Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Just came back to MoP, my first impressions

So, I just came back to World of Warcraft after leaving before the end of cataclysm, and I have to say, boy, I'm disapoint...

1- Takes too long to level up

It's taking twice as much to level from 85 to 90 (i'm halfway 87 now), than from 80 to 85. Blizzard should compensate the lack of flying mounts with a faster leveling process.
    I ws thinking about leveling 2 other chars to 90 later, but it pains me just to think about it.

2- Too much Pandas related lore

Some people might think it's cool to have an entire expansion dedicated to the pandaren and their land. At least for now, I'm really bored to be helping countless farmers and other pandas, in a lore that doesn't really appeal to me, in a land that has nothing to do with world of warcraft. Yeah, imo, a chinease themed expansion doesn't fit wow imho.

3- It seems to be VERY alt unfriendly

I don't have alts, I have mains. I have 2 mains, and would like to level to 90 another char (different faction this time). I really like playing them, but the problem is this expansion seems VERY unfriendly to multiple characters. I still don't know if i'll focus on pvp or pve, but if i choose PvE, I can see that it will take me forever to gear up a character, thanks to rep and valor points grind, soemthing that some people are comparing to a job.
    I can't imagine doing this in 2 or more characters

4- Guildmates complaining about PvvP non stop

I'm worried about what I'll face in PvP. Not only they are saying that PvP is very umbalanced, but they are facing bot and afkers more than ever... yeah.

So, I'm afraid to say, I do not like what i'm facing in wow right now, and i fear it will be worse when I hit 90.

Do you like dailys? Because if so you're in for a treat!

Deleted
    1. i find the leveling fine, for the first character. would be nice if you could fly on alts though like in wotlk, but i still find it quite fast. ive just done my rogue this weekend, 85-90 in 4 and a bit days, so seems quick enough to me.

2. at first, especially valley of four winds the lore kind of sucks, dread wastes lore is pretty good, and the dominance offensive / operation sheild wall dailies are very good for their lore, would reccomend doing them when you hit 90.

3. it is.

4. bots and AFKers are indeed quite a nuisance, ive not noticed it so much at 90, more at lower level, but its still too many at 90 for my liking. and yeah pvp is quite unbalanced right now, looks to be better next patch.

not the most detailed post, hope it helps anyway.

Complaining about "Too much Pandas related lore" in expansion called Mists of Pandaria made me giggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Do you like dailys? Because if so you're in for a treat!
    LOL made my day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barricade_ View Post
    Complaining about "Too much Pandas related lore" in expansion called Mists of Pandaria made me giggle.
    Was about to say the same thing. And to OP leveling is not that bad at all.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Take Wrath of the Lich King. The lich king himself was only part of the lore. We had Yogg Saron storyline, Malygos storyline, Wyrmrest storyline, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    So, I just came back to World of Warcraft after leaving before the end of cataclysm, and I have to say, boy, I'm disapoint...

It's taking twice as much to level from 85 to 90 (i'm halfway 87 now), than from 80 to 85. Blizzard should compensate the lack of flying mounts with a faster leveling process.
    I ws thinking about leveling 2 other chars to 90 later, but it pains me just to think about it.
    But the leveling was enjoyable for a ton of people. Stop treating your character like its a race. Slow down and treat it like an adventure, not a grind.

Some people might think it's cool to have an entire expansion dedicated to the pandaren and their land. At least for now, I'm really bored to be helping countless farmers and other pandas, in a lore that doesn't really appeal to me, in a land that has nothing to do with world of warcraft. Yeah, imo, a chinease themed expansion doesn't fit wow imho.
    At 90 you can go do quests for your faction, and they're much more grim than helping the smiley pandaren. It starts out a bit light-hearted, especially in Valley of Four Winds. By Townlong Steppes you'll feel like its war again.

I don't have alts, I have mains. I have 2 mains, and would like to level to 90 another char (different faction this time). I really like playing them, but the problem is this expansion seems VERY unfriendly to multiple characters. I still don't know if i'll focus on pvp or pve, but if i choose PvE, I can see that it will take me forever to gear up a character, thanks to rep and valor points grind, soemthing that some people are comparing to a job.
    It is alt unfriendly. But less than Cataclysm was. Patch 5.2 will have more steps in the right direction for catching up alts.

I'm worried about what I'll face in PvP. Not only they are saying that PvP is very umbalanced, but they are facing bot and afkers more than ever... yeah.
    People will complain about PvP no matter what. They did every expansion previous to this and will for every expansion after. People don't want a fair fight, they want a God complex where they can dangle everyone else by a string and hold a pair of scissors. When they don't get that, they want it. And since the grass is always greener, they'll say "X has this thats why hes better than me". If you actually play PvP and pretend the forums don't exist, its not bad at all. As a warrior, a priest and a warlock I find PvP to be entertaining, even if I lose.

So, I'm afraid to say, I do not like what i'm facing in wow right now, and i fear it will be worse when I hit 90.
    Theres more to do than hacking and killing. Thats a new feature to MoP. You don't have to hack and kill to enjoy yourself. Pet battles, Farming, Fishing, Cooking. Its not the best, but its better than what we used to have.

Deleted
    I took two days for 85-90 ... it was a bit longer than 80-85 but not "too" long.
    I do not remember if it's longer than 60-70 and 70-80 but anyway that's not a problem at all.

Too much pandas related lore, that's normal, since we are on Pandaria, a totally unknown isle, absolutely separated from the rest of Azeroth and 100% homogeneous. However, i agree, but even if it seems to have no connection with the rest of the lore, if we inform ourselves about it, we can see that it have connections with the rest of the lore - the trolls see in Pandaria a new home, it's not surprising at all since most of the trolls are known since ages for being homeless and for seeking a new place to live. Also, the sha is the rest of Y'Shaarj, an old god slew by the titans.

4- PvP is very unbalanced - but most of the peoples who complains about that are just raging cause they've been slain by another class. Also, it's not the first time that the game is as much unbalanced.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-01-27 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    1 - No it doesn't

2 - Gasp, Pandaren lore in a Pandaren expansion on Pandaria. Who saw that coming? In your defence, you're not all the way and The Mogu have a very interesting back story and The Mantid provide spectacular lore in my eyes.

3 - Yeah, you're completely correct

4 - I haven't even bothered with pvp I'm unaware of the problems but I wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

Deleted
    yeah im guessing op is currently in valley of four winds :P its quite a boring zone, and is largely focussed around helping farmers. kun lai summit is a little better, but tow long and dread wastes it gets a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legit reason, a theme matters.
    Well unless you are a grown man who loves mlp or tele tubbies and so on it should.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that, at least they have found a healthy outlet in witch to control their obvious pedophilia.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-27 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Legit reason, a theme matters.
    Well unless you are a grown man who loves mlp or tele tubbies and so on it should.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that, at least they have found a healthy outlet in witch to control their obvious pedophilia.
    Watch out Bronys lurk on this forum. They will find you and make you watch it for days!!! Their brony mind washing techniques can cause severe health issues!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeah im guessing op is currently in valley of four winds :P its quite a boring zone, and is largely focussed around helping farmers. kun lai summit is a little better, but tow long and dread wastes it gets a lot better.
    I do not agree, I hate Dread wastes and Townlong steppes, and the entirety of my companions agree. In my opinion the best zone is the Jade Forest.

Deleted
    1.) I really liked leveling in pandaria, especially jade forest is great (some amazing quests, love the design, etc).

2.) I'm not really a big fan of the sha, and I think the pandas look ugly, but overall I like the lore (especially the increased focus on the ally/horde conflict and the klaxxi) and most zones have very difference and fitting themes. You not liking panda lore is a preference thing.

3.) Not very alt-unfriendly with the rep changes, but the leveling isn't particulary fun past the first time (and you really feel the lack of more instances the second time). If you plan to do 'everything' on several characters you'll obviously have your hands full but that has been the case most expos.

4.) Pvp doesn't really have worse balance than normally, though I don't like the design wow has had for the last few years, more focus on instant, ccs, etc. and less on mana and long-term strategy. Bots/afkers have always been infesting the bgs (for very understandable reasons), those (and the reasons) have always been there though.

As someone who came back about 2 weeks ago to MoP as well, I've got to disagree with most things you say.

The leveling process isn't any worse than it used to be. When I compare it to leveling up in TBC to 70 or in WotLK to 80 for the first time I was much slower. Due to properly grouped quests and easy chains without flying all over the place the leveling process is actually pretty quick. Specially if you're rested. If you'd said you think there aren't enough dungeons to do while leveling, in that case I'd agree with you. I think I managed to get my pally in about 3 days of not too active play up to max level, which isn't too bad in my opinion and as I said. It was definitly faster than WotLK and TBC (for me!)!

It's not just panda related lore, but you'll find mainly panda's at 85-87ish. Despite the "panda lore" as you call it, as Alliance you're actually trying to find that idiot of a son of the king who's running away all the time. At higher level you'll get to do stuff for the Klaxxi to name an example of non-panda stuff you can do. At max level you'll also be able to enjoy the dailies for Operation Shieldwall, which is horde vs alliance. So no panda's there either. The only thing that annoys me about them is the "slow down!" which makes me want to tell them I'm Ethes the Impatient!

