Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Why put BG wins in pve quest line.

Did I tell you how much I dislike pvp, well i guess thats why I dont do it, am a pve'er thats what I like. Now the big question is why does blizz put in me having to win Bg's for a pve quest line doesnt make any sense. I dont have pvp gear and my toon isnt set up for it. So please blizz let pve do there thing and pvp do theres. And dont tell me i dont have to do it if i dont want to since im a raider and yes i do want the extra gem slot.

Deleted
    QQ , it's not a PvE questline, it asks you to go PvP, therefore it's a PvP questline.
    Why create another thread like this to whine, weren't the other ones enough or did you need more attention?

Because it's a legendary questline, requiring you to go above and beyond what is usually expected from quests?

Off-topic: If you want to be good at PvE, then you should try doing some PvP too. Doing PvP allows you to react quicker to bad shit (especially on content you don't know yet), and learn other classes spells so you can know when you can and can't rely on the rest of your raiders.

Also, I know Blizz do read this sometimes, but you're a lot better off directing your question to their forums rather than a fan site.

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    QQ , it's not a PvE questline, it asks you to go PvP, therefore it's a PvP questline.
    Why create another thread like this to whine, weren't the other ones enough or did you need more attention?
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-01-26 at 05:16 PM.

Pretend the other players are mobs with really good AI. Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Pretend the other players are mobs with really good AI. Voila!
    Tbh, most of them are. Bots, bots everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am annoyed by this in the other way round.

I was doing the quest too, so I put my PvP gear on and queued for the 2 BGs, half the people in there are in full PvE gear....

It was a slaughter.

One of the guy's respond was: "Blame Blizzard, they put a quest here so I have to come do it whether I have PvP gear or not"

Deleted
    Why do I get the feeling that if the BG quests weren't there I would be reading a "QQ QUESTLINE TOO SHORT FU BLIZZ111DFS" post instead.

It's only 2 BG's, it fleshes out the quest chain a bit, it shows you something that you might not of experienced yet. It's not like you are forced to do 100 or anything, it's just 2, TWOOOOO. It's nothing.

completely agree, it's a PVE quest line (with the irrational exception of this quest) with PVE rewards for raiding. imagine how PVP'ers would react if they had to clear ToES normal or heroic to get the best PVP weapons for example
    personally I don't enjoy PVP, I'm not even fond of PVE dps on my warrior and prot has been useless in battlegrounds for years

It may be a lot more in the background than it used to be, but there is in-game lore behind the battlegrounds. These are not things that have nothing to do with the game universe. Pretty much they depict the struggle for resources between the Horde and Alliance.

One could also argue it's a raid questline -- why does it involve doing anything other than killing raid mobs (such as grinding out rep on non-raid mobs).

And winning two BGs is not equivalent to clearing a whole raidzone on even normal, not anywhere close. And, yeah, lots of pvp-ers (however begrudgingly) have raided and do raid to get lucrative weapons and trinkets.

Personally I think grinding out 1k valor every single week for six weeks (or 500 valor a week for three freaking months) is a stiffer requirement than winning two bgs. I haven't pvped in probably over a year because it's just not my cup of tea (sometimes I get the fancy, but I haven't for a while), but I enjoy pvp more than I enjoy feeling compelled to cap my valor every week.

They want people who only pve to try out pvp for, what, maybe an hour out of the six weeks (minimum) it takes to do this chain ... you spend more time every single week earning valor than you will doing these BGs. I don't think it's at all unfair for them to want their playerbase to try things they are not used to. They're not asking you to win a rated battleground, to get to 1600 arena rating. And this is not unprecedented, what with Children's Week meta achieve having a pvp component.

I'm not at all saying you have to like it -- I just think some folks are making a much bigger deal out of it than is warranted.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Do it like I did: AFK at the graveyard.

Having PvErs in the BGs is bad for both the PvErs themselves and the PvPers because the side with more PvEers will most likely lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Do it like I did: AFK at the graveyard.
    I'd bet your also the one that complains when your team loses every game.

2 BG's is a joke. Probably the easiest part of the quest chain that can be done in a half hour. Would you prefer a quest that required you to kill x raid boss 25 times?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    I obviously don't PvP a lot. And the few times I went with a guild, I sure as hell didn't use the Chat there.

2 BG's is a joke. Probably the easiest part of the quest chain that can be done in a half hour. Would you prefer a quest that required you to kill x raid boss 25 times?
    Yes.

Would you prefer a quest that required you to kill x raid boss 25 times?
    yes. I'd rather do something I enjoy many times than do something I dislike once
    besides, have you ever tried pvp as a prot warrior?

Deleted
    i just finished it was quite lucky done no pvp this xpac and got it done in 3 bg's

wasnt too happy about having to pvp but just sucked it up and got lucky

I just tried to complete the quest for 3h on my brewmaster monk. Even though I am specced tank, I am being taken apart in 3s by warlocks and mages in my PVE gear, and same applies to 75% my BG group, since all only have PVE gear and want to complete the quest. Many don't even know what the objective is in these BGs.

I for sure would prefer killing some raid boss 25 times, because there I can be sure I can complete it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    completely agree, it's a PVE quest line (with the irrational exception of this quest) with PVE rewards for raiding. imagine how PVP'ers would react if they had to clear ToES normal or heroic to get the best PVP weapons for example
    personally I don't enjoy PVP, I'm not even fond of PVE dps on my warrior and prot has been useless in battlegrounds for years
    Hyperbole much?

Winning 1 kotmogu and 1 silvershard is equal to completing 2 parts of LFR. Not to mention they take less time than said LFR runs.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    yes. I'd rather do something I enjoy many times than do something I dislike once
    besides, have you ever tried pvp as a prot warrior?
    PvP as a Prot warrior is very fun, i know because i do it!
    OT If you have to do BGs, it clearly isn't a PvE questline, it's just a questline, Suck it up and get on with it

10+ Year Old Account
    People are dumb, PVP is fun. Sorry, I know it is an opinion, but it is hard for me to think that it is just such torture and impossible to enjoy running 2 battle grounds. I do both PVP and PVE all week long and find both incredibly fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might feel you if it was something that was a giant pain in the ass like School of Hard Knocks, but winning two battlegrounds is not asking very much at all.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |