Thread: Lei Shen fight

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Lei Shen fight

Is anyone watching the stream right now?
    This fight looks amazing.. Like, oh my god, i think this is the most epic looking fight in WoW in general, so many cool things.
    Blizz have outdone themselves this time

We tried it and pushed him into p3 a few times. It's definitely an interesting fight. All the abilities in p2, yay.

i need stream
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

Deleted
    Tested it quite a bit tonight. Lovely fight, good mechanics fairly straightforward from a tank PoV with two big debuffs to watch out for and a knockback that's really relevant with the boss room design in mind. Lots of activity needed running to the new conduits, stacking up, spreading out. Tactical decisions on which conduit to overload, rapid taunting in last phase with a lot of ongoing damage.

Just a proper raid encounter to be honest. Even a obligatory frontal cone attack for good measure.

so is this raid something like ulduar quality wise or worse ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I was watching Affinitii and then Rigg. Looks really fun.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

it's indeed more fun than it is hard at this moment. we pushed him a few times in P3 before he despawned and I had a blast.

basically it's alot of stack-spread-stack-spread -*avoid* etc . the fusion slash or w/e it's called threw our tank of the platform firrst time haha
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz View Post
    it's indeed more fun than it is hard at this moment. we pushed him a few times in P3 before he despawned and I had a blast.

basically it's alot of stack-spread-stack-spread -*avoid* etc . the fusion slash or w/e it's called threw our tank of the platform firrst time haha
    Gotta remember were testing in there with 517 ilvl normalized. The normal mode loot is only 522. So unless your a guild that is gonna take 10+weeks to clear normal modes or your in full heroic mode gear going into it you probably are not going to have anywhere near the Ilvl that we were testing with. I did the fight for about 90 min and we made it as far as phase 2-3 transition after taking about a hour to figure out the first transition with add's. Once we started 3 healing it we were making it to p2 everytime so we were pretty close if we had another hour or so it would have been dead. Very well tuned fight for the 517 that they gave us and one of the most fun/balanced fights ive tested on the PTR in years.

Exceptional fight, although pretty undertuned. lightning whip needs to kill you and it should not be solo tankable (at least up to p3). Transitions could do with a bit more challenge - very predictable.

I'm sure the tuning will improve though, and the fight IS fantastic. Aesthetics are just gorgeous, it's engaging and there's a lot of decision making. Heroic will be amazing. Hopefully Ra-den will be better, I would hate it to be eclipsed by the previous fight.

Can you link to a stream or a video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a shread of doubt the most amazing looking Room and encounter, yes, not even Algalon's room or Lich King's throne look that epic. (Did you see when he puts his fists in the conduits on the floor? I was in like a 10second awe from that).

I enjoyed the few 4 to 5 pulls I got in, had to leave fast. But from what I experienced its a REALLY fun fight (And like I said, best epic effects ever), Also not too long, not to short, I estimate around 10 minutes on 10man. I did noticed that his cone abilitie didnt kill you, I supose that will be fixed.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-26 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was fun to tank. Looking forward to heroic testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamogri View Post
    Can you link to a stream or a video?

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Gotta remember were testing in there with 517 ilvl normalized. The normal mode loot is only 522. So unless your a guild that is gonna take 10+weeks to clear normal modes or your in full heroic mode gear going into it you probably are not going to have anywhere near the Ilvl that we were testing with. I did the fight for about 90 min and we made it as far as phase 2-3 transition after taking about a hour to figure out the first transition with add's. Once we started 3 healing it we were making it to p2 everytime so we were pretty close if we had another hour or so it would have been dead. Very well tuned fight for the 517 that they gave us and one of the most fun/balanced fights ive tested on the PTR in years.
    Pretty sure the loot was 502 but meh lol didn't really check - or was that just the previous few bosses?!? After we worked out the transition phase and understood how p2 worked a couple of tries it was pretty easy. P3 is very underwhelming (even for a normal mode) at this point. P3 Needs to be buffed for sure (it was a 1 shot). But I must agree this fight has a lot of potential but they need to make a few of the abilities a lot less forgiving even on normal mode. But overall the concept of the fight is great.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    Pretty sure the loot was 502 but meh lol didn't really check - or was that just the previous few bosses?!? After we worked out the transition phase and understood how p2 worked a couple of tries it was pretty easy. P3 is very underwhelming (even for a normal mode) at this point. P3 Needs to be buffed for sure (it was a 1 shot). But I must agree this fight has a lot of potential but they need to make a few of the abilities a lot less forgiving even on normal mode. But overall the concept of the fight is great.
    Raid Finder gear is 502.

No but fairly sure the loot for the testing was normalised down to 502 meh might have been higher didn't really check when testing. But overall a great fight and judging by the BL video and how the two groups in our guild did it there is / was in normal mode at least room for trying / excuting different tactics for this fights which is always nice.
    Last edited by Metaz; 2013-01-26 at 06:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's going on in the intermission phases - is he summoning those elemental adds? Dungeon Journal doesn't really give a lot of info.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    No but fairly sure the loot for the testing was normalised down to 502 meh might have been higher didn't really check when testing. But overall a great fight and judging by the BL video and how the two groups in our guild did it there is / was in normal mode at least room for trying / excuting different tactics for this fights which is always nice.
    There doing it on a per boss basis. it was 502 for the first boss in the morning testing. It was 517 for Lei Shen. It was like 510 for one of the last testing's in the middle of the week I believe council?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    So what's going on in the intermission phases - is he summoning those elemental adds? Dungeon Journal doesn't really give a lot of info.
    As I understood, he starts attacking with AOE damage, and leaves zones on the ground, if you step in them - you get tons of damage, if you dont - elementals will overrun you, so i think it's about balancing the amount of adds and raid damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the way lightning whip looks!

I mean the whole fight looks spectacular, but that ability is especially cool.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2013-01-26 at 09:50 AM.