Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Big plus, they should drop the amount of rep per daily to 10 rep. instead of 100+, yea can you imagine how epic I would feel after rep grinding for months and month in? ONE WORD "EPIC"

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    You're not being forced to grind rep anymore than you're being forced to log in.
    Can they just charge me for the days I log in instead of the monthly too?

Deleted
    Such a big minus that it puts MoP right at the "worst expansion so far" place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Such a big minus that it puts MoP right at the "worst expansion so far" place.

^This. first Time I ever quit since bc

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Can they just charge me for the days I log in instead of the monthly too?
    You're not being forced to log in anymore than you're being forced to sub.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, adds so much depth to the game.

No facerolling your way into epics this time. Don't like it? You'll be stuck in blues forever, and that's where you belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the improvements since 5.1 and new things to come in 5.2 for it, a HUGE plus.It also makes it feel like an actual RPG not some loby crap. Not the cataclysm bullshit of just getting around and buying epics without haveing to put any effort for them. People who actually invest time will be getting them, not just NOT play for 6 months, come back and skip everything. Love it. Siimilar to BC only less annoying.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-26 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Run heroics -> raid normals, that's all there is to it.
    This, guilds started raiding after the 1 week lockout, they didn't need to wait around to grind reps up to exalted. Just get your heroic gear and go, hell - you even have LFR as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I couldn't care less for reputation, but coins only being available in dailies pisses me off. Give me 10-15 coins to complete a daily heroic.
    Do you really deserve extra loot if you can't be bothered to do 45 dailies a week? It's like 6 a day, you can get that from the tillers hub which takes 10-15mins.

@OP: If you DO feel the need to grind a rep, remember you only need to get to honored / revered to buy items. You can get klaxxi rep very easily due to half of it being gained from dread wastes questing - getting to revered with them should give you enough to buy that you won't be capping VP for a few weeks. the 5.1 daily quests are also significantly better than the others. Tillers don't give gear, but they're also pretty quick - 10-15minutes or so max.

Alternatively, just upgrade gear - it's better in terms of VP -> ilevel upgrades as long as you're upgrading normal raid ilevel gear or better.

Personally, I like them. There was probably a few too many on launch, but if you take them one at a time then they're pretty fun. 5.1 was great since by then I was exalted with everything else. I like having some content I can do to progress my character that I can do solo without having to scrounge up enough guildies to do something.

You're not being forced to grind rep anymore than you're being forced to log in.
    I would suggest maybe with the exception of Golden Lotus to revered.

never before have you have to grind out one rep to unlock another.

In wrath and cata if you wanted the patterns for the larger bag you would grind the rep which gives that pattern, while this is still largely the case in MOP, you are forced to first get another rep to revered. Now instead of doing 1 rep to get something like you have in the past, you have to grind 2.

If August Celestial and Shado Pan were not gated behind GL I would agree with you, nothing is forced, if you want something from a single rep you grind that single rep, like we have for every other rep reward in the past.

I suppose you could argue if you want something from exalted with August Celestials you do the work required to get to exalted with AC, this is the same as any rep prior to MOP and is really no different now.

Still I'd rather 2 reps that I might want to exalt or get rewards from were not gated behind another rep grind.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-01-26 at 06:11 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Plus.

Like in TBC.

I like building up rep through quests. Too bad progression is too fast with LFR/normal and rep rewards are not that useful. If faction reps were required for heroics in progression and heroics were difficult and required for raids in progression, I would have liked it more. But that would be TBC.

It's a Plus

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Plus.

Like in TBC.

I like building up rep through quests. Too bad progression is too fast with LFR/normal and rep rewards are not that useful. If faction reps were required for heroics in progression and heroics were difficult and required for raids in progression, I would have liked it more. But that would be TBC.
    I like building reps through quests too, at least to say Friendly or Honored, not necesarily Revered.
    Without rep commendations, I think you get Klaxxi to honored, Shado Pan to just shy of Honored (unless a human) but the other 2, Golden Lotus and August Celestials barely get through Neutral before you have to start doing dailies?