With some of the changes they've made in 5.1 and some of the changes that are coming in 5.2 it actually isn't that bad. Specially if you get the reps you're interested in with your alts (other main) to revered first. You'll be able to buy an item that will grant +100% rep for your whole account. As I ended up honoured and almost honoured with Klaxxi and Shado-pan on my pally, you can definitly get (almost) revered with those factions through just questing. But yes, if you want everything exalted on all your characters, you'll be busy for a while.

Personally I don't really pvp very much, but the arena's I've been doing have been fine. (except that I'm totally noob :-)) BG's might be terrible, from what I've been seeing on the forums you're very likely to encounter a shitton of botters. Happily bots die easily!

Last thing I'd like to say is that I don't really understand why you wanna try it all out if you're so pessimistic about it. I personally think the theme is beautiful, dailies are booring, raids are interesting and that there are plenty of ways to gear up without having to do the said dailies. Anyway, have fun in game!

No, it takes about the same or to put it more precise when Cata was current content it took same as it takes to level 85-90 today. If you compare it when you level a new char all the way from 80 - 90 today obviously it does as they buffed XP gain for 80 - 85 range. You should also be aware you are playing an RPG game, leveling is well.. core part of it, maybe wrong game for you huh? If it was up to me I'd make it even longer.

So you're in Pandaria, what lore did you expect Ogre one? WoW is full of stuff inspired by various regions and cultures in the world, nothing bad with that. Lore is also whatever they make it to be, and Pandaren have been around at least since WC3, if they wanna include Star Wars related stuff as part of lore it's up to them really. Have in mind Warcraft lore did not exist before they made first games, same way they invented it then they invent new stuff now, there is no such thing as "it doesn't fit the lore". There are also quite a few races that are completely unrelated to anything Chinese-like.

Did not notice this, I'm not an alt person and I didn't find it hard to level an another char in matter of few days without even devoting entire play time to it. You don't really need to have all factions on exalted on all of your chars, if you do then that is something you LIKE to have obviously and it's nothing to complain about then.

Not that certain about rated PvP as I'm not into it but I find that amount of World PVP has increased significantly and is on par with TBC, I like it a lot. There are always balance issues but it won't ever be perfect. Bots are a problem indeed.

Your opinion, you have a right to it.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    1. Both took me two weeks, so I don't see what you are talking about.
    2. Wait.. what? Helping Farmers? I count 7 zones, with only one of them heavily focussed on what you described.
    The other zones focus much more on stuff beside Pandaren, so you are either not over level 87 (in which case you shouldn't my an "my impression"-thread) or you are lying because you want to start a discussion (in which case you shouldn't make threads at all).
    3. Then focus on one character! The problem is that you want to do current content on multiple characters and refuse to put effort in it.
    They've doubled the alt-rep farming, you earn 50% more valorpoints on alts and we have BoA's hidden all over Pandaria.
    How is that alt-unfriendly? I think it's just not faceroll enough for you.
    4. Nobody is going to talk endlessly about not encountering bots and having good games, you will always find more negative feedback with anything.
    1- The last thing I did before quitting wow was leveling from 80 to 85, so I remember it took way less time in Cata than it's taking in MoP

2- Helping farmers was an example of how boring and dull the storyline is in MoP. From helping monks in Jade forest to fighting evil taurens and Kun Lai and black manifestations of Lorelol, the story doesn't fit the world of warcraft universe as much as the previous expansions did.

3- This isn't Vanilla anymore. The game has changed from keep 1 char to experience new things to don't get bored. Well, you can earn more valor points on alts, but it seems there is a weekly cap os 1000 VPs, and i've read that items cost something around 1350. So it could take 2 to 3 monthas to get an average set of gear to a character.

Deleted
    Point one and two are pretty meh in my opinion, since the speed of leveling depends. As for the lore, you said you are 87 so you are probably referring to a lot of the Jade Forest stuff (aside from own faction lore) and Valley. But Krasarang for example has some very nice Tauren and Night Elf stuff. There's also the Mogu Lore, the Mantid, your own faction stuff at level 90 so there is plenty of lore and even MOTHERFUCKING TROLLS BABEH!

But point 3 and 4 are pretty legit, although Blizzard is working on point 4 in 5.2 (But honestly when did people not complain about PvP?). They said they want to address point 3 in some ways, and they're slowly getting there especially with rep alternatives and boosts without having to implement tabards.

All in all it's just something you have to get used to, and it will make sense if you look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the issue people have with Pandaren? Does is make you feel like less of a man? Thats just a pathetic arguement to be honest.

I find them to be a quite cool and charismatic race, and atleast learn a bit more about thier lore, saying ''lolsss pandas'' doesn't make a good point at all.

Also you actually bought and expac called pandaria without knowning you''ll interact with Pandarens? Wat?
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-27 at 01:33 AM.