now increases the damage of the next 3 Burst abilities by 40%, up from 25%. Buff now lasts up to 30 seconds.
    * Rift Familiarity: Increases Elemental damage by 5-10%, up from 3-6%.

PVP/WARFRONTS

* Conquest: Increased the size of Empowered Sourcestone nodes in Conquest.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...1-30-13-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hail Ascended!

As the yearly celebration of your return arrives so does the great Carnival, it's back and bigger than ever - this time including a new seasonal version of Codex "Wheel of Fate"

Join us on Friday, 2/8 @ 4:30PM Pacific on the Public Test shard to help us prepare for its release in Update 2.2!

Those who come out and join us for this test might find a small, inflatable, regulos themed reward waiting for them in their mailbox a few days after the test.

So now that we have your attention - what's the alt mode all about?

• There is a 5th control point!
    • 4 of the objectives do not grant points when captured, instead they grant a team wide buff!
    • Holding any of these 4 for 3 minutes will lock it down for your team through the end of the match.
    • Holding the Codex still provides points and the amount has been increased, the team that does not control it earns bonus points for killing the enemy! (1pt with the Codex, 4pt without)
    • New useable item, the Wheel of Fate - spinning the wheel grants 1 of 6 different effects! 3 are good, and 3 are bad, and some of the good effects will help your entire team!
    • After 3 minutes cannons will activate near your base. These cannons help your team assault the codex, but be prepared for personal pain!
    • And of course, we decked it out in all the Carnival themed regalia!

See you there and have fun!

Sounds cool!
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Sounds cool!
    Sounds like this is gonna piss pvpers off more then fae yule WFS.

Deleted
    so 2.2 will come 13 february?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a second test on the PTS tonight in about 3 hours of that Codex : Wheel of Fate alternative Warfront:

2/12 Update 2.2 PTS Event - Codex: Wheel of Fate (Carnival of the Ascended Alt Mode)

Hey all,

It's time for Round 2 of the Codex: Wheel of Fate Alternate Warfront!

We had a great time and thank you for all of your feedback on Friday. We've made a few changes and improvements based on your feedback

Join us tomorrow, Tuesday February 12 @ 2:30PM Pacific (10:30PM GMT) for some more fun & feedback
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...-alt-mode.html

Meanwhile i was doing my usual snooping around on the PTS last night trying to check out new achievements like this one:

As if on cue, up it pops a bit later

It seems you get to be a party pooper and disrupt the Storm Legion's party by cracking some beer kegs, killing drakes and robbing lots of dragon balloons

It seems to be an early test version though, completed all the zone objectives and nothing else happened so no boss screenies or anything

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What date did this event start last year? I've been playing a ton of games now that I'm max level in Rift, but want to make sure I focus on playing nonstop when this thing hits because I love Rift events and their rewards.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    What date did this event start last year? I've been playing a ton of games now that I'm max level in Rift, but want to make sure I focus on playing nonstop when this thing hits because I love Rift events and their rewards.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

will probebly resub just for that :P
    hope they will decrease exp needed 50-60
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Those little guys at the top look so adorable. I want one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    *snip*
    Erhmagerd, almost 2 months...mother eff Trion does holiday events right.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Erhmagerd, almost 2 months...mother eff Trion does holiday events right.
    They do so many events, it's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Those little guys at the top look so adorable. I want one.
    Those are the parade balloons. Mock ups of the dragons. ;D

Believe me, you will be seeing them everywhere.