If you could have got to honored at least with these 4 reps through questing/leveling you would have several VP upgrades available once you had the VP.
    2 of them you get to Honored now with the bonus commendations once your main reaches revered, and one rep will get to revered with it (klaxxi)

TBC heroic originally required Revered with the variation factions to enter them, this was later lowered to Honored. In the course of questing/leveling it was possible to get Thrallmar to honored, Cenarion Expedition or Honored, Shatar to at least friendly if not Honored, Lower City to Friendly if not Honored, and Keepers of time I think you could get to honored by doing your first run of Hillsbrad>black Morass for the quest chain. At that point you had to run the regular versions of the dungeons over and over to get to revered. But you could at least get the reps you needed for entry to honored as you leveled in preperation for the heroic grinding you were gonna do anyways.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Terrible Terrible Terrible decision by Blizzard. They are going out of their way to limit the systems they currently have.

Deleted
    strange i never have done a single forced rep grind in this entire game.
    i only did ones which i felt like doing, and over time that became 60 exalted factions. yet i never felt forced to do any of them.

geuss its your own faulty way of doing reputations if you think your forced to do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    strange i never have done a single forced rep grind in this entire game.
    i only did ones which i felt like doing, and over time that became 60 exalted factions. yet i never felt forced to do any of them.

geuss its your own faulty way of doing reputations if you think your forced to do them.
    Its a compulsive thing the community has lately, they think they deserve everything without putting any kind of effort. If you dont feel like it or dont like it, dont do it. I agree with you. Sadly, not many in this community actually has much of a racional sense anymore or are intrested in the actual feel of an mmorpg, not a lobby game like cataclysm was.

Im also seeing ppl asking for Charms on heroics. What? Do people who ask for this sort of thing actually enjoy the aspect of an rpg? going around the world to fulfill tasks for something you want? Asking for that is asking for the cataclysm to come back, which is an abomination.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-26 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a game, you're not forced to do anything, not even play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I couldn't care less for reputation, but coins only being available in dailies pisses me off. Give me 10-15 coins to complete a daily heroic.
    lol along with the current heroic rewards? how much do you guys love your 5mans, because i think they're worse and more repetitive than the dailies, oh wow spamming cl again doing 70% of the damage boosting ppl who only wanna raid casually then 50% of the bosses health with an ascendance, while some do 20k dps, and should be rewarded with 80 valor, rep from first hc, and coins....lol what next heroic loot and potions/flaskes/enchants every heroic?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Terrible Terrible Terrible decision by Blizzard. They are going out of their way to limit the systems they currently have.
    Agree.

I think many people ding 90 and looks at their char rep bar and say no thanks, unsub and wait for the next exp. Or start on another alt.

Too bad this happened because otherwise it's a very good expansion. I think that you have to make a personal decision. Is your love for the game more than the tedium of rep grinding for months a couple or hours a night for multiple toons. Some say yes. Some say no.

Let's face it, it's a not so transparent effort to keep subs up. I believe you should have everything you need to participate in end game when you ding max level. Not all this tredmill crap between max level and the last boss. Its not 2008 anymore. And when you kill that last boss,, roll credits, it's over and you won. Start another class.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-01-26 at 07:07 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

-Minus. The rep grind gets very boring very quickly. The only faction i enjoyed was The Order, due to the option of collecting eggs to progress faster, that way i could get my rep in 3-4 days instead of 5-6 weeks. I did Tillers and friends also, but then stopped half way done with Klaxxi.

Its beyond me what a few quests per day makes this expac such a grind? So its not instant gratification, but one that takes a few weeks. Even that is a tad short. I'm done already and have nothing to do until the next patch and I started a month into the expac. This is a mmo that involves questing. Its been about questing since day one. Of course they give you other paths to take if you want gear, so to sum up in my eyes its a perfect win-win situation. You don't want to do dailies? Go raiding in a guild or get gear from heroics and crafting and go to LFR. If you don't want to raid, go do dailies. To me, its a perfect solution that should satisfy everyone.

You're not being forced to log in anymore than you're being forced to sub.
    I would like to make a point to you Broloth, I'm nice, I try to thank everyone who replies, and the reason I do is because most of the things they say is helpful or provides insite into the topic. I know im not a mod and I know maybe I shouldn't say this ut it always bugs me when people start un necessary arguments. I know i said that they are forced, but I further asked for a way around them. I wasn't trying to prove they were forced I was asking peoples opinions on what they think of the progress. Maybe, if you said something like " I don't believe they're forced, because you can do this this and this and that will do the same thing." As for everyone else thank you for your replies, and I still have literall found no use for my valor, unless I grind the rep. But thats ok, im sure I;ll figure something out. Again, Broloth im not trying to flame or antagonize you, its just an example of something that grinds my gears.