Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So Ring of Peace is now only castable on friendly targets, and the silence portion only gets applied after a harmful spellcast. So it is absolutely useless against a healer, and any caster hybrid will simply switch to bombing heals when RoP is cast on them. That only leaves non-hybrid casters (mage and warlock), who can simply use non-harmful spells such as Blink and Demonic Circle: Teleport to get out of the Ring of Peace and then they can resume casting as normal.

So the silence portion is basically useless in high level play and it's basically a disarm on a 1.5 min CD. No thanks, I'll take Leg Sweep for a 5sec stun on a 45 second CD because it works on all targets, not just the subset of classes who are affected by disarms.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    How does this differ from any other classes' playing style?

In vanilla, the ONLY class that could kill you in under 4 seconds was a pom-pyro mage.

Burst right now is FAR worse than it was in vanilla. Rogues couldn't kill you in a cheap shot -> kidney shot opener like they can in 5.2. No class was able to burn straight through defensive cds like they can nowadays. And never mind the fact that the pve/pvp gear discrepancy is larger than ever so that pvp'ers deal a flat 50+% more damage to pve targets based on nothing but gear.
    a geared anything could kill you just as fast. reck paladins, warriors, 2h shamans. mages just required the least skill to do it with.

pvp gear was probably worse in vanilla because it didn't receive upgrades every season like it does now and pve gear quickly out paced it in terms of itemization. a T3 geared player could easily stomp all over some one in full GM gear.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    So the silence portion is basically useless in high level play and it's basically a disarm on a 1.5 min CD. No thanks, I'll take Leg Sweep for a 5sec stun on a 45 second CD because it works on all targets, not just the subset of classes who are affected by disarms.
    I don't know. RoP still has the potential to swing a game around. Think of it as a defensive peel for your team mates. Lets say you're against Mage/Warrior and they've just swapped to your healer with all CDs popped, you chuck a ROP on him and he walks LoS. The Mage cant persue otherwise he'll get silenced on his cast and the Warrior now does no damage.

The stun may be better, but if you play with a Warrior or Monk i'd go RoP so your leg sweep doesnt DR their stuns.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    I don't know. RoP still has the potential to swing a game around. Think of it as a defensive peel for your team mates. Lets say you're against Mage/Warrior and they've just swapped to your healer with all CDs popped, you chuck a ROP on him and he walks LoS. The Mage cant persue otherwise he'll get silenced on his cast and the Warrior now does no damage.

The stun may be better, but if you play with a Warrior or Monk i'd go RoP so your leg sweep doesnt DR their stuns.
    He is a monk, why would he play with another?
    And Shockwave will have 40 sec cooldown, they can just avoid DR and cycle them.

RoP is crap now, with what it has to compete with.

15+ Year Old Account

RoP's range is too short now unless the two people are standing right next to each other. I would only grab this to be able to disarm someone. But as a mw monk I have 0 problems with melee so disarming people is not something I need. The stun is too good to pass up, though it does need an increase of range because it's range can be very silly sometime and is very. Sometimes I am in a crowd of people and hit no one, sometimes I hit people who are 7 yards away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    So Ring of Peace is now only castable on friendly targets, and the silence portion only gets applied after a harmful spellcast.
    Ring of Peace is castable on enemy targets.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I don't know, RoP still has it's uses after the recent changes...it's definitely a survivability increase. A windwalker, which already has ToK and other tools, can render a caster useless for at least 15 seconds if he times hes abilities well, all this while doing hes damage on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ring of Peace is castable on enemy targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Ring of Peace has been adjusted. It now forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and causes enemies who cast a harmful spell to be silenced for 3 sec. Moving out of the ring does not remove the silence, but it won't trigger again. The duration of Ring of Peace is 8 sec.
    If you could cast it on an enemy target then it wouldn't be so bad. When I say it wouldn't so bad, I mean it might be worth taking against double melee or teams with mage/warlock. As it stands you'd probably only take RoP for healer + double melee or double healer + melee.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    He is a monk, why would he play with another?
    And Shockwave will have 40 sec cooldown, they can just avoid DR and cycle them.

RoP is crap now, with what it has to compete with.
    I meant rogue, sorry!

If you're playing with a Rogue (who's main source of major peels is stuns), then it'd be useless taking a AoE stun.

