Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    When EA hauled their ass into court for copying the Sims and bunch of other games. I remember it being a class lawsuit against them.
    Most articles said they are in bit of financial trouble. Tho could be related to lawsuits, maybe lack of players in general? Still.. (market seems to go towards mobile gaming not FB gaming anymore)

does anyone remember AIM lol.

and the warning system.... *troll eyes*
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-01-27 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post

those free cd's with free internet America online,.....or ICQ

if they go through with all these schemes to make more money then people will simply move to something like Google+. people like free. the same thing happened to myspace - as soon as they tried to monetize every aspect of it people moved to facebook. its a bad business model.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    if they go through with all these schemes to make more money then people will simply move to something like Google+. people like free. the same thing happened to myspace - as soon as they tried to monetize every aspect of it people moved to facebook. its a bad business model.
    It's a bad business model to try and monetize your free service? Explain how not monetizing your service is a viable business model.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    It's a bad business model to try and monetize your free service? Explain how not monetizing your service is a viable business model.
    Facebook makes money through advertising. They attract millions of people to a free social network then sell advertising space with the members of the network as the potential audience. As soon as you start charging to use the service people leave. Revenues from advertising decline and the whole process falls into irrelivence. Basically facebook are getting greedy and advertisers are also realising the return from advertising on facebook is extremely low as so few people veiw or act on those adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    ^Something along these lines, 50-60% of their games is just a copy&paste of their other games with the difference being changing the graphics.
    + they just reuse the same game, just change the names of items and the background....

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I'm even a statistic, but I did just cancel my Facebook last week for not using it in over a month.

The worst part is? I had 3 notifications.

Just a fun fact: because you personally don't use facebook doesn't mean it's not massively popular or "irrelevant".

90% of the people with laptops on campus have it up 24/7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    Just a fun fact: because you personally don't use facebook doesn't mean it's not massively popular or "irrelevant".

90% of the people with laptops on campus have it up 24/7.
    Fun fact: thats why it has "personal experiences" as title for the rest, doesnt mean I even tried to go shout those as 100% facts that apply to everyone.

Yeah, I see people using facebook a lot. All the time they are in it or have phone up for it every 30 mins.
    But none of them actually seem to post anything or be actually active. Its just new "not gonna do anything, will just wait for stuff to happen to me"

Deleted
    It will die off eventually. I remember when I was in school msn messenger and bebo were popular. Then it went to Myspace and i think msn had something similar. Then everyone flocked to facebook and shortly after twitter. I still use facebook. I don't know why, I just do it out of habit more than anything these days. Sooner or later something new will pop up and be the new cool thing to join, but I doubt facebook is going down the shitter anytime soon.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who finally caved and joined Facebook in November (due to professional networking advantages) I wouldn't be sad to see it go. But, it won't go until the next "big" social media cite, or gadget, becomes available.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    people still post non stop on mine, its pretty annoying... I hope fb dies, and every other site like it.
    Or you know, you could just not use it?
    Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Nothing lasts forever. At some point everything will become irrelavant and new things will replace them.

WoW lasts forever...

*Evil Grin*

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    sure it'll die someday, but FB has been a boon for me. I have met some awesome people, gotten a lot of support during the difficult times of my transition, and have connected with family members i never knew.

oh and it is a good way for me to promote my graphic novel and my upcoming book.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post

and the warning system.... *troll eyes*
    I miss AIM to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    taking a service that has been free for X amount of years, which people use largely because its free and convenient, and then tacking on a ton of extra charges will just piss your customers off and drive them away. getting greedy is bad for your business. especially when it comes to the internet. theres always another free service ready to replace you when you kill the user experience. Google+ isn't a bad service, its just not popular. See what happens when people start realising they can get all the same Facebook stuff for free from another service. Point and case: MySpace and AOL.

Facebook is already a multi-billion dollar company. Squeezing more money out of it for the sake of greed will drive people away and kill the business. Thats why its bad.
    Last edited by crunk; 2013-01-28 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    those free cd's with free internet America online,.....or ICQ
    I miss ICQ

People have been into that social-networking stuff for a couple of years now. Even grannies are picking it up now. The phenomenon is probably here to stay for another decade or so and unless something new to replace Facebook shows up, FB will remain what it is.

Deleted
    Facebook has around 1 billion user accounts at the moment so I guess it'll take a while to disappear. However I can see it happening sooner rather than later.