Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    You're coming into the argument uninformed. Please educate yourself before you participate in intelligent discussions.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 03:38 AM ----------

You had other options besides the rep grind for the head enchant.
    Use a pvp head enchant...?

K.

creativity died in wow at the end of bc, so i wouldn't expect something great coming soon.

You had other options besides the rep grind for the head enchant.
    Other than not using a head enchant or using one from several expansions prior what options were there?

Why wouldn't it be mandatory? If you're doing PvE, then raid groups will expect you to continue the questline in order to get the gem.The gem is in essence the new head enchant. It is in essence similar to the ZG shoulder enchants. I remember being required to run ZG every 3 days in order to get the rep for my shoulder enchants. If you didn't have the enchant, you were hounded to run ZG every 3 days. This seems similar.

The Sha-weapon is different because you could always accept a weapon without the socket and pass off the weapon to someone who was willing to complete the questline.
    Yep no meta gem, no sha touched weapon, no raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're coming into the argument uninformed. Please educate yourself before you participate in intelligent discussions.
    Wouldn't it be in the best interest of discussion to provide such information whenever possible so that more people can participate?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Wouldn't it be in the best interest of discussion to provide such information whenever possible so that more people can participate?
    I know the answer. He obviously just doesn't want to share it because we all know it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Use a pvp head enchant...?

K.
    I'm glad you remember at least the PvP head enchant which you could obtain by running dungeons for VP then converting the VP to honor. Or you could have used the LW head enchant that provided stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Yep no meta gem, no sha touched weapon, no raid.
    Tell that to all the guilds that cleared content before the gem was obtainable.

Tell that to all the guilds that will clear the new raid before the meta gem is obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I know the answer. He obviously just doesn't want to share it because we all know it's stupid.
    You keep using words like stupid without providing any reasoning.

Tell that to all the guilds that cleared content before the gem was obtainable.

Tell that to all the guilds that will clear the new raid before the meta gem is obtainable.
    I'm sure those wonderful folks would understand what sarcasm is.

I'm glad you remember at least the PvP head enchant which you could obtain by running dungeons for VP then converting the VP to honor. Or you could have used the LW head enchant that provided stamina.
    So, a terrible head enchant with an entirely useless stat. It's not even comparable with the proper PvE head enchants.

There were no good head enchants outside the rep grind. Even with a PvP enchant you might as well have had nothing.

You keep using words like stupid without providing any reasoning.
    You are very reluctant to post it for someone so sure of themself...
    Oh. There we go! So your logic is that we could have used completely useless enchants!

And these are comparable to the meta gems we have now... how?
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-01-27 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Nope. It is, in essence, a better than normal meta gem.

In fact, that is exactly what it is.

You are fine with a normal meta gem. The legendary is pretty nice, but not mandatory.
    If it's an improvement, it will be mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    No it's always better to enter into a conversation and then argue with yourself.

So, a terrible head enchant with an entirely useless stat. It's not even comparable with the proper PvE head enchants.

There were no good head enchants outside the rep grind. Even with a PvP enchant you might as well have had nothing.
    The rep ones are just better versions of the PvP enchants and the Leatherworking Enchants. If you were satisfied with your enchant, you kept it and if you weren't, you improved it.

Of course, the behavior was that everyone got the PvE head enchants because it was a direct upgrade, much like everyone is going to get the Legendary meta because it is a direct upgrade. The only difference is that the enchants were more accessable, while the legendary metas require more effort.
    Last edited by happyzod; 2013-01-27 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    No it's not, but instead of just colouring the title of the item in orange, they could make it REALLY legendary, by giving it an importance in the lore.
    The Wrathion quest line as a whole is important lorewise to this entire xpac, the gems are simply 1 part of that, not sure what memo you did not read to not understand this.

Maybe you should play another game for a while if you feel this badly about it or simply choose to not do the quest line.

lore "legendary" for MOP it is saying you did all that the Story had to offer you get a cool weapon in Hof/ToeS do some shit and boom 500 more stat with a cool quest about how as a hero you are about to be asked to do something so non-heroic for you "Nation" then boom during the something that was so non-heroic you even show how you are still willing to do the right thing and you are the true face of you "Nation" and boom you now get 160main stat /320 secondary.

for the next stage i think you will get one more gem slot so 160 more main stat and a meta gem that look to be stam and "Cool proc"

with 2 more stages to go

so in 5.2 you will have the insane stat boost of a legendary and a proc if you are done with the first two stages form me i think stage one is about 2 to 3 weeks if you do both lfr and both normal raids with a needed sha kill at the end for stage 2 it is 6 weeks that is for every alt.

PS: if you want 100% pvp with 0% pve it is called arena pass not a normal wow sub. normal wow will all ways force you to pve and try to get you to try out pvp.

I wouldn't call any of it useless. These are just quest rewards that grant you additional power for each leg until the end of the story. It's a suspicious story also that makes you wonder what his real intentions are? His brother Sabellion seemed ok in TBC expansion and didn't turn on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    If it's an improvement, it will be mandatory.
    MoP Already has something that is an improvement but isn't mandatory, its called 300 Stat food and i only use it on 5%> wipes, which even then the 25 Int amounts to not much of anything considering a raid buffed player has over 12k int, the point is, the legendary quest line is not mandatory, which is different than the old helm enchants which Where mandatory, the alternatives gave pvp stats or stam which was indeed pointless, not only that, if you ran around with shit like that on your gear ppl would vote kick you.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    The Wrathion quest line as a whole is important lorewise to this entire xpac, the gems are simply 1 part of that, not sure what memo you did not read to not understand this.

Maybe you should play another game for a while if you feel this badly about it or simply choose to not do the quest line.
    A lot a quest which are not legendary are better than this.