Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Don't see where I said that it was my reading comprehension that's bad. Yep, it was your comprehension that I was talking about which you just kind of proved again with you response.
    K I'm going to try this with you one more time very slowly. The person in question said this "being a racist means u generalize and judge people that u never met or personally know...
    so yeah, its that big of a deal, it basiclly means u're an idiot".

He never once mentioned race, just the part about judging people that you never met or personally know, then went on to call me an idiot. By his own definition he was being "racist". Do you finally get it?

yes/no circle one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    He said I was stupid without even knowing me which is exactly what his definition of racism was. I'm kind of baffled on how you missed that part...
    He said you were stupid because of what you said.
    "It is better to not to speak and be thought a fool, then to do so and remove all doubt."
    So you know, reading comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really racist, ..It's just a case of "Oh..this guy's from this country...cool."

However, I might 1 race might look attractive than the other. (Ignorance? Perhaps. Racism? No.)
    Howay the lads!

Didn't I just say a lot of mexicans are bikers as well? If you ever been to the Laughlin run you would know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I'll agree with the others that chalk it up to more of a hatred towards cultures than race. I hate the ghetto culture but often when I describe that view I get labelled "racist" "stupid" "ignorant" and all the other colorful insults that have been hurled since the beginning of this thread.
    you aren't the worlds worst person but clearly you are attributing behavior to race when it really isn't the cause, you are only hurting yourself with this, as you have said you don't feel you treat people differently. So if that's true then really what you are doing is potentially preventing yourself from seeing things more clearly, for all you know you could actually help someone or be helped yourself but letting their race rather than their actions dictate how you see them could stop you. Just something to think about, you are probably a good fellow, lastly ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of it's the refusal to reevaluate your perspective when the facts don't match your preconceptions that you should see as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Then you ARE a little racist. You do admit they are different don't you? That in itself is a form of racism, nothing to be ashamed about, we are all the same.
    Well, from a biological standpoint, all races are somewhat different, that is an observation and a fact, not racism.

OT: Racism, is a mess. I find the idea in itself childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beere View Post
    Hate is a strong word
    That is very true...
    Sri Chinmoy:
    You can only hate someone whom you have the capacity to love, because if you are really indifferent, you cannot even get up the enough energy to hate him.

I have the exact same understanding as the OP. There are statistics proving it. I think "racist" is too blanket of a term. you cannot like a paticular race because of your own past experiences and there is nothing wrong with that. And everyone in this forum that calls others stupid or and idiot for having an opinion then i urge you to research the definition first b/c people nowadays are way to sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    He said you were stupid because of what you said.
    "It is better to not to speak and be thought a fool, then to do so and remove all doubt."
    So you know, reading comprehension.
    YES WITHOUT KNOWING ME PERSONALLY WHICH WAS HIS EXACT DEFINITION - BY HIS DEFINITION HE WAS BEING RACIST now stop arguing something that is so easy to understand.

Also what kind of person makes such a bold statement after reading just one post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I have the exact same understanding as the OP. There are statistics proving it. I think "racist" is too blanket of a term. you cannot like a paticular race because of your own past experiences and there is nothing wrong with that. And everyone in this forum that calls others stupid or and idiot for having an opinion then i urge you to research the definition first b/c people nowadays are way to sensitive.
    As said for the umpteenth time, there is a difference between saying people are more violent/criminal because they are of a certain race, and saying that socioeconomic conditions that lead to increased violence and crime are more prevalent amongst people of a certain race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    prejudice and ignorance. nothing slows down progress and peace processes more than that.
    Religion?

But let's not start with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Where did I say that race is the cause of the behavior? See, that would be racist, but I never said it.

And this is the point I'm getting at. It's not racist to say "per capita, white people are more likely to be pedophiles." That's not racism, not even close. It's a statistical observation.
    again, no. to say statistically more pedophiles have been white, is a statistical observation, when you make a predictive statement saying a gender is more likely to commit a crime or exhibit certain behavior, you are doing 2 things.

1. you are making a logical error of attributing causality without proving what is relevant and what is statistically unimportant.

2. you are being racist because you assumed race was a factor without any evidence showing your perspective on people uses race as a factor for anything other than how easily they will tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    As said for the umpteenth time, there is a difference between saying people are more violent/criminal because they are of a certain race, and saying that socioeconomic conditions that lead to increased violence and crime are more prevalent amongst people of a certain race.
    What if them being of that race led to their socioeconomic situation which led to their increased violence and crime?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    You're not a racist if you sometimes presume certain things about someone based on the color of his skin or on his nationality. Sometimes there are people that fit a certain stereotype, and those stereotypes are there for a reason. Cultural identity and background, traditions, racial identity. However you shouldn't believe that everyone is like that. Or that a whole race is inferior to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That is very true...
    Sorry, but that is so wrong. Especially your quote.

I use a woman that lives near me as an example, she kicked her dog to death, so I hate her guts, I hate animal cruelty. To say I have the capacity to love her is just plain wrong, some people deserve hatred and and are beyond loving.

K I'm going to try this with you one more time very slowly. The person in question said this "being a racist means u generalize and judge people that u never met or personally know...
    so yeah, its that big of a deal, it basiclly means u're an idiot".

He never once mentioned race, just the part about judging people that you never met or personally know, then went on to call me an idiot. By his own definition he was being "racist". Do you finally get it?

yes/no circle one
    You can go as slow as you like, and say it to yourself as many times as you need. You still don't understand what was stated at first, that's where you need comprehension. It's also why I said your comprehension is just as bad as your lack of knowledge on what racism is. I'm not sure how you can't get it after you've explained it so many times trying to insult me.

Phookah below the post I'm quoting sure gets it. Not sure why you can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    Well, from a biological standpoint, all races are somewhat different, that is an observation and a fact, not racism.

OT: Racism, is a mess. I find the idea in itself childish.
    From a biological standpoint.....
    1 out of 10 still carries the gene from the first humans, which originated in Africa. And one out of 4 carries Genghis Khan's (yeah HIS personal) gene.
    That is, if the documentary "Mankind The Story of All of Us" is correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have stated you will allways have some sort of stereotypical view of certain types of people for whatever reason - people who don´t want to admit to it is just ignorant. The issue comes the second it goes to actual hate, and/or violence / hateful acts towards said type of people. If you can keep it to yourself I personally don´t give all that much what you think - ofc. I would probably think you were quite an idiot if I found out you thought ALL of a specific type acted a certain way instead of just some of them.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

K I think I got what I needed from this thread. (that I'm not racist just dislike certain cultures and aware of the differences) Thanks for the input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Everyone a racist deep down even if they don't admit it.
    I think you misjudge nationalism for Racism.
    Hating someone because of their color is stupid, hating them because of the country they hail from is still unjustified but a little less stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    From a biological standpoint.....
    1 out of 10 still carries the gene from the first humans, which originated in Africa. And one out of 4 carries Genghis Khan's (yeah HIS personal) gene.
    That is, if the documentary "Mankind The Story of All of Us" is correct.
    So basically, 9 of 10 people are not actually real humans.

And I think that genghis khan number is something like 1/400, not 1/4.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.