I don't know. I think RoP has some amazing uses still. Just out of curiosity, is it just monks who are saying RoP is useless? It feels like most people are like "okay that's actually a cool some-what balanced spell now". Ring of Peace was meant to be a defensive utility, not an offensive 1-shot gib mechanic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I meant rogue, sorry!

If you're playing with a Rogue (who's main source of major peels is stuns), then it'd be useless taking a AoE stun.

I don't know. I think RoP has some amazing uses still. Just out of curiosity, is it just monks who are saying RoP is useless? It feels like most people are like "okay that's actually a cool some-what balanced spell now". Ring of Peace was meant to be a defensive utility, not an offensive 1-shot gib mechanic.
    It was meant to be what it was descibed to be. No more no less. You can use a silence/disarm offensively and defensively. Though I am interested if some of the monk spells are considered offensive as some of them deal damage while healing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I meant rogue, sorry!

No, I play a paladin and a druid. I just don't see a 3 second silence with weird requirements being that good. The disarm is alright, but monks already have a disarm and why not take the skill that has half the cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by rambominator View Post
    Not really.In vanilla u could die in a single cheap shot.
    If you were a badly prepared holy priest up against a naxx renataki rogue maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    So now RoP is worse than the aoe stun, and blanket silences are back? Dumb...? Blanket silences need to go.
    How is RoP worse than the aoe stun? RoP can still be used offensively as a good 5 sec AoE silence. Besides, you HAVE to agree with basically EVERYBODY that an 8 second silence and disarm for 8 seconds, untrinketable nor counterable was INSANELY imbalanced.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    How is RoP worse than the aoe stun? RoP can still be used offensively as a good 5 sec AoE silence. Besides, you HAVE to agree with basically EVERYBODY that an 8 second silence and disarm for 8 seconds, untrinketable nor counterable was INSANELY imbalanced.
    Didn't say it shouldn't be cleansable or trinketable. And correct me if I'm wrong but its a 3 second silence IF you cast an OFFENSIVE spell. Can't silence healers, and it has to be put on a friendly target. Even if you cast it on yourself in melee with a mage, said mage will only get silenced for 3 seconds.

The fact it doesn't silence healing spells may be an overnerf, I didn't get it at first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    It is counterable, all you have to do is move, but I do agree it should not be castable one enemy targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't say it shouldn't be cleansable or trinketable. And correct me if I'm wrong but its a 3 second silence IF you cast an OFFENSIVE spell. Can't silence healers, and it has to be put on a friendly target. Even if you cast it on yourself in melee with a mage, said mage will only get silenced for 3 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    The fact it doesn't silence healing spells may be an overnerf, I didn't get it at first.
    This, I forgot the offensive spell cast part. They should make it proc for ANY spell cast. Even instant casts IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It is counterable, all you have to do is move, but I do agree it should not be castable one enemy targets.
    You can't simply move out of it since monks are extremely mobile. They also have a 5~ sec root by DRing their slow. I fought a WW monk on PTR as DK, and even at range he managed to kill me extremely quick. Why punish someone for being at both ranged AND close combat?

you can try and spin it all you want rop is useless the reason non monks are say its fine is simple it was op the way it was before, they are just happy its not that. Some people are saying give up the 5 sec stun that has a 45 sec cd for this garbage you might get to silence them for 3 sec if they cast a harmful spell in the ring on a 2min cd, I mean its not gonna happen the only benefit of rop is they are taking away deadly reach and just putting it on paralyze.

Deleted
    Yes, people don't understand how bad are monks in pvp right now, they simply don't want us to play competitively. The whole point of RoP being hella OP was to help monks pvp population, they are as rare as moonkins in vanilla. Seems season 12 will still be shit for monk, well time to move to PvE all the time.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Ok, gief back gag order now.
    You have pummel and disrupting shout. What makes you think warriors deserve a silence on their heroic throw as well?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    You have pummel and disrupting shout. What makes you think warriors deserve a silence on their heroic throw as well?
    Even though this is not the right thread to discuss it, I feel that warriors in 5.2 will have some problems in the control department.
    In cata, warriors just had a 5s stun every 45s and an AoE fear every 2mins.
    In 5.2, they will have a 4s stun every 40s (an aoe one, surely better than throwdown) and an AoE fear every 1.5 mins.
    I don't like blanket silence, but I think we will need something else to bring to the table.
    Im leaving survavibility nerfs out of this btw.